Pats-Broncos moved to Sunday 10/18

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

We will need to play Monday afternoon.  Triple header.

Hey it’s Columbus Day... SOME people are off (like me)

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

🤔 what does this mean for us potentially 🤔

Tuesday most likely .... or postponed indefinitely 

Edited by YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I feel like the Titans/Bills game has already warranted such a move....whats the hold up? Owners?

Waiting to see if they can play this weekend at all or postpone until later in the season.

42 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

🤔 what does this mean for us potentially 🤔

Well, it might mean that the NFL has had an injection of sanity about player safety, and will not consider forcing a team to play without at least 2 practices.

NE opens facility Saturday, practices Sat/Sun, travels and plays Mon.

If the Titans are told to practice Saturday and play Sunday after being off almost 2 weeks, they have a very legit gripe, no matter what scum they've been

AND if there's already a double-header Monday....doubt we play Monday so...Tuesday, and play KC next Sunday or next Monday?

Still all speculation ...*sigh*

30 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

NFL doing everything they can to increase the chances of Cam playing...  

that might be a desirable side-effect, but the main driver really should be giving the Pats 2 practices before they play

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

NFL doing everything they can to increase the chances of Cam playing...  

its disgusting because its true.  they wouldnt do this for Allen or anyone else.  Youd think with the constant finger pointing of favortism, the league would go out of their way to make a judgment call against them.... but they just keep powdering their nuts at krafts beck and call

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

its disgusting because its true.  they wouldnt do this for Allen or anyone else.  Youd think with the constant finger pointing of favortism, the league would go out of their way to make a judgment call against them.... but they just keep powdering their nuts at krafts beck and call

That really did make me laugh out loud.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

This is getting out of hand quickly. While I had never wanted a break, it may be time. 

This is just the beginning. This entire season is going to be a week by week whackado job.

I was confident they would start. I was skeptical about how or IF it would finish. Nothing has changed. 

Strangest year of MY life, for sure. In so many ways........

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd love to hear the reasoning why the Patriots were moved to Monday and not the Bills game as well. If anything Titans are off a bye as well.

I at this point don't care if the Bills play at 1pm on Monday.  

It has to be partly about TV revenue.

Edited by boco357

On 10/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, TroutDog said:

This is getting out of hand quickly. While I had never wanted a break, it may be time. 

I’m getting the sense that this is all a very clever ploy by the NFL to take over TV ratings 7 days a week. They will CRUSH the competition!  

Roger is earning that GIANT paycheck under the camouflage of Covid!   :)

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, boco357 said:

I'd love to hear the reasoning why the Patriots were moved to Monday and not the Bills game as well. If anything Titans are off a bye as well.

I at this point don't care if the Bills play at 1pm on Monday.  

It has to be partly about TV revenue.

Decision to move P*ts game was made before they had to make decision on Bills game.

On why the P*ts game was moved the only reasonable reason I have heard is because ratings go up when P*ts asses are being kicked.  Have heard they were doing to give Cam chance to complain but if they did that there would be a lot of complaints from NFL teams.

Why in the last 2 weeks have the Patriots had 1....1 single player test positive and the games have been flexed to Monday prime time games?!

You would think if only 1 player tests positive. The rest of the team gets tested throughout the week. If no other positives.... the game is played as usual, only one player is out.

The price you pay is a day of practice.  Would this happen if it was a PS player? Give the team a prime time game cause a player who wasn’t gonna play anyways tested positive?

Someone explain this bull#### to me... 

The Falcons have a player test positive on a Friday test (results Saturday) and the team played because there were no other issues. All well and good. 

Stephon Gilmore tests positive on Tuesday (results on Wednesday) and they postpone the game and allow the Pats************** to get their star QB back?... What exactly is going on here? 

2 minutes ago, scribo said:

So, somehow, the NFL still thinks it can get the Broncos-Pats* game in tomorrow night.

Translation.  Point of care tests popped positive(s).  Rushing samples into PCR testing.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, scribo said:

So, somehow, the NFL still thinks it can get the Broncos-Pats* game in tomorrow night.

Don’t see why not.. 3 cases spread over 10 days doesn’t seem like a massive issue as long as they have some level of certainty that it’s not going to keep spreading.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Don’t see why not.. 3 cases spread over 10 days doesn’t seem like a massive issue as long as they have some level of certainty that it’s not going to keep spreading.

Let's start with the NFL's rule that a team facility cannot be open to its team until there are two consecutive days with no new positives. So the team cannot practice because it may spread the virus among themselves, but now the NFL is planning to let another team that is flying from across the country to play in that facility.

8 minutes ago, scribo said:

I assume the test was an “expected” Positive - close contact of Gilmore and/or Cam

1 minute ago, scribo said:

Let's start with the NFL's rule that a team facility cannot be open to its team until there are two consecutive days with no new positives. So the team cannot practice because it may spread the virus among themselves, but now the NFL is planning to let another team that is flying from across the country to play in that facility.

They won’t close Gillette stadium - broncos won’t be going to their practice facility. Biggest issue is pats had a walkthrough yesterday and that’s it. If they can’t re-open today they will have had no real practice 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I assume the test was an “expected” Positive - close contact of Gilmore and/or Cam

Then the NFL should have all of those close contacts on the COVID-exempt list and should not allow them in the stadium tomorrow. I believe that's about 20 players, based on who was in that second plane last week. Sound about right?

7 minutes ago, scribo said:

Is that a newer rule? The Falcons had a player test positive on Friday and played Sunday with no ill effects.