Bills vs Jets Postgame Thread

Odd that a jets fan on the jetnation board can say this:

Dude stop it. People would of been building church’s for Darnold in NJ if he would of put up the numbers Allen did.

yes Allen has lots of help & lots of support. He also has a coach who can ply to his strengths but Allen made the throws. He made the reads. He played well. 

From one die hard jets to fan to the rest of you...get over yourselves. Allen is legit.

While we have people HERE not acknowledging the facts.

• Like (+1) 1

How is no one talking about Allen’s marked improvement in throwing with anticipation? He threw guys open all day and I’m not talking about the throws where Diggs/Brown left CB jockstraps on the field.

To me this is one of the biggest indicators that Josh is the real deal and will develop into a great franchise QB. The fumbles and mechanics on roll outs to the left are easily fixable. 

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, RunTheBall said:

How is no one talking about Allen’s marked improvement in throwing with anticipation? He threw guys open all day and I’m not talking about the throws where Diggs/Brown left CB jockstraps on the field.

To me this is one of the biggest indicators that Josh is the real deal and will develop into a great franchise QB. the fumbles and mechanics or roll outs to the left are easily fixable. 

He was better at anticipation throws for sure.  Ball placement still needs to improve.  First half was best passing half he’s had as a Bill, super efficient and used all of his receivers.  Came a bit unglued after his second fumble and seemed like he was pressing.

Postgame thoughts  - We dominated O , D and the Return Game. Andre Roberts quietly had a helluva game. 

Only thing concerning is the run game but that's a great Run D. 

But just as far as an overall team effort,  we dominated! And when the Jets cut it to 11 on that flukey 70 yard pass , the O marched right down, killed clock and responded with 3 but should have been 7.

Could have easily won by 30+ but we'll get that cleaned up. 

We can pick apart a bunch of things about this game, bottom line is it was week 1 after a surreal off season and we got a dominant,  team win! 

I

• Like (+1) 1

I want Allen to protect the ball better.

I also NEVER want him in a situation where he's taking the hits that led to the two fumbles. Ever. 

It is amazing to me that we keep calling these kind of plays with these results being so common. They need to be stripped from the playbook. Scrambling is fine and he seems to not fumble when he's doing it. Designed runs in the field of play that mimic running back plays where those kind of tackles are guaranteed are just bad news.

No QB in the league doesn't drop a ball being flipped like that (maybe Cam succeeds, but that would be it). Josh should not be upside down in the air on a designed run when the Bills are up by 3 TDs. Ever. 

***** cut it out Daboll. 

Even if he didn't keep fumbling it, I do NOT want him taking those hits all season. Great way to shorten his career.

He can use his feet the way he did while passing today - extending plays, he's incredible at that. He can scramble when a play breaks down. Enough of these designed "Light up Josh Allen" plays where every team is gunning for him, knowing the probable result. 

At this point, I'm just pissed at Daboll. 

Excellent game from Allen otherwise. Truly encouraging.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh would get an A from me today but I downgraded it to a B plus because of the fumbles

It HAS to get fixed

There's a junior staff member that's going to be spending a lot of time this week in practice hitting Josh with those swim noodle things

31 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Odd that a jets fan on the jetnation board can say this:

While we have people HERE not acknowledging the facts.

Oh, I’m guessing you are referring to me? 4 trips inside the 39 without points isn’t good. The Bills are very good. I expect to pound bad teams. That’s a b- performance and Josh is moving in the right direction. It’s a good sign though that the Bills beat teams that they are better than.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh, I’m guessing you are referring to me? 4 trips inside the 39 without points isn’t good. The Bills are very good. I expect to pound bad teams. That’s a b- performance and Josh is moving in the right direction. It’s a good sign though that the Bills beat teams that they are better than.

No you're at least mildly reasonable. Had someone say Allen was AWFUL today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

There's a junior staff member that's going to be spending a lot of time this week in practice hitting Josh with those swim noodle things

Josh Allen can put the ball anywhere on the field on any given play with plenty of play makers to help him.

Myself personally, a little less of Allen running the football is a healthy way to remedy the problem.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffbills716 said:

I think he had a solid B performance today.

Given the missed TD its a reasonable assessment.

B+ for breaking the 300 mark and giving Diggs a good opening day workout.

Something special is brewing in Buffalo

I Billieve...