Bills vs Jets Postgame Thread

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. Just square your shoulders and throw it right to the guy. WIDE OPEN!

It is clear that Allen prefers rolling to his right, but teams are planning for that.

He will have to correct that bootleg left throw to both hit those easy shots and to keep the defenses honest when he fakes that bootleg on handoffs.

It was wide open because it is obvious that teams across the league have scouted his preferences and tendencies and cheat right in coverage.

A bit sloppy, but not as bad as a preseason game would be. I expected some of that...and the injuries with guys playing game speed for the first time.

Allen has grown, but continues to make the easy stuff look really hard and the very hard plays look pedestrian. 300 yards is 300 yards. Will never be sold on the Allen designed sweeps unless they put a handle on the ball and wrap him in bubblewrap. There are other options.

The Jets had a stout run defense last year, and it is still really good this year. Did not expect a lot on the ground. I am glad that Dabs did not abandon it.

A lot to work on and some key defenders dinged...we will see how things shake out this week.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Sad to see Shout song with no fans!

Good win, I guess.. only because every win is a good win.  However it’d be really nice to have a ‘shove it down their throats‘ mentality. Wish we went for the touchdown on their 1 yard line. Let’s stop being nice guys. Our D has us covered in a bad case scenario. 

I understand and really wanted to see it, but the play there is to make a 3-score game. No question, which is why we sit on couches while coaches coach.

• Like (+1) 1

They did show the controversial missed kick from behind the posts on one replay and from there it looked wide right. From the front view it is impossible to gauge when the ball actually crosses the posts.

I'm going to say it was a missed kick and they got the call right. But I'd like to see the end zone shot once more.

Bass better work on his game. He needs to make all of those kicks. Those were not tough kicks. Even his makes were dangerously close. Hopefully it was just jitters and he improves going forward.

The offense in the first half was as efficient as I’ve seen it under Daboll.  Need to put four full quarters of consistent play, that’s been a McDermott issue.  Also Josh missed TWO wide open TDs.  In addition to Brown he overthrew Knox in the same spot for what should’ve been an easy score.  Something about rolling to his left - he has trouble setting and firing.  Almost like he’s too big, if you’ve ever tried to throw one of those hutch mini footballs they can be surprisingly tough to get touch on at times - I think big QBs struggle with touch passing at times, especially on the run.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

They did show the controversial missed kick from behind the posts on one replay and from there it looked wide right. From the front view it is impossible to gauge when the ball actually crosses the posts.

I'm going to say it was a missed kick and they got the call right. But I'd like to see the end zone shot once more.

Bass better work on his game. He needs to make all of those kicks. Those were not tough kicks. Even his makes were dangerously close. Hopefully it was just jitters and he improves going forward.

do you think the guy looking straight up the goal post was lying?

• Like (+1) 1

Is all I can say.

So weird watching an offense with so many weapons.

Allen had 2 boneheaded fumbles,  but that’s all fixable.

He looked great. Felt like I was watching the 90’s Bills today.

If you’re not excited, well, I dunno what to tell ya.

This is a championship caliber team.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, McBean said:

Is all I can say.

So weird watching an offense with so many weapons.

Allen had 2 boneheaded fumbles,  but that’s all fixable.

He looked great. Felt like I was watching the 90’s Bills today.

If you’re not excited, well, I dunno what to tell ya.

This is a championship caliber team.

Go Bills.

Someone buy this man a beer!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

also, id like to see us target Diggs a lot more. he is an elite talent, gets separation almost every play. he was constantly eating the Jets CB for lunch today but Allen didn't look in his direction enough especially in the redzone. 

He was targeted 9 times for crying out loud he caught 8 of them for 80 yards WTH are you talking about ???

• Like (+1) 1

The bad - Competition will get harder given that the Jets aren't good and Buffalo still has KC, Tennessee, the NFC West, etc.

The good - despite the missed field goals, missed throws, and lost fumbles in Jets territory (and hopefully the mistakes can be cleaned up) the Bills basically controlled the game from beginning to end.  If the kicking situation can get fixed, and the mistakes get ironed out, this team has the potential to be one of the best in the league.

Just now, MJS said:

It might be all you can say, but you better say more in that title or you'll get in trouble!

That's the only comment this one needs. Wow.

But of course I'll say more: I know it's the Jets, but ... when was the last time that a Bills team looked this well prepared, this poised for success at Week 1? I think it was about 1993...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

They showed the 2nd kick go wide right from behind the post right after showing the first kick from the front, they didn't say it was the 2nd kick but that one was obviously wide below the top of post. I don't think they showed another view of the ? call, if they did I missed it somehow.

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

They showed the 2nd kick go wide right from behind the post right after showing the first kick from the front, they didn't say it was the 2nd kick but that one was obviously wide below the top of post. I don't think they showed another view of the ? call, if they did I missed it somehow.

Ah, ok. That could be true.