Looks Like, Once Again, Hank Williams Jr. Is Out For MNF

T&C

Jeez ... I can't see why the NFL would have ever wanted to distance themselves from this guy the first time, let alone twice ....

Concert review from 2014  https://www.dallasobserver.com/music/a-night-of-racism-patriotism-and-homophobia-with-hank-williams-jr-7054864

From the review: 

"The set really got troublesome, though, when Williams told a story of meeting a black man at his father's house.

'You know I love the black man, and he came to me and said, 'Yo' daddy got that song about jambalaya and the crawfish pie-a,'" Williams rambled in a god-awful, patronizing caricature of an African American man. "'Remember, country music is just white people singing the blues. You go get you a dobro and a lot of good things will happen for you, Little Bocephus.'"

• Sad 1

He's a homophobe and bigot. He doesn't deserve to be on national TV. He's a moron redneck and needs to crawl into a hole somewhere and not come out.

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

again still a good run. Don’t care what his politics are, and it was a catchy intro. I could not care less they’re changing it. It was a bit dated, though.

I'm not sure it is about politics. His racist and homophobic comments have more to do with his lack of character than politics. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, todd said:

He's a homophobe and bigot. He doesn't deserve to be on national TV. He's a moron redneck and needs to crawl into a hole somewhere and not come out.

I'm not sure it is about politics. His racist and homophobic comments have more to do with his lack of character than politics. 

It probably isn’t about politics, nor is it likely about homophobic comments.  A quick google search shows his replacement, rock icon Little Richard, making homophobic comments as late as 2017. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It probably isn’t about politics, nor is it likely about homophobic comments.  A quick google search shows his replacement, rock icon Little Richard, making homophobic comments as late as 2017. 

And whatabout all that violence in Chicago, amirite??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The song always sucked, I was thoroughly disappointed the first time they used him and it as the intro. It just attracts low life types. 

like in all genres of music, 75% of it sucks. 

4 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

He once compared Obama to Hitler.

I thought Carrie Underwood was far better on MNF

Comparing the President to Hitler seems quite in vogue these days, so I don’t know how that should be held against him. 😛 

no idea about the other stuff. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Gotta love this soft new world we are living in today

Sensitive GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yep, no more major pain allowed on quarterbacks.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i just want to take a second to be a part of this thread.

This thread now has some teeth to it.

• Haha (+1) 1