How are you going to vote this time around compared to last time?

Magox

How are you going to vote this time compared to last time?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to vote this time compared to last time?

• You voted for Trump last time and you plan on voting for Trump this time
    • You voted for Hillary last time and you plan on voting for Biden this time
    • You voted third party last time and you plan on voting third party this time
    • You didn't vote last time and you don't plan on voting this time
    • You voted third party or for no one last time and you plan on voting Trump this time
    • You voted third party or for no one last time and you plan on voting Biden this time
    • You voted Hillary last time and are voting Trump this time
    • You voted Trump last time and are voting Biden this time
    • You voted Trump last time and are voting 3rd party or no one this time
    • You voted Hillary last time and are voting 3rd party or no one this time

12 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

I held my nose and voted for Trump in 2016. While I respect the fact that millions of Americans died for my right to vote, they also died for my right to not vote, should that be my choice. And this year, that's my choice.

You're 100% correct, and in 2016, I did that opposite - I abstained from the presidential election, and voted only state/county in my district.  I guess I was butt-hurt that my guy, Ted Cruz, didn't get the nomination, and I didn't like the way Trump treated a good guy.  To top it off, I had my best friend telling me to vote for Trump, if for no other reason, than to get more conservative judges in some of these places.  He was right, I was wrong, and I'm sorry I abstained.

I won't abstain this time;  I'll vote for Trump once.  OR, if they do mail-in ballots, I may do it 3500 times, just to make sure I over-wright the left's efforts at the same :P (JOKING - I'm a law-and-order guy).  I HATE it that my friend was right, and I was wrong.  But I live in a state that I knew I could abstain, and we'd still 100% go for Trump.  I just wanted it to be shown that, at THAT time, I was not for him.  I'm now 100% for him, and hope he keeps fighting for US, and the US.

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

You might get your chance in 2024 if Trump wins.

what does dumbass have to do with 2024?  

Absolutely nothing  ...   Wait I stand corrected.

Trump single handedly destroyed the Republican parties image.  It may take decades to restore it.

its  also fun to notice If and not when.   

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Trump single handedly destroyed the Republican parties image.  It may take decades to restore it.

Trump may have done that but the left's brand is as toxic if not more so than Trump's. 

So here we are.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

That was a mistake, he's the guy in the circle.

117783780_3474434585952570_1151339075480554427_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=T8iuy0U_Zv4AX8SBV1-&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=a11b38b1554ff40e72854d6d5aa4c046&oe=5F58642A

Definitely a democrat, makes it look like he is helping, but just getting a free ride.

7 hours ago, RiotAct said:

“Vote Blue No Matter Who” New York.

With the current climate that could change.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Trump may have done that but the left's brand is as toxic if not more so than Trump's. 

So here we are.

Always interesting seeing people that have hated Republicans for years claim that the current Republican President is "destroying" the Republican party.  

If he really is, they should just sit back and enjoy watching somebody they hate turn the reins over to their guys & gals.

• Like (+1) 6

43 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Meaning if Trump beats braindead in the election, Kasich will probably run for President as a Dem in 2024.  He's positioning himself with for it his speech at the DNC.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Do you have memory issues?  The Republican party was in the toilet.  Jr. Proved to be a complete idiot who should have become an artist rather than running for President.  The democrats were wiping the floor with the republicans at every turn and the best answer they had was a devisive mormon.   Trump and the tea party movement happened because the republicans were too scared to stand up for what the party base cared about.  Id say the republicans are in a much better place than they were 4 years ago because without Trump they were never beating the Clintons.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You might get your chance in 2024 if Trump wins.

I strongly disagree. He is such a piece of garbage that he boycotted the convention in his own state, and the president still carried the state by more than 7 points

I have more respect for Bernie Sanders than for that schmuck.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I strongly disagree. He is such a piece of garbage that he boycotted the convention in his own state, and the president still carried the state by more than 7 points

I have more respect for Bernie Sanders than for that schmuck.

Oh yeah, he's a POS.  As I said above, what I was getting at is he's positioning himself to run for President as a Dem in 2024, if Trump wins.  So SSSF might get his chance to vote for him then.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, dpberr said:

Voted for Trump in 2016 largely as an anti-Clinton vote. I'd punt on the presidential vote at the moment. 

It's 2020 and both of the choices are terrible. I'm disappointed that Trump never cared to evolve into the position and he folded in a crisis when one found him.

The Democrats had four years to find a candidate, build a superior platform, and the best they've got is Joe Biden running out the election clock in a basement. 

It's all quite sad.

It's hard to have a platform when you're constantly being attacked by the left. Who here could have accomplished as much as he did while trying to defend himself against lies?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Only if you swallow the propaganda Trump's brand throws your way

By Trump's propaganda, do you mean the murders and burning and looting and beating cops and destroying cities like Seattle, Portland, Chicago and NYC while Democrats pretend it's all peaceful while they gut their police departments?

You mean THAT propaganda?

The Dems are now fully Antifa and BLM, if for no other reason than when asked if they will denounce them, they ALL refuse to say yes. They just walk away and collect their BLM campaign donations. 

That ain't propaganda. That's reality. That's todays Democratic Party. C'mon, man!

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

By Trump's propaganda, do you mean the murders and burning and looting and beating cops and destroying cities like Seattle, Portland, Chicago and NYC while Democrats pretend it's all peaceful while they gut their police departments?

You mean THAT propaganda?

The Dems are now fully Antifa and BLM, if for no other reason than when asked if they will denounce them, they ALL refuse to say yes. They just walk away and collect their BLM campaign donations. 

That ain't propaganda. That's reality. That's todays Democratic Party. C'mon, man!

Antifa is a myth and the violence is from right wing fringe groups.  There's your propaganda straight from Pravda.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

How many will vote in person, mail-in, or absentee?......I will vote in person

In person.  I don't want my ballot harvested.  I just hope I don't die from catching Wuhan virus while doing it. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, westside2 said:

It's hard to have a platform when you're constantly being attacked by the left. Who here could have accomplished as much as he did while trying to defend himself against lies?

Trump has accomplished more than I thought.  Some good, some bad.  But he could have done a lot more if he wasn't so much himself.  He allows the left to attack his actions and words.  They don't need to focus on platform or policy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, snafu said:

Trump has accomplished more than I thought.  Some good, some bad.  But he could have done a lot more if he wasn't so much himself.  He allows the left to attack his actions and words.  They don't need to focus on platform or policy.

They impeached him on bullschiff. How can anyone work with that hanging over your head?

He doesn't allow the dems to attack, they do that pretty well on their own.  He was never given a chance to lead by the left. I don't think any other president could have done as much as he did considering what he had to go through.

Sorry Snafu, that came across a lot harsher than I intended. My apologies. 

Edited by westside2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

They impeached him on bullschiff. How can anyone work with that hanging over your head?

He doesn't allow the dems to attack, they do that pretty well on their own.  He was never given a chance to lead by the left. I don't think any other president could have done as much as he did considering what he had to go through.

Sorry Snafu, that came across a lot harsher than I intended. My apologies. 

It's ok to extort a foreign country for political gain? 

To @Magox, you forgot to add:

"I was too young to vote in 2016 and will still be too young this year."

I'm just afraid your alienating too many of the progressive members here by not giving them a chance to vote.... 

As for me, yeah, I voted for Trump last time, and I even made the switch this year from Constitution Party (about the last 20 years) back to Republican and will of course vote Trump again this year. 

To me, the Democrat Party is now so morally and ethically corrupt I'm not sure I will ever vote for one again. As a Constitutional Originalist, I really expect the Democrats to try and declare the Constitution obsolete when they get the House, Senate, and POTUS back again. And I'll be damned if I will be a party to that, even at the lowest level of government.

I will however be one of the marching on DC when it happens though... ?

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, westside2 said:

Has President Trump achieved positive things for the good of the country?  Yes.  Probably more than most citizens think he has because it gets lost in the daily Trump churn.  

The wheels fell off though with the virus response, IMO.  Before you ask me if I think Joe Biden would have done any better, no I don't think that in the slightest. 

I think America is choosing between two ineffective leaders in moments of crisis.  One is weirdly indifferent, the other hides.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do you have memory issues?  The Republican party was in the toilet.  Jr. Proved to be a complete idiot who should have become an artist rather than running for President.  The democrats were wiping the floor with the republicans at every turn and the best answer they had was a devisive mormon.   Trump and the tea party movement happened because the republicans were too scared to stand up for what the party base cared about.  Id say the republicans are in a much better place than they were 4 years ago because without Trump they were never beating the Clintons.

I've said it before in other threads but it bears repeating -- it's amazing that people who pay attention to politics enough to post on PPP don't see the larger picture. Trump's entire first two years in office were spent gutting the GOP from within of the establishment turncoats. Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House and under 50 years old, stepped down "willingly" from power in the party. That didn't happen in a vacuum. It was part of a deliberate cleaning house strategy by Trump's team to rid the party of turncoats. The infestation was so deep that it took, or will take, two (House) election cycles to make it happen. 30+ GOP congressmen were shown the door or otherwise removed -- and one particularly evil senator from Arizona. That broke the establishment hold on the GOP and weakened the party in the short term (ie the 2018 midterms) but was a necessary step in the process. 

When/If Trump gets a second term, and when/if they retain control of the Senate and possibly the House, you'll see a very unified and different GOP in action. And with Barr and Durham waiting, it'll be the DNC's turn to get routed. The difference will be while Trump did the GOP cleaning largely behind the scenes, the DNC cleanup will be very public and embarrassing for them and their supporters. 

• Like (+1) 7

Make it 14 B-Man !

I didn't trust the Orange Man first time around, didn't think he'd do things the way he's done them. Good for him and for us he has been there. Never thought I would say that 4 yrs ago, but I for one am glad to be wrong. I liked Cruz. No Republican would have withstood what he has dealt with. 

I have the same problems reasonable people have with him but am thankful he's our President currently.

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/12/2020 at 12:04 AM, RiotAct said:

Trump last time, Trump this time.   Although it doesn’t make a lick of difference in “Vote Blue No Matter Who” New York.

I'd be interested to hear opinions on here about NY adapting Maine and Nebraska's system of dividing up electoral votes by congressional district.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd be interested to hear opinions on here about NY adapting Maine and Nebraska's system of dividing up electoral votes by congressional district.

In the case of NY and CA it would mean some electoral votes would count Republican. In the 435 House electoral votes my concern would be the districts that are heavily gerrymandered.

4 hours ago, ALF said:

In the case of NY and CA it would mean some electoral votes would count Republican. In the 435 House electoral votes my concern would be the districts that are heavily gerrymandered.

I would agree with this. It works in lower population states like Maine and Nebraska, but would be a cluster in larger population states that are heavily gerrymandered like Illinois, Maryland, Pennsyltucky, NY, etc.

After the election in 2016 the conventional wisdom was all Hillary needed to do was not insult half the electorate by calling them deplorables and she very likely would have won.  It didn't affect my vote as I went third party in 2016 and disliked Trump and Hillary equally.

If Trump wins again the conventional wisdom will be... all they needed to do was not spy on Trump's campaign and then attempt a soft coup once he took office.  I very strongly dislike Donald Trump the person, but the Dems managed to criminally !@#$ up so badly this time that it's actually made it easy for me to vote for him and not vote 3rd party again.

• Thank you (+1) 1