Training Camp 8/25

YoloinOhio

Kim Jones was just on "Training Camp Live" and said, when it comes to diggs, if you came into todays practice and took all the numbers and names off the players jerseys and didnt know who was who, you would have thought QB1 and WR1 have been playing together for multiple years. Mentioned a really nice rapport and connection between the 2 in the days that she has been there. 

See the source image

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Can somebody explain this to me? I have no idea how it works, but why there are like 6-7 kicks a training? Why don't they kick something like 20 kicks each (Hauschka and Bass) each day? Is it because it is not good for the leg? Or do they practice is 11 on 11 so they need lot of players to practice it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Can somebody explain this to me? I have no idea how it works, but why there are like 6-7 kicks a training? Why don't they kick something like 20 kicks each (Hauschka and Bass) each day? Is it because it is not good for the leg? Or do they practice is 11 on 11 so they need lot of players to practice it?

the kicks being reported on are the ones that occur during 11 v 11 as "live kicks". The kickers spend the majority of their time practicing mechanics and kickoffs/fieldgoals away from a team setting. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sounds like this is only during the 11 on 11s.  They do kick field goals and stuff during their down time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It’s funny how things happen sometimes. The Bills once tried DESPERATELY to trade up for Mark Barron and couldn’t get it done. They “settled” on a future DPOY in Gilmore. This year they tried to trade up for Devin Devernay and couldn’t get there. They ended up taking Gabriel Davis shortly after. Maybe lightning will strike twice? It will be interesting to watch those 2 careers side-by-side.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is this someone trying to spin a good thing bad?

Of course Thad is the one to tweet this. 

The guy is like clockwork when he tweets about the Bills. 

Backhanded compliment or dump on Josh? Check. 

Instill some fear into Bills mafia by alluding to issues in the locker room?Check. 

What a douche. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny how things happen sometimes. The Bills once tried DESPERATELY to trade up for Mark Barron and couldn’t get it done. They “settled” on future a DPOYin Gilmore. This year they tried to trade up for Devin Devernay and couldn’t get there. They ended up taking Gabriel Davis shortly after. Maybe lightning will strike twice? It will be interesting to watch those 2 careers side-by-side.

Interesting, I never heard that.  Do you have a link?

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

Of course Thad is the one to tweet this. 

The guy is like clockwork when he tweets about the Bills. 

Backhanded compliment or dump on Josh? Check. 

Instill some fear into Bills mafia by alluding to issues in the locker room?Check. 

What a douche. 

Thad didn’t tweet the negative part. It was some Danielle person responding to his tweet on Twitter.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not necessarily saying it will come this year. There is still some rawness to him. But in the longer term I think it is going to be an outstanding pick.

Agreed GB.  If we hit on Davis and Hodges, we have a nice future in our WR Corp. and are bigger so even this year, there will probably be packages for them like when we are in the red zone.  They are faster than Duke by what I’ve seen, and they can most likely Be nice big targets along with Knox or maybe a healthy Kroft.  The jury is out for me on Kroft as I’ve not seen him healthy.  I don’t know if he has great hands or not.  It would be great for Allen to have some nice targets with long wingspans inside the 10 yard line.  

We really added depth this off season, and next year I keep reading there is a deep TE class so if we hit on one of those next year, the rich will get richer.  We can also add some cheap DE, and CB talent.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

This photo made me check, we only have two WR's that do not have numbers in the teens- Duke and Hodgins.

Its an omen...

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thad didn’t tweet the negative part. It was some Danielle person responding to his tweet on Twitter.

I saw that. But Thad was still obviously the reporter to show the Diggs video. Thats what I was alluding to. 

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny how things happen sometimes. The Bills once tried DESPERATELY to trade up for Mark Barron and couldn’t get it done. They “settled” on a future DPOY in Gilmore. This year they tried to trade up for Devin Devernay and couldn’t get there. They ended up taking Gabriel Davis shortly after. Maybe lightning will strike twice? It will be interesting to watch those 2 careers side-by-side.

Looks like Devin’s turning heads, too.

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/ravens-proche-duvernay0822

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, there's a throw about 17 seconds in where one of the coaches taps Josh on the thigh 3 times before he throws. 

Anyone who coached/played got any input in what that's about?

Not sure,  I saw that and assumed it was just trying to give him a feeling of being in a pocket with movement around him and wanting him to focus, but it seemed very deliberate- so it could have been timing related.

It was interesting for sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, there's a throw about 17 seconds in where one of the coaches taps Josh on the thigh 3 times before he throws. 

Anyone who coached/played got any input in what that's about?

It just mimics contact in a moving pocket. Some teams use pool noodles or pads to whack at the QB, same concept.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 947 said:

It just mimics contact in a moving pocket. Some teams use pool noodles or pads to whack at the QB, same concept.

I get the contact in the moving pocket thing.  I've seen them roll big exercise balls at Josh too, for the same feeling.

Like @Rochesterfan said though, that particular seemed very deliberate so I wondered if they were trying to work on a timing throw with it or something

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

I saw that. But Thad was still obviously the reporter to show the Diggs video. Thats what I was alluding to. 

I just didn’t see anything from what Thad said In relation to the video that spinned it negatively. He said it was comfort in leadership 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just didn’t see anything from what Thad said In relation to the video that spinned it negatively. He said it was comfort in leadership 

Yea Thad was crediting him. It is who Diggs is. He isn't a diva but he is a passionate competitor who wants to win and demands high standards of those around him. Lorenzo Alexander was like that - I don't remember anyone calling him a diva. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I get the contact in the moving pocket thing.  I've seen them roll big exercise balls at Josh too, for the same feeling.

Like @Rochesterfan said though, that particular seemed very deliberate so I wondered if they were trying to work on a timing throw with it or something

@Hapless Bills Fan - watching it again - the first drop back pass - that same guy mimicked a rusher around the outside of Josh.

The pass in question was thrown between the second and third tap - so I really think they were just simulating pressure and minor contact.

Fun stuff to see either way.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

@Hapless Bills Fan - watching it again - the first drop back pass - that same guy mimicked a rusher around the outside of Josh.

The pass in question was thrown between the second and third tap - so I really think they were just simulating pressure and minor contact.

Fun stuff to see either way.

Which video are you guys watching? 

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Royal, you realize she’s 50 right?  Maybe she does, but she obviously hasn’t seen what Allen’s girlfriend looks like.

Hapless, I didn’t see the play so not sure on the three taps.  Could be a few different things.

I saw a clip from cover 1 saying that it is to try to distract Josh while in throwing motion, an exercise for Josh to maintain concentration during a throw, iirc.. Oh and fifty year old girls want it too... guys want to be him, girls want to be with him...

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I saw a clip from cover 1 saying that it is to try to distract Josh while in throwing motion, an exercise for Josh to maintain concentration during a throw, iirc.. Oh and fifty year old girls want it too... guys want to be him, girls want to be with him...

Go Bills!!!

Don, that is definitely a possibility as I used to coach and that is one way to try and distract the QB.  It can also be he messed up on the previous play the snap count, or a few other things.  It could be to signal him to change his intended target and say the third tap is Davis on this one va. Diggs who is one, and Brown is two.  Like I said, I didn’t see it, but I’ll defer to you Don as you know football.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Royal, you realize she’s 50 right?  Maybe she does, but she obviously hasn’t seen what Allen’s girlfriend looks like.

Hapless, I didn’t see the play so not sure on the three taps.  Could be a few different things.

Let me crack open a couple Bud heavy's... i'd tap it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Don, that is definitely a possibility as I used to coach and that is one way to try and distract the QB.  It can also be he messed up on the previous play the snap count, or a few other things.  It could be to signal him to change his intended target and say the third tap is Davis on this one va. Diggs who is one, and Brown is two.  Like I said, I didn’t see it, but I’ll defer to you Don as you know football.

Thanks, but I suspect you and several others here know more about football than I do by a long shot, 

Go Bills!!!