Tre White back injury

YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t get it... he goes from not being on the injury report to not practicing for 3 straight weeks days.  No word on any injury. 

FIFY

What's not to get?  Players sometimes develop injuries that aren't immediately apparent during the game or even the next day.  They're all sore as hell after the game and sometimes in pain, this is considered normal

It's not until the pain would normally subside but doesn't, or until it worsens the following day, that an injury sometimes becomes apparent.

The team is not required to report those injuries until it practices and McDermott appears to be a firm believer in the "loose lips sink ships" philosophy of injury reporting.

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nothing a little Silvadene wouldn't cure...

Rub some dirt on it!

• Like (+1) 4

Man. It would suck to be down White AND Wallace. I was happy with what Norman did on Sunday, but I sure don't want him as our CB1.

Let's hope these extra days before the game allow him to get healthy.

Just a walk through today so no media will be there. Mcd hasn’t talked since Wednesday, usually does on Fridays before Sunday games so it might not be until tomorrow that we know anything about Tre situation. We will get an injury report, though, and per Chris Brown it will have the normal Friday game designations. 

It sounds like some of us are overlooking the Titans. I sure hope the Bills aren't making that mistake! We will be handed our heads if we do, especially with all the injuries piling up. Some of you are talking like this somehow is not a 3-0 team that just made a deep playoff run. This will be our toughest test to date. We need to start putting teams away in the 2nd half instead of letting them back in the game. We'll need our run game as well as our passing game working as well as containing the reigning leading rusher from 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

It sounds like some of us are overlooking the Titans. I sure hope the Bills aren't making that mistake! We will be handed our heads if we do, especially with all the injuries piling up. Some of you are talking like this somehow is not a 3-0 team that just made a deep playoff run. This will be our toughest test to date. We need to start putting teams away in the 2nd half instead of letting them back in the game. We'll need our run game as well as our passing game working as well as containing the reigning leading rusher from 2019.

They have beaten three bad teams, and they were losing to Jacksonville and Minnesota in the second half, so there’s that.

Plus the fact that they haven’t had a formal practice in 12 days, and don’t know how many of their players will miss the game.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

The Titans are very well coached.  So are the Bills, but no one should ever look past a well coached team. 

It's becoming more and more likely it's not an injury at all. Hopefully we get some answers from McD tomorrow. 

If tre is that concerned about COVID he should have just sat out the season instead of playing these games. He's not the only one in the league with young children. 

Even if he's not going to play, guy is just a no show at practice all week? Every other injured player was at least with the team. And we have 0 reason to believe he's hurt so bad that he can't even stand around during practice. 

If it is what it smells like it's a bunch of bs to be honest. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

The Titans are very well coached.  So are the Bills, but no one should ever look past a well coached team. 

Really? Coaching goes beyond X's and O's. If they truly were "well coached" we'd be playing them Sunday under normal conditions and getting ready for a battle of undefeated teams against KC on Primetime TNF. Instead teams like the Bills are getting screwed schedule wise while the NFL continues to accommodate the embarrassment that is the Titans for not following protocol. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Process said:

It's becoming more and more likely it's not an injury at all. Hopefully we get some answers from McD tomorrow. 

If tre is that concerned about COVID he should have just sat out the season instead of playing these games. He's not the only one in the league with young children. 

Even if he's not going to play, guy is just a no show at practice all week? Every other injured player was at least with the team. And we have 0 reason to believe he's hurt so bad that he can't even stand around during practice. 

If it is what it smells like it's a bunch of bs to be honest. 

Please stop.   What smells like a bunch of BS is all this groundless speculation.

Present your evidence that makes it "more and more likely it's not an injury at all",  or just quit with the conspiracy theories.

Sometimes players do have injuries where they maximize their chances of healing by doing other things than stretching or riding a bike on the sideline.

You have 0 reason to believe that he doesn't have an injury that is best treated by some other activity during that time - hyperbaric chamber, float tank, cryo, even seeking a 2nd opinion or getting an MRI.  The rehab facilities are harder to schedule now too since occupancy is limited and they have to be decontaminated between users.

Usually we hear about such injuries, but McDermott is definitely of the "loose lips sink ships" school.

25 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He didn't practice again today.  I'm betting he's out Tuesday

He was listed as "questionable" and not "out" so we'll see tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please stop.   What smells like a bunch of BS is all this groundless speculation.

Present your evidence that makes it "more and more likely it's not an injury at all",  or just quit with the conspiracy theories.

Sometimes players do have injuries where they maximize their chances of healing by doing other things than stretching or riding a bike on the sideline.

You have 0 reason to believe that he doesn't have an injury that is best treated by some other activity during that time - hyperbaric chamber, float tank, cryo, even seeking a 2nd opinion or getting an MRI.  The rehab facilities are harder to schedule now too since occupancy is limited and they have to be decontaminated between users.

Usually we hear about such injuries, but McDermott is definitely of the "loose lips sink ships" school.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

Is it that crazy to think that maybe Tre doesnt feel safe playing the Titans? He was on the fence about playing this season to begin with.

He's on the injury report for a back injury. If the Bills have falsified that, they face investigation and discipline from the league. Let's hope everything is legitimate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's on the injury report for a back injury. If the Bills have falsified that, they face investigation and discipline from the league. Let's hope everything is legitimate.

Yeah I think they could have said “personal” and avoided any questions..  well they could have gotten questions but didn’t need to answer them ... but they didn’t 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

No worries on the overlooking thing, Sean and the coaches  will be in every plays ear making them fully aware what’s at stake,  that and it is a fan thing to be concerned with, all the players know damn well they can’t take any team lightly. It will be a hard fought win for Buffalo. 

Go Bills!!!

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Questionable is honestly always a good sign

Doubtful is when they're definitely not going to play usually

36 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Really? Coaching goes beyond X's and O's. If they truly were "well coached" we'd be playing them Sunday under normal conditions and getting ready for a battle of undefeated teams against KC on Primetime TNF. Instead teams like the Bills are getting screwed schedule wise while the NFL continues to accommodate the embarrassment that is the Titans for not following protocol. 

Of course, because none of us could think of any HOF coaches that bent or broke the rules to get an advantage.  

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Of course, because none of us could think of any HOF coaches that bent or broke the rules to get an advantage.  

Vrabel is overrated, in my opinion. The Titans are a tough team, but they are pretty basic and predictable as far as schemes go. And Vrabel makes questionable in-game decisions. I see the NFL passing him by in a few years.

The Titans are not some juggernaut. They've gone 9-7 for years and play in a weak division. They had a nice run in the playoffs last year and good for them. But they play a dangerous style of football, barely beating opponents. They do not have an explosive offense.

They are a good, physical team that you have to be ready for, but that's it. Nobody should fear the Titans.

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

Vrabel is overrated, in my opinion. The Titans are a tough team, but they are pretty basic and predictable as far as schemes go. And Vrabel makes questionable in-game decisions. I see the NFL passing him by in a few years.

The Titans are not some juggernaut. They've gone 9-7 for years and play in a weak division. They had a nice run in the playoffs last year and good for them. But they play a dangerous style of football, barely beating opponents. They do not have an explosive offense.

They are a good, physical team that you have to be ready for, but that's it. Nobody should fear the Titans.

While I agree with this in general, I fear the Bengals or the Jags if they are the next team up. I’m working on that, but progress is slow. :)

EDIT: As I look back at that, it wasn’t THAT long ago that the Bills could have been inserted for the Bengals or Jags. The current situation is frustrating, but this is temporary and the future is bright! The arrow is pointing in the right direction for a change!

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

While I agree with this in general, I fear the Bengals or the Jags if they are the next team up. I’m working on that, but progress is slow. :)

EDIT: As I look back at that, it wasn’t THAT long ago that the Bills could have been inserted for the Bengals or Jags. The current situation is frustrating, but this is temporary and the future is bright! The arrow is pointing in the right direction for a change!

I don't really fear any team. There's a few teams out there I would not be surprised if the Bills lost to. Chiefs are one of those. And there are some teams I fully expect to win against (Jets, for example) but I just watch the games and enjoy it when the Bills play well and get over it when they don't.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, I had mistakenly thought "doubtful" as a designation was gone along with "probable"

I'm told it's still in use.

I don't think you see probable much anymore , if any

Doubtful is still in use and is basically highly unlikely to play

Most questionable players play

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think you see probable much anymore , if any

Doubtful is still in use and is basically highly unlikely to play

Most questionable players play

That said, if it's a game time decision I'd rather see Tre more healthy for the Chiefs. 

We'll hurt without him

We really really need him for KC

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Dude! Apples and Oranges. What "some" coaches and players have done in the past only jeopardized their organization and integrity. They only cheated one team at a time, the one they were playing. What the Titans have done could very well have a negative ripple effect through out the entire NFL putting every teams season in jeopardy. Even if the season is salvaged it will be at a great inconvenience to other franchises like ours that have done nothing wrong. How does that compare to taping practices and deflating footballs?

20 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Dude! Apples and Oranges. What "some" coaches and players have done in the past only jeopardized their organization and integrity. They only cheated one team at a time, the one they were playing. What the Titans have done could very well have a negative ripple effect through out the entire NFL putting every teams season in jeopardy. Even if the season is salvaged it will be at a great inconvenience to other franchises like ours that have done nothing wrong. How does that compare to taping practices and deflating footballs?

That's sarcasm, Right?

On 10/9/2020 at 5:28 PM, JohnNord said:

I don’t get it... he goes from not being on the injury report to not practicing for 3 straight weeks.  No word on any injury. 

Could just be tightness or spasms.  Likely nothing big.  If you have back injury for real you are out.  :)

19 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Could just be tightness or spasms.  Likely nothing big.  If you have back injury for real you are out.  :)

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking.  The questionable designation is pretty good indication we aren’t looking at a serious injury...at least not yet

2 hours ago, MJS said:

But should we Remember The Titans?? That is the real question...

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

But should we Remember The Titans?? That is the real question...

After Tuesday, I sincerely hope to not think about them again until draft day 2021.

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

After Tuesday, I sincerely hope to not think about them again until draft day 2021.

You make sure they remember, FOREVER...the night they played the Titans!!

Edited by matter2003

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly, and they will always have an asterisks on their record. The same people running that organization have been caught cheating repeatedly,  everyone league wide knows they cheat constantly. 

“Anyone who cheats at their life’s work is both dishonorable and untrustworthy”.