Looks Like, Once Again, Hank Williams Jr. Is Out For MNF

T&C

On 9/8/2020 at 10:47 PM, JoPoy88 said:

so he’s had the intro song since ‘89, if the article is correct? A 30 year run ain’t too shabby. Sometimes things change, I’d advise you to get used to it.

If we can get used to living with COVID I’m sure will get used to watching MNF without Hank Williams Jr 

But I will definitely miss that opening

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/8/2020 at 11:30 PM, T&C said:

All his rowdy friends are still watching the games on TV... kind of lame imo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-espn-removes-hank-williams-jr-from-monday-night-football-intro-222533577.html

I think the author of the article is trying to create an issue that isn't there.   The group behavior encouraged in "All My Rowdy Friends Are Here on Monday Night" is far more inappropriate in 2020 than any of Hank Williams' political comments made nearly a decad ago.  

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yea but he is dead so he cannot respond to criticism so they will get away with substituting him until they can find someone who can sing like an angel, has made comments like an angel and is approved by NFLPA.

Oh and must be a modern angel (transsexxxual allowed) not classic one.

Genesis 19:1-11

That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again." "Oh no," they replied. "We'll just spend the night out here in the city square." But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. They shouted to Lot, "Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!"

So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. "Please, my brothers," he begged, "don't do such a wicked thing. Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection."

"Stand back!" they shouted. "This fellow came to town as an outsider, and now he's acting like our judge! We'll treat you far worse than those other men!" And they lunged toward Lot to break down the door. But the two angels reached out, pulled Lot into the house, and bolted the door. Then they blinded all the men, young and old, who were at the door of the house, so they gave up trying to get inside.

His song says that if you play it backwards.

What has death got to do with it. Christopher Columbus died 500 years ago and still some idiots want to take his statue down. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Genesis 19:1-11

That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again." "Oh no," they replied. "We'll just spend the night out here in the city square." But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. They shouted to Lot, "Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!"

So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. "Please, my brothers," he begged, "don't do such a wicked thing. Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection."

"Stand back!" they shouted. "This fellow came to town as an outsider, and now he's acting like our judge! We'll treat you far worse than those other men!" And they lunged toward Lot to break down the door. But the two angels reached out, pulled Lot into the house, and bolted the door. Then they blinded all the men, young and old, who were at the door of the house, so they gave up trying to get inside.

Father of the year..

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

How you want it to be isn't the same as the way it is. Society is making people like that go away, and hopefully they'll soon be gone for good. There's no place for people like him and his supporters in a civilized society.

Unfortunately !! True the old truth tellers are being phased out Hank being one for "Politically Correctness" the truth is to black & white in a world that wants grey filled no rules type of world as to not hurt anyones feelings heaven for bid ! 

I can't wait until Monday Night Football returns to ABC in the next couple of seasons, with Peyton Manning its lead broadcaster.

THAT will be cause for celebration.

Oh, and one more thing: Hank Williams Jr sucks.

Give me Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Chet Owens, Hank Williams Sr, Waylon Jennings, or a couple of seagulls fighting over a meatball. All are vastly superior to Hank Williams Jr.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

Unfortunately !! True the old truth tellers are being phased out Hank being one for "Politically Correctness" the truth is to black & white in a world that wants grey filled no rules type of world as to not hurt anyones feelings heaven for bid ! 

That is pure BS.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I can't wait until Monday Night Football returns to ABC in the next couple of seasons, with Peyton Manning its lead broadcaster.

Give me Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Chet Owens, Hank Williams Sr, Waylon Jennings, or a couple of seagulls fighting over a meatball. All are vastly superior to Hank Williams Jr.

There’s few changes that wouldn’t improve MNF.... what you described would be awesome.

I’d be fine with just a random, different Johnny Cash song each week. Why do we need a specific hype song for football?? It’s football! The hype is built in. 

I would gladly sit and listen to Hurt in preparation of a football game. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

There’s few changes that wouldn’t improve MNF.... what you described would be awesome.

I’d be fine with just a random, different Johnny Cash song each week. Why do we need a specific hype song for football?? It’s football! The hype is built in. 

That song, coupled with the right series of NFL imagery, would actually be pretty ***** powerful stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

Had no idea MNF will be going back to ABC, that is indeed good news. It was originally intended for the working man, OTA... then the working man had to pay for it.

I"m not a big country music guy but, no love for Willie?

54 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hurt fires you up?  It makes me want to apologize to every girl I dated for being terrible. 😢

3 hours ago, T master said:

Hank Williams Jr was never a "truth teller".  His "truth" stems from his dysfunctional childhood (he was touring with country western shows as a young boy singing his famous father's songs to support his family), his long time alcohol and drug abuse, his troubled personal life, and the era and place (segregated South) in which he grew up.

PS - I really like Bocephus' music but that doesn't blind me to his personal failings.

Edited by SoTier

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hurt fires you up?  It makes me want to apologize to every girl I dated for being terrible. 😢

It doesn’t fire me up so much as makes me feel all of the emotions. Which is a type of firing up... just in general I find it one of the best songs.

Now, a song that would fire me up before a football game would be “god’s gonna cut you down.” That makes me want to smash some faces.

• Thank you (+1) 1