Current TBD Whipping Boy?

Since Star is not here this season, who is the current TBD whipping boy?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Deserved or not, who do you think is the current TBD whipping boy?

• Trent Murphy (always injured, costs too much)
    • Cody Ford (he's a bust, can't play tackle)
    • Dawson Knox (can't catch, his hair is too curly)
    • Cole Beasley (too short, no chemistry with Josh, too many drops)
    • Ed Oliver (he's a bust, no stats, did he even play?)
    • Other (please elaborate below)

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think Beane did "replace" Beasley with John Brown who he replaced with Diggs. I don't need Beasley to be off the roster, but I also think he's a guy you're looking to replace this offseason with someone that offers more.

So John Brown is now our slot receiver?  Who is our #2 outside WR then?

10.5 ypc catch at the slot position is bad?  His catch percentage is also 3 points higher than Edelman's.  

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

BB,

In the earlier post, you specifically stated that Brown replaced Beasley.  Beasley is purely a slot receiver.  

Another very good stat for Beasley.  55% of his receptions went for 1st downs in 2019.  Edelman's....35%.  

He replaced him as a priority target. Beasley was formerly the 2nd option in the offense. He's now at best the 3rd, or possibly the 4th depending on Knox. His role in the offense didn't change.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

He replaced him as a priority target. Beasley was formerly the 2nd option in the offense. He's now at best the 3rd, or possibly the 4th depending on Knox. His role in the offense didn't change.

Beasely was targeted 7 times last game which is about what he was targeted last year on average.  You indicated that that was a pretty good volume last year....

Knox was targeted 3 times last game.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Beasely was targeted 7 times last game which is about what he was targeted last year on average.  You indicated that that was a pretty good volume last year....

Knox was targeted 3 times last game.  

So, maybe he's 3rd instead of 4th if Knox doesn't get better.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

what were MCD's comments?!?!

He was asked about the play of the right side of the line and he said something to the tune of, “I thought Darryl Williams played a really good game.” They asked him then specifically on Ford then and he said, “he did some things well.” Just thought that it was notable 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Why are targeting him at the same volume if he sucks like you say?

Mr/Mrs Beasley, I meant no offense, and it's not personal. I'm sure Cole is a great kid who works hard.

PS I said he "kinda sucks", meaning sucks a bit. I already said it's fine that he's on the roster, I just think he offers limited upside. I'd prefer that we had a better player in his spot, but it isn't a priority now due to the addition of Diggs.  Last year his 106 targets (7 per game) were good for 23% of total targets. His 7 targets last sunday were good for 15% of targets, so let's pump the brakes on little bit on the 2020 stats through 1 game.