How are you going to vote this time around compared to last time?

Magox

How are you going to vote this time compared to last time?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to vote this time compared to last time?

• You voted for Trump last time and you plan on voting for Trump this time
    • You voted for Hillary last time and you plan on voting for Biden this time
    • You voted third party last time and you plan on voting third party this time
    • You didn't vote last time and you don't plan on voting this time
    • You voted third party or for no one last time and you plan on voting Trump this time
    • You voted third party or for no one last time and you plan on voting Biden this time
    • You voted Hillary last time and are voting Trump this time
    • You voted Trump last time and are voting Biden this time
    • You voted Trump last time and are voting 3rd party or no one this time
    • You voted Hillary last time and are voting 3rd party or no one this time

9 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I held my nose and voted for Trump in 2016. While I respect the fact that millions of Americans died for my right to vote, they also died for my right to not vote, should that be my choice. And this year, that's my choice.

George Carlin does a great bit on why he never votes, and it makes sense

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm taking a hard pass this time around. Not like my vote matters in NJ anyway.

But at least I'll have a clean conscience.

The flip side of the argument is that even though the vote doesn’t matter in a deep blue state, it removes the popular vote argument and takes the air out of the Electoral College abolition movement.  That’s far more important.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I voted for the Libertarian goofball last time (mostly because I would have found it incredibly amusing if they had hit the vote threshold to get federal funding.)

Going to vote Trump this time, just to try to screw with the bullcrap 'popular vote' nonsense the Democrats have been spewing since the day *she* wasn't supposed to lose.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For the last election I wrote in for SMOD. There was no way I could vote for a money-laundering ***** like Clinton and I simply couldn't vote for the carnival barker on the GOP ticket.  I hated the way the GOP debates played out, and was pissed they were letting a pig like Trump be on the GOP ticket.

The biggest reason I like him is because he makes the left piss their pants in such an embarrassing manner. He has exposed a lot of garbage, both right and left, and I think he's done more good than harm.

I still don't like Trump and am not convinced I will vote for him this time either because as much as I love watching the left lose their mind, I just don't trust the mf'er. 

We'll see what happens over the next few months, especially if a SCOTUS seat opens up.

• Like (+1) 1

By the time '16 rolled around couldn't see any way to EVER vote for Clinton.  Also, couldn't see any way to vote for Trump as his personality which had been on the national stage since the '80's was waaaay too narcissistic for my liking and his way of speaking and his multiple bankruptcies made me convinced he'd be awful as well.

Went independent write in.

Haven't locked in a vote for 45 yet but am leaning heavily that way.   After him showing in his 1st year he was far better than I'd feared said that provided the economy was good & we weren't in any new wars would vote for him.  Prior to the black swan that is COVID, the economy was going good.  We also seem to be headed in the right direction, but it's hard to say for sure because it is so easy for places to get reclosed.  So, he gets a penciled in check on that front.  3 more months 9f no new wars and he checks that other criterion as well.

Can't vote for someone that probably doesn't fully realize he's running for president.

If nothing significant changes will be voting for 45.  If something does change for the worse would go independent again.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted Trump last time because of my indescribable loathing of Hillary. I was pleased at things like his judicial appointments and rolling back of all the Obama-era regulations, and my 401K/IRA have doubled since 2016. I will absolutely be voting for Trump again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

For the last election I wrote in for SMOD. There was no way I could vote for a money-laundering ***** like Clinton and I simply couldn't vote for the carnival barker on the GOP ticket.  I hated the way the GOP debates played out, and was pissed they were letting a pig like Trump be on the GOP ticket.

The biggest reason I like him is because he makes the left piss their pants in such an embarrassing manner. He has exposed a lot of garbage, both right and left, and I think he's done more good than harm.

I still don't like Trump and am not convinced I will vote for him this time either because as much as I love watching the left lose their mind, I just don't trust the mf'er. 

We'll see what happens over the next few months, especially if a SCOTUS seat opens up.

For me it's a "lesser of two evils is still evil" thing.

• Like (+1) 1

You voted third party or for no one last time and you plan on voting Trump this time   --   6          (so far)

There is the difference this year.

Many people were turned off by Trump's crudeness (understandably) in 2016

But after watching the democrats for the past 4 years, it is hard to see how any thinking person could vote for Biden.

• Like (+1) 9

Wrote in my wife’s name last time. 

I’ll write her name in again this time. 

That way I don’t feel like I am throwing away my vote. I think she’d do a great job. No, she’s not watching me type this.

• Haha (+1) 2

Voted for Trump in 2016 largely as an anti-Clinton vote. I'd punt on the presidential vote at the moment. 

It's 2020 and both of the choices are terrible. I'm disappointed that Trump never cared to evolve into the position and he folded in a crisis when one found him.

The Democrats had four years to find a candidate, build a superior platform, and the best they've got is Joe Biden running out the election clock in a basement. 

It's all quite sad.

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

A SCOTUS seat is sure to open up prior to 2024.

As for me, voted for Barry the first time and then saw the way the country was going and vowed never to vote Dem again. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm waiting on the debates, tbh. I question the integrity of our government, election process, and the candidates themselves. This race is a hard one, as I think joth side are offering questionable options. 

I would say that it would be interesting if Trump changed his running mate to Tulsi Gabbard. 

Also, I'm in CA, so my vote doesn't matter, even if it did matter, ha! This state has suppressed Republican votes and manufactures Democrat votes if the real tally isn't what Sactown wants. Literally, one of the most corrupt state governments in the nation. 

So, the answer is... Voted for Trump last time, and am not voting in California again, as they have rigged the elections completely. See, the OC polling from election night 2018  and then the "mail-in" ballots overturning all Republican wins, after election night. I have lost almost all faith in the US election system. 

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 2