Jets cut Le'Veon Bell

The Jokeman

18 minutes ago, gordong said:

They are not winning this year though...   

Bell has cared about money more than winning thus far.  This season is nearing half over, I doubt he makes a decision rooted in just winning.  Im sure he wants to win still, dont get me wrong, but the Dolphins may not be a winner this year, but they have a real shot at being a playoff team next year.  They got talent at WR and TE, a young promising QB likely taking over later this year or by next season.  Plus the defense is scrappy and the coaching staff is getting the most of its players.  And Bell could within a couple weeks be the starting RB there assuming he is performing and picks up the offense quick enough.  

And if Bell brings a spark to that run game, he could be resigned there and be a key piece to their future.  While a lot of people doubt Bell having much left in the tank, he certainly doesn't feel that way and thinks he is still a premiere player.  

In KC, he likely doesn't see a ton of snaps.  If he has a new perspective now and does prioritize a championship team this year, then obviously KC is a great choice fore that.  But at 27, I think he was a more defined role, and KC loves their young back.  In Buffalo, we have 2 RB's we used consecutive 3rd round picks on.  But neither has really seized the job here as someone who should get the lion share of the carries.  Obviously Devin has a much more substantial value to us right now than Moss has given he's been out several games.  And with the run game struggling, but still having an explosive offense, they could make a case to Bell he can come in at least split carries with Devin while Moss learns the game as the 3rd guy.  And if Bell excels, he could take on the lead back role while Devin becomes more that complimentary piece (although I don't think Bell would supplant Devin personally).  

So Bills do offer the potential to both win now and give him a decent to larger size role.  

This is why I think of the 3 teams now mentioned as a finalist, Miami should be the most appealing if he wants a large role and potential to get a new contract.  I would say Miami, Buffalo, KC in that order make the most sense.  

But who knows.  Maybe being on such a losing franchise for last 2 seasons made him miss winning and his priorities have changed.

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You think he’s going to sign a long term deal somewhere? I think he signs somewhere for the rest of the season and figured out his future after the season.  If I’m him, I go somewhere where I can have some fun and stop being miserable.  That could definitely be Miami too, but a deep playoff run seems much more enjoyable.  

We’ll see what’s more important to him.  Winning or getting the most touches. I just don’t see him signing a multi year deal anywhere right now

You are correct, he is signing a deal for the rest of the season and hoping to rebuild his value to get a better deal in 2021. 

29 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That right?  Even if he signs today?

Yes, needs to go through Covid protocol 

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I thought Miami was the best place for him out of the choices.  They dont have a lead back really, and are a scrappy up and coming team with the QB of the future waiting in the wings already.  Lot of talented offensive weapons.  They also possess both the first and 2nd round picks of the 1 win Texans too to help build that OL.

He’s signing for this year though, not some multi year deal. And all those things the fish have or are “about to have” the Bills already have in place 

Edited by YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, needs to go through Covid protocol 

He’s signing for this year though, not some multi year deal. And all those things the fish have or are “about to have” the Bills already have in place 

I realize that, but the point is, Dolphins could be a long term home if he excels there or could attract another team with a multi year deal if he excels there.  So having a stronger shot at being the lead back on an offense that has some juice too could have a better effect on his potential suitors this offseason.  

In Buffalo, his odds of being the lead back are lower (but also not impossible if he's more productive than Devin has been), so his potential touches this year could be a lot less than Miami.  Not saying he wouldn't sign with Buffalo, just saying that Miami likely offers an offense that can score with the potential of him leading the backfield within a few weeks.  

Again, I am talking touches and opportunities to make plays.  Miami on the surface potentially offers him a bigger role.  Buffalo has a ton of receiving weapons, Allens ability to run, and Devin to compete with here in terms of opportunities.  

But, if he wants a balance of an opportunity to win now and having a solid role, Buffalo makes more sense.  Just comes down to what he will prioritize for himself in terms of winning now and future earnings.  If winning now is all that matters, KC likely the lead choice.   Balance, then its Buffalo.  Future earnings and bigger role, its Miami.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

We don't know if Moss and Yeldon are worse than Bell--they've hardly played, whereas Bell was "utilized" a LOT last year. Moss is hurt and McD just doesn't play Yeldon last year.  He gets in Tuesday and is productive.

I just don't know how he will do better behind this O-line than he did last year with the Jets.  This is an O-line that looks worse supporting the run than last year, so the answer is bringing in 7th year RC who struggles behind poor run blocking O-lines (and who has had a single 16 games season--7 years ago--in his career)?  Doesn't seem to make much sense.  

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Who doesn't know he's better than TJ Yeldon?

:lol:

🤣

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

If everyone loved him on the Steelers, why aren't they in the running to get him back on the cheap?

Lay low for a bit then you can claim either the Bills made a horrible signing or your Pats made a great one.  Getting involved too early can define the narrative.  Why put yourself behind the eight ball?

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

And yet you posted it here. Why not debate the person with that contention rather than nobody?

huh?

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lay low for a bit then you can claim either the Bills made a horrible signing or your Pats made a great one.  Getting involved too early can define the narrative.  Why put yourself behind the eight ball?

your obsession doesn't harm you?

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If we don’t know if Bell is better than TJ Yeldon why would McBeane be interested?  

They are trying to toss something at the run game problem.  Why did they sign K Benjamoin?  It was their way of addressing the WR problem at the time.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

huh?

your obsession doesn't harm you?

They are trying to toss something at the run game problem.  Why did they sign K Benjamoin?  It was their way of addressing the WR problem at the time.

Bell is better than Yeldon.  They want bell because he might be better suited for what they want than Singletary and moss too.  

Trading for Benjamin got them did exactly what they wanted.  A playoff birth.  He was better than deonte, Holmes, broken Matthews and Kaelin Clay.   

Edited by NewEra

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bell is better than Yeldon.  They want bell because he might be better suited for what they want than Singletary and moss too.  

Trading for Benjamin got them did exactly what they wanted.  A playoff birth.  He was better than deonte, Holmes, broken Matthews and Kaelin Clay.   

no he didn't.  He played in 6 games of that playoff season and they went 3-3 in the games he played.  His contribution was 16 catches in 6 games, 1 TD. 

He stunk so bad the next season, they dumped him with 4 games to go.

But the point isn't whether Bell is better, are the Bills a better Offense with a guy who struggled running  behind a weak blocking O-line.  If they already lunging at a retread like Bell over the 2 guys they just drafted 2 years in a row, what's going on?

Edited by Mr. WEO

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

no he didn't.  He played in 6 games of that playoff season and they went 3-3 in the games he played.  His contribution was 16 catches in 6 games, 1 TD. 

He stunk so bad the next season, they dumped him with 4 games to go.

But the point isn't whether Bell is better, are the Bills a better Offense with a guy who struggled running  behind a weak blocking O-line.  If they already lunging at a retread like Bell over the 2 guys they just drafted 2 years in a row, what's going on?

the next season he stunk so bad.  The first season he was better than all of the guys I mentioned.  He was......you’re blinded by how bad Benjamin that you’re not looking at the guys he replaced.  He Was better than them.  We DID make the playoffs.  He wasn’t great, but he helped accomplish what they set out to do.  Make the playoffs.  

Did we over pay? Yeah.  That’s not the issue at hand.  He DID help them make the playoffs.  

With regards to your last question....,you tell me what’s going on?  The bills are considered one of the best teams in the league, the QB they drafted is a star, the one worst ever WR unit is now one of the best.  We are MUUUUUUUCH better now than we have been in the last 2 decades.  You ask “what’s going on?” because we’re looking to add a former all world 28 year old RB to get some snaps over 2 third rd picks.....insinuating what? That Beane sucks at drafting and making trades? 

Bill Belichick traded a 2nd Rd pick for Sanu.  He must suck

Bill Belichick traded Traded a 3rd rd pick for Duane starks.  He must suck

Bill Belichick traded a 3rd and a 5th for Derrick burgess.  He must suck

Bill Belichick traded A 5th rd pick for Albert hanynesworth.  He must suck

Bill Belichick traded A 2nd and a 3rd for Chad jackson.  He must suck.  

Bill Belichick traded chandler jones for a 2nd and Jonathon Cooper.  He must suck

We won’t go into all the terrible 1-3rd picks he’s made.  It’s just assumed that he sucks.

Bill Belichick drafted Michel and Harris back to back years.....he’s trying to sign leveon bell.  What’s that say about him?  He obv sucks

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

the next season he stunk so bad.  The first season he was better than all of the guys I mentioned.  He was......you’re blinded by how bad Benjamin that you’re not looking at the guys he replaced.  He Was better than them.  We DID make the playoffs.  He wasn’t great, but he helped accomplish what they set out to do.  Make the playoffs.  

Did we over pay? Yeah.  That’s not the issue at hand.  He DID help them make the playoffs.  

With regards to your last question....,you tell me what’s going on?  The bills are considered one of the best teams in the league, the QB they drafted is a star, the one worst ever WR unit is now one of the best.  We are MUUUUUUUCH better now than we have been in the last 2 decades.  You ask “what’s going on?” because we’re looking to add a former all world 28 year old RB to get some snaps over 2 third rd picks.....insinuating what? That Beane sucks at drafting and making trades? 

Bill Belichick traded a 2nd Rd pick for Sanu.  He must suck

Bill Belichick traded Traded a 3rd rd pick for Duane starks.  He must suck

Bill Belichick traded a 3rd and a 5th for Derrick burgess.  He must suck

Bill Belichick traded A 5th rd pick for Albert hanynesworth.  He must suck

Bill Belichick traded A 2nd and a 3rd for Chad jackson.  He must suck.  

Bill Belichick traded chandler jones for a 2nd and Jonathon Cooper.  He must suck

We won’t go into all the terrible 1-3rd picks he’s made.  It’s just assumed that he sucks.

Bill Belichick drafted Michel and Harris back to back years.....he’s trying to sign leveon bell.  What’s that say about him?  He obv sucks

The "first season" he caught 16 passes in 6 games, half of which they lost.  Jordan Matthews was more useful.

They went the playoffs (1 catch). He was on the roster.  I'll give you that.

The bolded stuff is all non apropos of nothing  (sorry you went through all that trouble).  I'm not saying McBeane "sucks"--far from it, they have turned the Offense around.  I'm wondering why they are looking beyond two young backs--one of who was doing pretty well land the other missed games for injury, to bring in a guy who suffered behind another bad O-line.  No need to lose your mind.

Fix the O-line instead of bringing another use RB to struggle behind it.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The "first season" he caught 16 passes in 6 games, half of which they lost.  Jordan Matthews was more useful.

They went the playoffs (1 catch). He was on the roster.  I'll give you that.

The bolded stuff is all non apropos of nothing  (sorry you went through all that trouble).  I'm not saying McBeane "sucks"--far from it, they have turned the Offense around.  I'm wondering why they are looking beyond two young backs--one of who was doing pretty well land the other missed games for injury, to bring in a guy who suffered behind another bad O-line.  No need to lose your mind.

Fix the O-line instead of bringing another use RB to struggle behind it.

How do you propose we “Fix the OL”?  I feel he’s just waiting for Feliciano and will roll with that.  The OL has been outstanding pass blocking, fixing it would probably have to do with technique, scheme and current players being coached up.  Adding a new player to the mix could mess up what’s currently amazing (pass pro) and will likely cost us a 2nd or 3rd rd pick (we don’t have a 4th iirc).  Giving up a 5th-7th likely won’t yield us a player worth messing with at this point. 

bell costs next to nothing, is an upgrade over at least 2 of our current backs, has always been a solid goal line back that is good in pass pro and the pass game and could yield a comp pick.  It’s a no brainer imo.  

Yeldon or Bell.  I’ll take Bell.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How do you propose we “Fix the OL”?  I feel he’s just waiting for Feliciano and will roll with that.  The OL has been outstanding pass blocking, fixing it would probably have to do with technique, scheme and current players being coached up.  Adding a new player to the mix could mess up what’s currently amazing (pass pro) and will likely cost us a 2nd or 3rd rd pick (we don’t have a 4th iirc).  Giving up a 5th-7th likely won’t yield us a player worth messing with at this point. 

bell costs next to nothing, is an upgrade over at least 2 of our current backs, has always been a solid goal line back that is good in pass pro and the pass game and could yield a comp pick.  It’s a no brainer imo.  

Yeldon or Bell.  I’ll take Bell.  

why not just stand pat and wait fir Feliciano.  What big problem does Bell solve?

It's not our money - I don't care if the Pegulas spend it or if they overpay for a 1 year rental.  If there isn't DL readily available to step in which would need that cash, however they want to spend their money to improve the team this season is fine by me.  You can't say with a straight face that replacing Taiwan Jones with Bell would make our team worse.  

Edited by DasNootz

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

bell hasnt done ***** in 3 years

It's less about what he has and hasn't done than what his talent is. In game one vs. the Bills, he was the best back on the field before getting hurt on a play that would have been a td if not for the interference by Klein. I don't think people realize how impossible the situation is in Jets land right now.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

I think it depends on what he costs.  It's quite possible that the biggest problem signing him solves is not having to play against him with the Patriots twice this year.

Bills don’t need Bell to beat NE this year

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Ask Beane and McD.  They wanted him.  

That’s not how it works here.

When in his career did Bell make his big yards behind a sub par line?

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills don’t need Bell to beat NE this year

That’s not how it works here.

When in his career did Bell make his big yards behind a sub par line?

When in his career has he been ran behind a sub par line with a dominant pass game?  They are two different things.  Catching the ball out of the backfield and being a goalline back are two other aspects.  

Our FO wanted him.  That’s really the only thing that matters with regards to how he fits in with our team. Whether or not he could’ve been good, we have no idea.  I think he’d certainly be better than Moss and Yeldon. We’ll never know

• Like (+1) 1