Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He said Beane has been on all of those calls and keeping him posted. He is focusing on coaching. 

That is fine, and definitely the right move in managing the team. I was more speaking from a league/scheduling perspective. Are the Bills comfortable going into TEN given their last week or two and positive tests? 

If they are not, postpone the game to week 18 if you can make it work. If not it doesn't get played. 

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Their protocols are failing due to the fact players who are testing negative the day before a game are positive when playing said game. NFL games are played generally 7 days apart, incubation period of the virus can be up to 14 days (or so experts say). The testing protocols were never going to work because they fail basic math...

Failing at basic math will be a key long term takeaway from the last 10 months quite frankly 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Possibly. But we would also need to know if there were extended family members who came down with it from community spread first, as opposed to this being a players-only phenomenon, before drawing that conclusion more definitely?

I definitely should not have used the word definitely in that post

But I do believe its a valid talking point especially with the nfls new protocols coming out which again making an assumption, the findings that tracers have discovered with the titans played a part in these new protocols

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Nothing like a bit of COVID to get Chris Brown riled up.

I don’t listen... is he fired up in a “this is all a hoax!” sense, or fired up in “I can’t believe the players aren’t all wearing N95 masks and face shields at all times!!!!” sense?

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t listen... is he fired up in a “this is all a hoax!” sense, or fired up in “I can’t believe the players aren’t all wearing N95 masks and face shields at all times!!!!” sense?

He is fired up about teams that don’t follow protocol 

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Fired up about players and coaches doing dumb things and putting the season in jeopardy. Like the Raiders breaking protocol and all going to the charity event.

Edited by MJS

IIRC during workouts before TC, all the players were wearing face coverings during drills - wonder if that might start being a thing even during games

So now the Titans can't open up practice to, at best, Saturday, the day before the game.

Would the NFL actually make them  play a game 24 hours later, assuming they can open on Saturday!?

Not sure how this game can be played on Sunday.

Could it be flexed to Monday?  And still allow the Bills to play on Thursday night against the Chiefs on 1 day prep time after a day of rest? 

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

I keep my same stance, I don’t want to play the covid Titans this week. Let them play the game week 18. I don’t want to jeopardize our healthy team with team covid. The league needs to build a buffer week now based on the slow but sure increase in covid cases. 

28 minutes ago, Mango said:

That is fine, and definitely the right move in managing the team. I was more speaking from a league/scheduling perspective. Are the Bills comfortable going into TEN given their last week or two and positive tests? 

If they are not, postpone the game to week 18 if you can make it work. If not it doesn't get played. 

The one thing about a Week 18 make up game that had me upset was the Titans would not be penalized at all and it's actually an advantage.

I now think IF the game is moved to a later date they should not have the 12 players with Covid eligible to play the makeup!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

The one thing about a Week 18 make up game that had me upset was the Titans would not be penalized at all and it's actually an advantage.

I now think IF the game is moved to a later date they should not have the 12 players with Covid eligible to play the makeup!

I actually think it should be listed as optional. If it does not have any major playoff implications or draft seeding, I do not think it should be played.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't see the point in adding a punitive component to the re-schedule, as long as Tennessee seems to have followed the covid guidelines correctly.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

They'll likely get fined or have draft picks taken away or something.

I personally want the Bills to play every team at full strength. It's far more interesting that way.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So now the Titans can't open up practice to, at best, Saturday, the day before the game.

Would the NFL actually make them  play a game 24 hours later, assuming they can open on Saturday!?

Could it be flexed to Monday?  And still allow the Bills to play on Thursday night against the Chiefs on 1 day prep time after a day of rest? 

Seems they would.. League has come out and said the game is still on, as scheduled.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Good question but I'm sure Tennessee would prefer that to the league forcing them to forfeit.

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Good question but I'm sure Tennessee would prefer that to the league forcing them to forfeit.

I'm not so sure they would tbh. No prep of any kind would probably lead to some pretty serious injuries, and they'd already be trotting out a decimated defense

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

It seems to me there is a safety argument to be made (by Tennessee) regarding playing a game with 1 day prep after many days of inactivity. 

I would think the NFLPA would say something.

Maybe not.  

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Uh-Oh

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It seems to me there is a safety argument to be made (by Tennessee) regarding playing a game with 1 day prep after many days of inactivity. 

I would think the NFLPA would say something.

Maybe not.  

I guess in the other thread about Tenn. tests, someone provided the info that the NFL/NFLPA CBA specifies there must be at least 2 days of practice before a game.

It's unclear to me whether the day before the game can be counted as a practice, and whether they specify a rest day or two after a game.

If anyone knows, please give

Just now, ExWNYer said:

The whole league needs a break in the action and the season extended on the calendar before we start forcing teams to forfeit games IMO. Some teams by way of location are facing different obstacles and circumstances IMO. 

A one or two week break every 4 games (quarter)

I think it gives us a better chance of finishing the season with good results IMO

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Uh-Oh

I guess in the other thread about Tenn. tests, someone provided the info that the NFL/NFLPA CBA specifies there must be at least 2 days of practice before a game.

It's unclear to me whether the day before the game can be counted as a practice, and whether they specify a rest day or two after a game.

If anyone knows, please give

That makes sense to me; but if that's correct, we should already know the game cannot be played Sunday, but no one seems to be publishing that.

Maybe moved to Monday?  Would the Bills rest day (on Tuesday) count as a "practice day" (1 of 2 min. required) leading up to Thursday night and the Chiefs?