Looks Like, Once Again, Hank Williams Jr. Is Out For MNF

T&C

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Is this really a concern??? 2020 can suck a fart out of my ass.

Not really a concern but it takes away the Monday night dancing right before the game.

17 minutes ago, T&C said:

All his rowdy friends are still watching the games on TV... kind of lame imo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-espn-removes-hank-williams-jr-from-monday-night-football-intro-222533577.html

so he’s had the intro song since ‘89, if the article is correct? A 30 year run ain’t too shabby. Sometimes things change, I’d advise you to get used to it.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

so he’s had the intro song since ‘89, if the article is correct? A 30 year run ain’t too shabby. Sometimes things change, I’d advise you to get used to it.

I think Kelly Clarkson or some other female singer did it the last time he got the boot... the MNF song is very important I'll have you know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

I think Kelly Clarkson or some other female singer did it the last time he got the boot... the MNF song is very important I'll have you know.

again still a good run. Don’t care what his politics are, and it was a catchy intro. I could not care less they’re changing it. It was a bit dated, though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I don't like Country music nor do I know what Williams Jr.'s political leanings are, but I always liked the "All My Rowdy Friends are Here on Monday Night" song.

I think he’s somewhere between Daniel Moynihan and Barney Frank, but I’m not positive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, T&C said:

All his rowdy friends are still watching the games on TV... kind of lame imo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-espn-removes-hank-williams-jr-from-monday-night-football-intro-222533577.html

As a folk/outlaw/country fan, his music sucks and he sucks. Not sure what the loss is here.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Likely players were going to have another protest / sit in / sit out if they did not change song.

Player to ESPN sports person: "Nothing to say until you get rid of that song.  I have talked to my brothers and if I am fined for not talking we will protest unless they raise percentage that players get."

4 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I don't like Country music nor do I know what Williams Jr.'s political leanings are, but I always liked the "All My Rowdy Friends are Here on Monday Night" song.

He compared Obama to Hitler.  You just need to open the article.  Personally, I loved the song and is iconic, so the thought police at it again.  At the end of the day, it’s their brand, and they can do whatever they want to do with their intro music.  If I didn’t read the article, I never would even know what Williams politics are if not brought to the forefront now.

Kinda sick of that song, way past due for something new. For those who will find their NFL experience somehow less enjoyable without it, I hear there is this new thing called "Youtube" where you can hear any song you want any time you want. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1