Looks Like, Once Again, Hank Williams Jr. Is Out For MNF

T&C

The forumla that was a winner for decades is still a winner if they'd just go back to it.....make it about the game....and put some announcers in that are about the game.  NFL football sells itself if you just let it.  Even to casual fans or peole who don't understand the rules...you dont need to pander to them....they'll watch becasue everyone else is....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

He once compared Obama to Hitler.

I thought Carrie Underwood was far better on MNF

He should compare Trump to Hitler if he wants to get reinstated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

He compared Obama to Hitler.  You just need to open the article.  Personally, I loved the song and is iconic, so the thought police at it again.  At the end of the day, it’s their brand, and they can do whatever they want to do with their intro music.  If I didn’t read the article, I never would even know what Williams politics are if not brought to the forefront now.

I thought he compared Boehner to Netanyahu.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, T&C said:

All his rowdy friends are still watching the games on TV... kind of lame imo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-espn-removes-hank-williams-jr-from-monday-night-football-intro-222533577.html

No surprise ! Being a Hank fan for years ESPN should know he speaks what he believes & he's a American country boy no political correctness in him he tells you like it is & won't conform to the new age way of thinking as far as being "Politically Correct" that's why they took him back off .

ABC the parent company will get on board with any ideal & will flip flop in a heart beat in order to keep those that watch their channel still and today's world is nothing at all like it use to be so this doesn't surprise me in the least .

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

No surprise ! Being a Hank fan for years ESPN should know he speaks what he believes & he's a American country boy no political correctness in him he tells you like it is & won't conform to the new age way of thinking as far as being "Politically Correct" that's why they took him back off .

ABC the parent company will get on board with any ideal & will flip flop in a heart beat in order to keep those that watch their channel still and today's world is nothing at all like it use to be so this doesn't surprise me in the least .

How you want it to be isn't the same as the way it is. Society is making people like that go away, and hopefully they'll soon be gone for good. There's no place for people like him and his supporters in a civilized society.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It probably isn’t about politics, nor is it likely about homophobic comments.  A quick google search shows his replacement, rock icon Little Richard, making homophobic comments as late as 2017. 

Little Richard wasn’t gay???

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And whatabout all that violence in Chicago, amirite??

Do LeBron and China next!!! 😆

33 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Little Richard wasn’t gay???

Do LeBron and China next!!! 😆

Well, that's the unusual part.  Apparently he was early in his adult life, but discovered spirituality and religion later in life and decided he was not gay anymore. All this from an interview he gave in 2017.   

He also caused violence in Chicago according to another poster.  Or maybe was from Chicago.  I think the point is really, Hank Williams the Junior, Little Richard, Chicago, violence...and Mike Ditka. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

9 hours ago, T master said:

There’s a difference between politically correct and being a bigot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

How you want it to be isn't the same as the way it is. Society is making people like that go away, and hopefully they'll soon be gone for good. There's no place for people like him and his supporters in a civilized society.

It is much better that people just destroy cities than be forced to hear an opinion they disagree with, right?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It probably isn’t about politics, nor is it likely about homophobic comments.  A quick google search shows his replacement, rock icon Little Richard, making homophobic comments as late as 2017. 

Yea but he is dead so he cannot respond to criticism so they will get away with substituting him until they can find someone who can sing like an angel, has made comments like an angel and is approved by NFLPA.

Oh and must be a modern angel (transsexxxual allowed) not classic one.

Genesis 19:1-11

That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again." "Oh no," they replied. "We'll just spend the night out here in the city square." But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. They shouted to Lot, "Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!"

So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. "Please, my brothers," he begged, "don't do such a wicked thing. Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection."

"Stand back!" they shouted. "This fellow came to town as an outsider, and now he's acting like our judge! We'll treat you far worse than those other men!" And they lunged toward Lot to break down the door. But the two angels reached out, pulled Lot into the house, and bolted the door. Then they blinded all the men, young and old, who were at the door of the house, so they gave up trying to get inside.

4 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I heard it was because he wanted to change the lyric to “All my racist friends are here for Monday Night”

His song says that if you play it backwards.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is much better that people just destroy cities than be forced to hear an opinion they disagree with, right?

When that opinion is that the lives of people that look different than you are worth less, than absolutely yes it's better to destroy cities. We've done it for a hell if a lot less.

15 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

The forumla that was a winner for decades is still a winner if they'd just go back to it.....make it about the game....and put some announcers in that are about the game.  NFL football sells itself if you just let it.  Even to casual fans or peole who don't understand the rules...you dont need to pander to them....they'll watch becasue everyone else is....

The downfall began when Sunday Night football began in the 90's.  Once it went to NBC and Thursday Night Football was added MNF just became another prime time game.  The market became oversaturized and MNF will never be what it used to be.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Comparing the President to Hitler seems quite in vogue these days, so I don’t know how that should be held against him. 😛 

no idea about the other stuff. 

That was my first thought but it goes beyond that with him.  I don't feel like citing them but he's made some anti Islamic and homophobic comments.  I wouldn't want him associated with any aspect of MNF although that song did used to get me pumped.