Bills vs Jets Postgame Thread

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So in McDermott post game presser @john wawrow did everything he could to ask if Josh audibled to that play where Brown got a TD.  Either Sean was being coy, or had no clue what JW was talking about. 

id never seen that nuance before. 

In his PC Josh said he audibled to that play “out of a bad situation.”

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

dolphins will be real tough, they have a proper coach unlike Gase with the jets 

Jets might be the worst team in the league 

I was shocked at how bad the jets were. I thought the reports about them were overblown— apparently not.  Feel bad for Darnold— he has no help around him. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

In his PC Josh said he audibled to that play “out of a bad situation.”

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Brown said it too.

yeah I mean we all saw it, I just didn’t understand How McDermott handled that question. Acted as if he didn’t know what Warrow was talking about. 

just started talking in platitudes. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

True but he was also bad regardless. Wouldn’t put it all on the WRs

Darnold wasn’t good, no doubt. But his receivers dropped some very catchable balls early on and then throughout the game. I think on both 3rd downs in the first two series, his receivers could have caught those balls And extended drives. Tough to develop any rhythm when your guys can’t make tough catches. 

I don’t understand the Jets at all— how they are building their offense, especially. It’s not really well-thought out. 

12 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I have to say that I liked what I saw from Gabe Davis. Strong hands— made two catches right off the bat. I think he has a whiff on a block, and didn’t see much from him after that. Hopefully he gets more opportunities. 

Hes going to need a lot of work blocking if he wants more playing time.  He was bad im that aspect beyond the whiff.

6 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Darnold wasn’t good, no doubt. But his receivers dropped some very catchable balls early on and then throughout the game. I think on both 3rd downs in the first two series, his receivers could have caught those balls And extended drives. Tough to develop any rhythm when your guys can’t make tough catches. 

I don’t understand the Jets at all— how they are building their offense, especially. It’s not really well-thought out. 

they paid Breshad Perriman over Robby Anderson.  Gase and Douglas both should be fired.  They are a very bad team talent wise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

What the Jets have failed to do is isolate the QB performance to evaluate it because of all these excuses people can keep using. Not enough weapons. Bad OL. Bad D. Etc. Whereas the Bills have managed in year 3 - which i believe in the “you are what you are by year 3” QB evaluation - to isolate the issue. Because they are so solid everywhere else on the team, they are able to isolate the QB performance as the area of blame if the team is not successful. The jets have not done that, which will continue to muddy the waters on whether Darnold is good but has no help So continue to build around him, or just isn’t that good and time to draft another. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What the Jets have failed to do is isolate the QB performance to evaluate it because of all these excuses people can keep using. Not enough weapons. Bad OL. Bad D. Etc. Whereas the Bills have managed in year 3 - which i believe in the “you are what you are by year 3” QB evaluation - to isolate the issue. Because they are so solid everywhere else on the team, they are able to isolate the QB performance as the area of blame if the team is not successful. The jets have not done that, which will continue to muddy the waters on whether Darnold is good but has no help So continue to build around him, or just isn’t that good and time to draft another. 

good point. This is the David Carr saga. It took the Texans years to figure out he was terrible, and it wasn’t just the lack of a “fill in the blank player” away from him being good.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

What do you want to bet they pivot to the fumbles now even though that's never really been a thing they've complained about with him.

I mean... He fumbled 14 times last year and lost 10. That is a ***** ton of fumbles. It's not really a secret that he has major ball security issues. If you disregard the fumbles and the two easy TDs he air mailed, he had a great game. If you don't disregard those, well then we're lucky it was against the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This was cool.  That last one where he got trucked - was weird that Brown ended up in such close prozimity at the end of the route.  Allowed that defender to be right there to take a shot at Diggs

19 minutes ago, MPT said:

I mean... He fumbled 14 times last year and lost 10. That is a ***** ton of fumbles. It's not really a secret that he has major ball security issues. If you disregard the fumbles and the two easy TDs he air mailed, he had a great game. If you don't disregard those, well then we're lucky it was against the Jets.

Allen did not lose anywhere close to 10 fumbles last year. you are probably reading the column of fumbles recovered by the Bills 

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Allen did not lose anywhere close to 10 fumbles last year. you are probably reading the column of fumbles recovered by the Bills 

You're right! 14 fumbles is still a ***** ton of fumbles though.

• Like (+1) 2