Tre White back injury

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Because I just saw what the Rams did to us not too long ago and I am not convinced containing Jacobs and the Raiders who I believe were down 2 starters on the oline means we figured it out.  Plus we had Milano and Tre back.  

I hope the D line figured things out like some think they did based on positional adjustments of guys they thought were better in the 1 vs 3 technique and it showed in the 4th quarter.  But being down Milano we've seen what that means to this Defense. 

I think we all have to forget last year.  The defense didn't get the Titans from December with Tannehill.  Goff and Carr might have been the 2 best QBs its seen going back to last year vs Dak Wentz and Lamar.  We did not see much great let alone elite QB play or offenses last year.  Our Ds best performance was probably the first half vs the Texans.

But it doesn't have to be a top 3 defense for us to win and that we thought it was coming into the season.  I think we have plenty of evidence with our Front 7 that it won't be.  But again that's fine.  Just be a top 10 defense.  I think it's at least that---when healthy.  

I think they figured on a personnel grouping in the second half of the Raider's game.  They had Jefferson and Oliver on the field at the same time, and neither is really a "1" type DT.  They started pairing Phillips and Oliver, and Jefferson and Butler, and they did a lot better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

So does anyone know his status?  Still TBD?

"Questionable".  Which is better than "Out" or "Doubtful"

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He hasn’t practiced since he was added for the back. 

Did he actually leave the last game with it?? I missed how this one cropped up. 

No, he didn't miss a snap - 100% of defensive snaps.  But high adrenaline can keep someone moving through injury and then when they stop and swelling occurs it becomes apparent.  It seems like we regularly see guys show up on injury report who didn't miss a snap during the game.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think they figured on a personnel grouping in the second half of the Raider's game.  They had Jefferson and Oliver on the field at the same time, and neither is really a "1" type DT.  They started pairing Phillips and Oliver, and Jefferson and Butler, and they did a lot better.

That's the hope, but nonetheless Milano is a big loss for us.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Questionable".  Which is better than "Out" or "Doubtful"

No, he didn't miss a snap - 100% of defensive snaps.  But high adrenaline can keep someone moving through injury and then when they stop and swelling occurs it becomes apparent.  It seems like we regularly see guys show up on injury report who didn't miss a snap during the game.

That's the hope, but nonetheless Milano is a big loss for us.

Yep, don't like Milano out.  But I am interested in what this Phillips kid might bring if he gets in.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's kind of the dark horse, isn't he?

Not anymore - he was just placed on IR and we signed Lacy from the PS. Disappointing for sure, he seemed to be trending in the right direction, must have reaggravated something. 

16 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Not anymore - he was just placed on IR and we signed Lacy from the PS. Disappointing for sure, he seemed to be trending in the right direction, must have reaggravated something. 

Oh CRAP I see you're right

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-promote-deon-lacey-to-53-man-roster-phillips-placed-on-injured-reserve

So Lacey hasn't played a defensive snap for us yet this season.  He's played in 2 games and taken 34 snaps, all on ST.  He's a vet- 30 years old - though he only has 4 years in the league (two stints of 3 seasons and 1 season in the CFL, and 2 NFL seasons as a practice squad member only. 

I think the assessment may be right that we need to play 4-3-4 instead of 4-2-5 against Tennessee.  But I see us as kind of down to two capable LB: Edmunds and Dodson.  Who is #3?  Choices on the roster are: Klein, Matakavitch, and Lacey.  We've also got Andre Smith on the practice squad.

I kind of hope Beane is burning up the phone lines because that surely is a motley crew.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He hasn’t practiced since he was added for the back. 

Did he actually leave the last game with it?? I missed how this one cropped up. 

No, he played 100% of snaps vs raiders 

listed as questionable for tomorrow 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I guess I get to see Lacy instead of Phillips

Unsure?  He hasn't played a non-ST snap yet this season.  When he was here before, overwhelmingly his snaps were all ST.

Really makes me wonder what is the plan.  My best guess would be we're planning to cut down Dodson and Edmunds ST snaps and backfill with Matakevich and Lacey on ST.

And if we go 4-3 I think we'll be seeing AJ Klein (cue Jaws music).  Beane, Please get on the phone here guy.

As much as I love how they are building a quality roster, this shows us how vulnerable we are if we lose just a couple critical players. Hopefully they will be able to build some depth before next season and we can patch something reasonable together for this week and the rest of this year.

Oh, and get lucky! Don’t forget getting lucky! 

The Fellas boarded the plane for Tennessee a short while back, I have not heard otherwise so I’m thinking Tre is on the plane, to me that gives the impression he is likely playing, has anyone heard something different concerning this?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/11/2020 at 1:15 AM, MJS said:

Vrabel is overrated, in my opinion. The Titans are a tough team, but they are pretty basic and predictable as far as schemes go. And Vrabel makes questionable in-game decisions. I see the NFL passing him by in a few years.

The Titans are not some juggernaut. They've gone 9-7 for years and play in a weak division. They had a nice run in the playoffs last year and good for them. But they play a dangerous style of football, barely beating opponents. They do not have an explosive offense.

They are a good, physical team that you have to be ready for, but that's it. Nobody should fear the Titans.

The same could be said of us too  from the recent past.

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unsure?  He hasn't played a non-ST snap yet this season.  When he was here before, overwhelmingly his snaps were all ST.

Really makes me wonder what is the plan.  My best guess would be we're planning to cut down Dodson and Edmunds ST snaps and backfill with Matakevich and Lacey on ST.

And if we go 4-3 I think we'll be seeing AJ Klein (cue Jaws music).  Beane, Please get on the phone here guy.

If we go 4-3, I wonder (hope) if we'll see more of Matakevich on the middle to stop the run and push Dodson and Edmunds to the edges where they can cover TEs and help keep Henry contained?

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Last year we 'contained' Henry to 78 yds.  His average last year was 102 ypg.

First 3 games, his average per game is 106 yds, with a high of 119 and a low of 84.

Why does everyone keep bringing up this 150 yds figure?  Henry can produce that - he did so 4 times last season - 3 were against bottom-of-the-league run Ds

I'd just like to read a bit of assessment as to why one thinks that'll go down.

Keep Henry to 100 or less, and keep Tannyhill at or below his average (270), and we win. Just don't let either go off.

8 minutes ago, CSBill said:

If we go 4-3, I wonder (hope) if we'll see more of Matakevich on the middle to stop the run and push Dodson and Edmunds to the edges where they can cover TEs and help keep Henry contained?

I think the chance the Bills move a healthy Edmunds out of the middle is nil.  He’s their ride-or-die

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the chance the Bills move a healthy Edmunds out of the middle is nil.  He’s their ride-or-die

I wish I could disagree with you, but I can't. I'm confident you're correct, but we can always hope.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's on Twitter by a bunch of folks

for a few examples

Those look like rando twitter accounts. She would have had to search his mentions to find them, I assume,  unless she’s actually following these people. Just odd all around. Maybe she follows the cover 1 contributor. But even so weird to tweet about it as if it’s a prevailing thought out there based just on that. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I will guess that it’s something like a lumbar strain—that would make it really difficult to know whether or not he can go on any given day. They can happen on any given play, but not really present with pain because the athlete is warm and loose...next day? Bam! The lower back locks up and you can’t move (and just for TMI your butt and crotch hurt like a bee-hatch as well).

Therapy can help a lot for immediate relief, but until the muscle belly heals it’s tough to say how you’re going to feel any given day.

It wouldn’t bother me at all if the team is thinking that they’ll need him more vs the likes of KC and Seattle than Tennessee, and is therefore trying to give him as much rest as possible.

All speculative on my part, but just a bit of insight as to what could be happening from a dude with a long history of back injuries.

Edited by thebandit27

50 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I will guess that it’s something like a lumbar strain—that would make it really difficult to know whether or not he can go on any given day. They can happen on any given play, but not really present with pain because the athlete is warm and loose...next day? Bam! The lower back locks up and you can’t move (and just for TMI your butt and crotch hurt like a bee-hatch as well).

Therapy can help a lot for immediate relief, but until the muscle belly heals it’s tough to say how you’re going to feel any given day.

It wouldn’t bother me at all if the team is thinking that they’ll need him more vs the likes of KC and Seattle than Tennessee, and is therefore trying to give him as much rest as possible.

All speculative on my part, but just a bit of insight as to what could be happening from a dude with a long history of back injuries.

I was thinking the same thing.  Tennessee is a little iffy at WR with Humphries and Davis on Covid list.  Give White extra rest time for KC.  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Those look like rando twitter accounts. She would have had to search his mentions to find them, I assume,  unless she’s actually following these people. Just odd all around. Maybe she follows the cover 1 contributor. But even so weird to tweet about it as if it’s a prevailing thought out there based just on that. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Tre's agent has someone monitor his mentions on SM.  I think managing the athlete's image is part of the contract a lot of these guys have.

Or she might search - that's what I did to find the rando's I quoted.  Or she might lurk on TBD for all we know, we've had players and player relatives post here before.  Only one coach or coach's relative (that I know of) heh heh.

I don't think she believes it's a "prevailing thought", at least I hope not.

51 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I agree way more important to have Tre 100% for KC and Seattle.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Prob should just forfeit 

Do you think the NFL will allow us to play with 12 defenders on the field since we have nobody that can stay with Hill?

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Better for injuries that way and we don’t need to be tipping hands before the AFC Championship game anyway, I say we do it.

Probably should ask the NFL HQ if we can prohibit other teams from watching film on us so we don't tip our hand any week.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think the NFL will allow us to play with 12 defenders on the field since we have nobody that can stay with Hill?

Probably should ask the NFL HQ if we can prohibit other teams from watching film on us so we don't tip our hand any week.

Both seem totally reasonable.  

Thinking about it more, maybe we can pull off a trade to get Gilmore back, he wants to play for a winner, and then he can point at Hill as he runs by him and act like it’s the safeties fault.

• Haha (+1) 1

Dawkins looks good out there 😂, super Smoooooth, actually looked like he has hands though!

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

no one can on the Raiders either. Good thing they are playing the whole team 

I’m quickly realizing, almost nobody on this board has a sense of humor, at all..

Edited by DCofNC