What would it take for you to trade Josh?

elijah

8 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

This is like asking a true parent “What would you trade your kid for?”
The answer is “ I wouldn’t!”

You have never met my sister. We are all well into adult hood and I think we would still try and trade her. 

• Haha (+1) 2

He seems to have an overall esoteric value that only fans can recognize, and a skill set that most experts admit.

So much like Jim Kelly. Kelly had his mobility and injury concerns. Allen has his “hero ball” and sometimes inexplicable inability to see wide open receivers.

And unlike with Ryan Fitzpatrick, we’ve already accepted his downsides, embraced his high ceiling, and act amazed when he actually progresses. Pretty much the exact opposite of Fitz now that I think of it. 

That being said, any other GM in the league will say:

tenor.gif?itemid=15253458

12 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Pure hypothetical, because that makes this more fun.

The Bills and Saints have completed a trade: 

Saints receive: 

Josh Allen,  QB 

Bills receive: 

2021 1st round pick

2022 1st round pick

2022 3rd round pick 

2024 1st round pick

Alvin Kamara, RB

Andrus Peat, G 

Really? We've waited over 20 years for a franchise QB and you'd give that up for a few lottery tickets?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Really? We've waited over 20 years for a franchise QB and you'd give that up for a few lottery tickets?

This is all devils advocate posting.

I wanted to provide an imaginary example that provided the appropriate value. 4 - 5 first rounders might be appropriate.

If I you had a gun to my head and demanded "trade Josh", this is the type of deal I'd pursue.

• Like (+1) 1

Never going to happen, but I'll play the hypothetical game.

It would have to be for another QB under 30 who is proven (Mahomes.  Not Watson, Lamar.  Burrow would be interesting)

Mahomes would be straight up.  Burrow would have to come with multiple picks, including a 1st rounder.

If no players are involved, I would say the other team would have to give us their entire draft for the next 3 years.

So again, not going to happen

• Like (+1) 1

I would not even trade Josh Allen for either Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson. Allen isn't even halfway to reaching his true Ceiling. If the Bills add a dynamic TE weapon with their 2021 1st round pick, they are never going to punt the ball.

Switch the TEs - Put Travis Kelce on the Bills and put Dawson Knox on the Chiefs. Is Mahomes still better than Allen? Very doubtful.

Maholmes or Wilson and Possibly Burrow are the only ones I would be willing to swap Allen for.  His age plays a really large part in that vs the other guys that are “better” right now.  For the next 2 years, Rodgers is the better player, but he’s in the twilight years, Breese, Brady on the downward slide, not sure they are really much better anymore when you factor in Josh’s legs. 

Josh has too high of a ceiling to consider any safer picks at this point.  Last season, I might have taken  some others, after this season, no thanks.