Tre Day stat

BillsMafi$

Covering OBJ in the end zone, play after play, was a big highlight from last year. He really locked him down. Committed penalties when he needed to, but lived to fight another down. Great series of plays from him.

• Like (+1) 8

thanks very insightful

Tre is a humble kid and the fact that he spoke very favorably and candidly about his position coach and db mates was very positive

HS class valedictorian and graduated from LSU in 3.5 years as a student athlete speaks to his intelligence, focus and determination

Edited by First Round Bust
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Covering OBJ in the end zone, play after play, was a big highlight from last year. He really locked him down. Committed penalties when he needed to, but lived to fight another down. Great series of plays from him.

That was something special

Nobody talks about that, but it was easily the most defining moment of tre's career so far

Shutting down Odell back to back to back in the end zone was his hello party to the world

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Too bad Wallace couldn't do the same to Landry. ?

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Tre is my favorite player on the team not named Josh Allen.. Deserves to reset the CB market, he’s worth it.. ✊?

He will be the highest paid when it's done. Probably somewhere around 18 per.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Tre is my favorite player on the team not named Josh Allen.. Deserves to reset the CB market, he’s worth it.. ✊?

Actually there are a lot of similarities between Josh and Tre: Great players, but they are both so humble. No diva in them. Great personalities (everyone likes them). Very smart. Family guys. Jokesters. Always having fun. Physical players. A massive drive to compete and win every single play (never taking a play off).

And maybe most important, wanting to be great!

Some guys' goals are just to play in the NFL, make a squad, make the money, get famous, win games, win a Super Bowl. Those are all valid reasons (especially winning a Super Bowl), but the great players come in to the league wanting to be considered one of the best of all time when they're done and then work their butts off for that goal. In one version of that interview, Tre says exactly that...I want to be one of the best, one of the greats. And Tre backs that up with his talent and hard work.

Love this kid and I have no doubt that the team is going to pay him to keep him. He is everything that Beane and McDermott preach about in regards to the type of DNA they want their players to have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Folz, I like you’re take, and agree barring injury, he could be in a gold jacket someday.  I say could, because injuries could derail him, but if he remains healthy, I really hope he retires a Bill.  The only part I slightly disagree is I am an Allen fan, but I wouldn’t call him great yet.  That to me is reserved when it comes to QB’s to P. Manning, Brees, as much I hate saying it, Brady, Montana, and evening Favre as well as our MGK.  Now, I do think he can be great someday.  I’m right there with you in his humbleness and work ethic and fierce competitive spirit.  It’s what makes me believe in him.  After the fact, I can honestly say he was the best choice in that draft.  Even over Darnold.  LJ is going to get figured out and go the way of  Vick (not the prison thing just his style).

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

thanks very insightful

Tre is a humble kid and the fact that he spoke very favorably and candidly about his position coach and db mates was very positive

HS class valedictorian and graduated from LSU in 3.5 years as a student athlete speaks to his intelligence, focus and determination

Been a Bills fan since the 80's and Tre White is already one of my 5 favorite players to wear a Bills uniform. I really hope he is bought in and wants to be a Buffalo Bill for his career. I really hope the creeps on social media about hs COVID decision didn't 'poison the well'. I really think he was torn, and shared his decision making with us all. That should be respected.

Edited by RocCityRoller

3 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

This man is about to be the highest paid defensive player in the league very soon

I know he has 2 years left, but would you support Bufflo showing some Buffalove to him early and lock him up for say 5 years? I would. Show him the love now, and know what you have for Allen, Edmunds, Milano later.

This kid is the real deal IMO.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Folz, I like you’re take, and agree barring injury, he could be in a gold jacket someday.  I say could, because injuries could derail him, but if he remains healthy, I really hope he retires a Bill.  The only part I slightly disagree is I am an Allen fan, but I wouldn’t call him great yet.  That to me is reserved when it comes to QB’s to P. Manning, Brees, as much I hate saying it, Brady, Montana, and evening Favre as well as our MGK.  Now, I do think he can be great someday.  I’m right there with you in his humbleness and work ethic and fierce competitive spirit.  It’s what makes me believe in him.  After the fact, I can honestly say he was the best choice in that draft.  Even over Darnold.  LJ is going to get figured out and go the way of  Vick (not the prison thing just his style).

I agree MGK, Josh is not great yet. I guess I only meant it in regards to his humbleness. He is a great athlete, was the big man on campus at Wyoming, and a first round draft choice, but it hasn't gone to his head. But, yes, he still has a ways to go before being considered great by NFL QB standards. But, I too think and hope he can get there.

Nighthawk, wasn’t that a cheesy movie with Stallone and Billy D Williams in the early 80’s.  Ktulu, we’re not tagging him after using a 5th year option on him twice.  He’d hold out in a heartbeat and he’d have every right to do it.  He’s one of the best CB’s in the league, and yes, we’re going to pony up most likely $18 mil./yr..  Currently if my brief research is accurate Darius Slay is the highest at $16.7 mil./yr.  So considering a few years ago, Gilmore did a deal for an avg. of $13 mil.  It is expected Tre in two years using the fifth year option will probably get around $18 mil.

On 8/22/2020 at 2:34 PM, First Round Bust said:

thanks very insightful

hadn’t heard he was valedictorian, but it isn’t surprising. 

His mind seems just as quick as his feet and he works his tail off. 

He might even just have what it takes to be gold jacket good if he keeps getting better and sustains his play for a long time. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

hadn’t heard he was valedictorian, but it isn’t surprising. 

His mind seems just as quick as his feet and he works his tail off. 

He might even just have what it takes to be gold jacket good if he keeps getting better and sustains his play for a long time. 

If he stays healthy, he definitely has the mindset and talent to be a Hall of famer

he just has to continually work on his craft