Who's got the best lockdown CBs? NFL.com ranking

I saw a YT video of all position groups as ranked by Frelund.  She had Bills QBs at 15 which is fair, imo.  That was the worst position rank for the entire team.

Amazing Grand Master Wizardry by Beane putting this roster together and by McD and staff making a team of it.  They could be something special.

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I saw a YT video of all position groups as ranked by Frelund.  She had Bills QBs at 15 which is fair, imo.  That was the worst position rank for the entire team.

Amazing Grand Master Wizardry by Beane putting this roster together and by McD and staff making a team of it.  They could be something special.

Oh contraire mon frere, Beane is not just any mere wizard anymore. He has become The Minister of Magic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

Bills are a bit thin at CB.   White and Wallace set the bar really high, but if one of them goes down...

Taron has been mostly solid as the nickel. I could see Siran Neal stepping up his game. If Josh Norman is healthy and reverts to anywhere near McDermott form (big ask, i know), this could be a very deep unit.

2 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

Bills are a bit thin at CB.   White and Wallace set the bar really high, but if one of them goes down...

It’s more so White than Wallace.  Levi is a passable

CB but he’s been picked on at times which is why Norman was brought it

6 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Here's the entire video of all position groups.  It's 18+ minutes but is very favorable to the Bills.

All position groups for all 32 teams ranked.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

What were our Tight ends??  No way we’re top 15

8 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Here are all of them.  

QB.......15

RB.......13

WR......05

OL.......05

DL.......07

LB.......12

CB.......02

S.........02

Wow.... She has the O Line at 5?   I (and Josh) hope she is right!

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

And Running Backs

And then we just let them ride off to another team :(

Then again, every GM & coach seem to think the only way to possibly succeed in Buffalo is "strong run game, load up on defense," and just hope it all comes together like some elite defensive teams of the past.

Thankfully this current staff is at least attempting to put effort into the passing game, as the league has long since favored the pass for years now. Glad the Bills are finally catching up.

3 minutes ago, jabu said:

Wow.... She has the O Line at 5?   I (and Josh) hope she is right!

Me too.  I think that is high based on last year but maybe she is projecting a big improvement based on the continuity they have among that group and the offensive coaching staff in general.

Here are Mike Clay's rankings.  Not directly comparable but qualitatively so.  No improvement for Josh, very low IDL, the WR group is way down from where he had them in the spring, 9 projected wins, an overall team ranking of 19.  I don't know if she's the worst but I like hers more as a Bills fan.  She's saying somewhere in the top 10 and he's saying bottom half.

image.png.94d531d9ea331a58071626c41bfc7710.png

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

19 hours ago, BigDingus said:

And then we just let them ride off to another team :(

Then again, every GM & coach seem to think the only way to possibly succeed in Buffalo is "strong run game, load up on defense," and just hope it all comes together like some elite defensive teams of the past.

Thankfully this current staff is at least attempting to put effort into the passing game, as the league has long since favored the pass for years now. Glad the Bills are finally catching up.

I think that strategy, with past regimes, was maximizing the talent on hand while trying to rebuild on the fly.  Beane andMcD

were no different their first year.  The second year when they took the step back is when they gave in to that rebuild.  We're

definitely in good shape to have a balanced offense with an impactful passing game.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:50 PM, thurst44 said:

Taron has been mostly solid as the nickel. I could see Siran Neal stepping up his game. If Josh Norman is healthy and reverts to anywhere near McDermott form (big ask, i know), this could be a very deep unit.

Siran Neal is an idea DB when you want a DB who can play either safety or CB with mixed man (primary WR) / zone defense.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, JESSEFEFFER said:

Here are all of them.  

QB.......15

RB.......13

WR......05

OL.......05

DL.......07

LB.......12

CB.......02

S.........02

Singletary, Moss and Yeldon only 13th?

I suspect that will change dramatically by seasons end.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan

On 9/2/2020 at 2:42 PM, Cruiserplayer said:

If Tre is really #2 lockdown what does that make Diggs and Davis as receivers? ——— can’t wait to start the season!!!

What do you mean, Diggs and DAVIS?? Did you forget about me sir?

Sincerely,

John Brown

All jokes aside though, I'm also excited to get this season underway, and I'm optimistic about Davis.  But he's got a looong way to go to even be in the conversation about being the number 2 WR.  He has yet to play a down in the NFL, and at this point, the only thing it's safe to say for sure is that he's secured himself a roster spot.  Time will tell if he's the real deal. I'm hoping he is. 👍

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/3/2020 at 1:27 AM, JESSEFEFFER said:

Here are all of them.  

QB.......15

RB.......13

WR......05

OL.......05

DL.......07

LB.......12

CB.......02

S.........02

That’s actually pretty fair.  I almost never agree with these rankings, but I like where her head is at on these rankings.  I didn’t think we would place CB as second, not because of White, but thought Wallace would pull us down.  Not saying he’s bad, just average to a slightly above average.  A big if, but if Norman goes anywhere near back to Carolina form (even 80%), we have an incredible defensive backfield.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Sincerely,

John Brown

All jokes aside though, I'm also excited to get this season underway, and I'm optimistic about Davis.  But he's got a looong way to go to even be in the conversation about being the number 2 WR.  He has yet to play a down in the NFL, and at this point, the only thing it's safe to say for sure is that he's secured himself a roster spot.  Time will tell if he's the real deal. I'm hoping he is. 👍

I could see him substituting for Beasley from time to time, but #2?  I’m excited about the guy too, but not so much to be a #2 now, but for him and Hodgins to eventually get eased into a bigger role down the road.  I say the same thing about Moss.  I’m very excited for him and rookie RB’s usually can contribute a lot faster, but he still hasn’t played in the NFL yet.

Davis was a stud at UCF, and they play some tough teams, not just a cream puff conference.  USF and UCF has steadily Improved over the years.  They are no SEC teams, but they aren’t Appalachian State either.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Cynthia Frelund?

I hope she got some classes in football  evaluations.  

because  she was horrible when making weekly picks wrt the Bills 

Fred Sanford GIF - Fred Sanford GIFs

•  

4 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Sincerely,

John Brown

I agree with you on Davis and Brown. I mentioned Davis along Diggs because of the videos of each of them beating Tre deep at camp.

• Like (+1) 1