Man drinks seven pints of his own urine a day, claims he never gets ill

https://nypost.com/2020/09/03/german-man-drinks-seven-pints-of-his-own-urine-a-day/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Talk about recycling!

“It is the body’s own vaccination,” Hamburg’s Jan Schünemann, 26, told the Daily Mail.

Schünemann claimed that drinking his urine can ward off illnesses and mitigate depression. The sports coach and student then streams his ill-advised ritual on Instagram and YouTube in the hopes that others will follow suit. He also applies pee to his skin, eyes and even his ears — via syringe.

• Haha (+1) 2

Seven pints! Pee actually  is sterile, There is nothing to use in it.. It is waste  products. Unless he's Bob in Mich and it might be full of THC.

Edited by Wacka

48 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Pee actually is sterile

slow afternoon at work... I found a number of reputable sources on google (popular science and webmd for example) that state this is an urban myth, and bacteria is present even in people who do not suffer from UTI

also did some 'research' on whether or not it's a good idea even in a survival situation, and it would seem that the general scientific consensus is No but mainly because of the high sodium content (all due respect to Mike Ehrmantraut) 

Edited by coloradobillsfan

2 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

slow afternoon at work... I found a number of reputable sources on google (popular science and webmd for example) that state this is an urban myth, and bacteria is present even in people who do not suffer from UTI

also did some 'research' on whether or not it's a good idea even in a survival situation, and it would seem that the general scientific consensus is No but mainly because of the high sodium content (all due respect to Mike Ehrmantraut) 

I would believe Mike more then i would believe 'reputable' sources like Popular Science and WebMD

Unless Mythbusters (the original) proved it

2 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

claims he never gets ill................    

well he might not.

I believe it, if he is drinking it and using it on his skin he probably reeks of it and no one goes close enough to him to spread anything.......

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I believe it, if he is drinking it and using it on his skin he probably reeks of it and no one goes close enough to him to spread anything.......

I was referring to myself just thinking about him drinking all that urine,lol

4 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Correct, it is full of waste products your body didn't want including bacterium... if your body couldn't utilize what these products were in the 1st place why would it a 2nd time??? Why make your kidneys do double duty? Absurd!

Both Bear Grylls and Les Stroud have stated that elephant poop moisture is 100% sterile and potable in a wilderness situation.

12 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would believe Mike more then i would believe 'reputable' sources like Popular Science and WebMD

Unless Mythbusters (the original) proved it

The word "warrior" is carelessly often thrown around in sports circles these days.

Juan Manuel Marquez is in fact a warrior.  Incredible boxer from Mexico.

He has been drinking his own urine as part of his pre-bout training ritual for years!

I doubt it does anything for him, except maybe make extra work for his liver, but no one is ever going to question this hombre's toughness.   Ask Manny Pacquiao what I'm talking about.  

juan-manual-marquez.jpg

38 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What an idiot! Everyone knows you get the same benefits from 6 pints a day.

I remember when "they" said it was bad for you.  These things constantly change; like letting a baby sleep on its belly, or with plastic bags in the crib.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:40 PM, Wacka said:

Seven pints! Pee actually  is sterile, There is nothing to use in it.. It is waste  products. Unless he's Bob in Mich and it might be full of THC.

Exactly. But think about it. We urinate to rid the body of impurities and toxins. This guy is just throwing it all back in. 

Anyone here a fan of Better Call Saul? There was a pee-drinking scene when he was stranded in the desert.  So naturally people wondered if that was a good survival strategy. Turns out no. Reintroducing that waste product only makes it worse.

So I'm not buying Mr. Pee Swiller.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 9/3/2020 at 4:59 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/03/german-man-drinks-seven-pints-of-his-own-urine-a-day/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Talk about recycling!

“It is the body’s own vaccination,” Hamburg’s Jan Schünemann, 26, told the Daily Mail.

Schünemann claimed that drinking his urine can ward off illnesses and mitigate depression. The sports coach and student then streams his ill-advised ritual on Instagram and YouTube in the hopes that others will follow suit. He also applies pee to his skin, eyes and even his ears — via syringe.

...bet he's NEVER pissed off either..............

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/3/2020 at 4:59 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Talk about recycling!

Well take a bath in Urine and no one will want to get close enough for you to ever get sick....