Current TBD Whipping Boy?

Since Star is not here this season, who is the current TBD whipping boy?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Deserved or not, who do you think is the current TBD whipping boy?

• Trent Murphy (always injured, costs too much)
    • Cody Ford (he's a bust, can't play tackle)
    • Dawson Knox (can't catch, his hair is too curly)
    • Cole Beasley (too short, no chemistry with Josh, too many drops)
    • Ed Oliver (he's a bust, no stats, did he even play?)
    • Other (please elaborate below)

12 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

Lee Smith - The mere fact that he's still on this roster, in any capacity, earns him the "Chris Kelsay WTF do you have on the coaching staff to still be here" award.

I have same opinion about you and what you have on moderators.  Both completely irrational but everyone has opinions. 

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Mr/Mrs Beasley, I meant no offense, and it's not personal. I'm sure Cole is a great kid who works hard.

PS I said he "kinda sucks", meaning sucks a bit. I already said it's fine that he's on the roster, I just think he offers limited upside. I'd prefer that we had a better player in his spot, but it isn't a priority now due to the addition of Diggs.  Last year his 106 targets (7 per game) were good for 23% of total targets. His 7 targets last sunday were good for 15% of targets, so let's pump the brakes on little bit on the 2020 stats through 1 game. 

Lol okay.

I provided stats that show he doesn’t “kinda sucks”.  For a guy that most of his routes are before the sticks, he converts 55% for 1st down.

Im comparing him to Edelman because he’s considered the best short yardage slot WR.  
Beasley has a better 1st down percentage, better catch percentage and the same amout of TD’s even though he was targeted A LOT less.

Let me guess....Edelman doesn’t “kinda suck” in your opinion?

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Mr/Mrs Beasley, I meant no offense, and it's not personal. I'm sure Cole is a great kid who works hard.

PS I said he "kinda sucks", meaning sucks a bit. I already said it's fine that he's on the roster, I just think he offers limited upside. I'd prefer that we had a better player in his spot, but it isn't a priority now due to the addition of Diggs.  Last year his 106 targets (7 per game) were good for 23% of total targets. His 7 targets last sunday were good for 15% of targets, so let's pump the brakes on little bit on the 2020 stats through 1 game. 

Did you just use a game 1 stat as a reason to pump the breaks on using game 1 stats?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Ok,  @eball's thread about being wrong about Murphy got me thinking. If Murphy is starting to lose his whipping boy status on Two Bills Drive, who is the next man up. Last year it was Star, with Murphy and Cody Ford not too far behind.  Who is it this year, still Murphy, or has someone else taken the title? What say you?

It’s by far been Murphy.  And while it’s quieted this one week, all it will take is one game where he doesn’t do anything or misses a tackle for it to all come back.  All his critics who are silent are just waiting for the next chance to say “See he sucks”.  

A case can be made for Ford, but have seen a lot less heat on him then people had for Murphy.  I mean this board was obsessed with cutting Murphy, and even more silly was for “cap” reasons when it wouldn’t have done anything for our cap as we are not over the cap and it’s last year of his deal.  It was utter nonsense to campaign for him to be cut.  Now trading him had merit with our deep log jam at DE and Beanes ability to get great trade value I our favor,  but the calls to cut him were pretty silly.  

• Like (+1) 1

Definitely Ford for me. He has been terrible while my draft crush DK Metcalf has been great. Wish I could remember which posters were arguing with me that summer saying we don’t need a WR because Robert Foster needed playing time. 

Although our run D looked pretty good without our Star DT. No one seems to miss him.