Noose Found in Bubba Wallace's Garage: UPDATE - No Hate Crime, Per FBI

Gugny

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I certainly hope the garage pull story is correct, and the end of this. However don't for a minute there isn't racism at play in the NASCAR culture:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nascar/news/bubba-wallace-noose-mike-skinner/tl4wwe3qo3ih1k3jmrf64w62w

But nothing to see here. 

I must admit I'm a bit curious what Wallace did to destroy the sport? Just being Black? By getting the Confederate Flag banned? What does that have to do with racing?

holy crow

there is racism where you want to find it. people are the same the world over. they lurk in your backyard if you are looking for it.

this is a non story, is that so hard to see? cripes.

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Again ... Bubba Wallace had exactly 0% to do with the discovery, or the report, of the noose.

Again, did I say he did? NO.

The Look ay me parade  refers to the NASCAR execs, trying to look woke without  doing any investigation first.. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

Of course I am. But I'm not one to gin outrage at the first sign of anything, either. I like to hear the facts before I project righteous anger.

I'm guessing a noose, however unintentionally placed, doesn't carry the same historical weight with you as it would with others. And I'd think about that before I went around mocking what folks consider 'righteous anger'.

Just now, Foxx said:

think any might want to... you know... have a plate of crow?

Nope. I'm a frayed knot.

P.S. I'm not involved in this particular dust up. I just really, really needed to get that out.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Safe to say that MAYBE 2% of these are fake? It’s odd to chime in immediately after the initial post believing that it is the 1 out of 50. That’s just a bad look. Don’t be a victim shamer. Spend a few minutes in the mirror asking if that’s the guy you want to be?

You also have to question if these episodes defeat the point by crying wolf one too many times. 

This marks the third highly publicized case in a week of a racist noose that turned into a non-event. 

I don’t care if it’s the noose, or Ed Oliver or some other situation. THIS is why we should let it play out and learn the facts before passing judgment. What the heck did we really know here? Or with Ed? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

sure. stick to a hardened position of which you were ultimately wrong about. it's a good look.

Its not much of a look to yell "hoax" within minutes of the news breaking with zero supporting information or reasoning while simultaneously chastising everyone else for rushing to judgement.  People's reactions reflected that.   

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

Ironic. People in this very thread were ready to leap at the opportunity to tear someone to shreds. Not very empathetic behavior, wouldn't you agree?

Tear who to shreds?  No one was accused.  Are you white knighting for a nameless, faceless, hypothetical racist?

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

Ironic. People in this very thread were ready to leap at the opportunity to tear someone to shreds. Not very empathetic behavior, wouldn't you agree?

There are certain positions that you can be empathetic towards. You should empathize with the VICTIMS!!! In this case, there were no victims. That’s a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am glad that it finally came out as a false racist incidence.

As I wrote in the other forum, It was always mystifying to me that these garage pulls were misinterpreted.

NASCAR should have realized this immediately and not let it get this far.

I appreciate what Gugny has repeated, That this is NOT Wallace's fault whatsoever,

But I am afraid that the powers that be probably thought they could work on NASCAR's reputation (see the first three pages of this thread.)

ADDED: I admitted when I was wrong, it is a shame that other posters cannot man up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Nah, I'm white knighting for reasoned, logic-driven reaction to situations instead of hysteria.

Let's be clear: what you are doing is taking it upon yourself to cast aspersions on folks who reacted to a story and attributing to them some ill intent, rather than accepting them at face value.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I am glad that it finally came out as a false racist incidence.

As I wrote in the other forum, It was always mystifying to me that these garage pulls were misinterpreted.

NASCAR should have realized this immediately and not let it get this far.

I appreciate what Gugny has repeated, That this is NOT Wallace's fault whatsoever,

But I am afraid that the powers that be probably thought they could work on NASCAR's reputation (see the first three pages of this thread.)

ADDED: I admitted when I was wrong, it is a shame that other posters cannot man up.

Please explain who in your mind should be 'manning up'

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

so... virtue signaling then? 

it's all i got at this point...

Some would argue that calling another out for virtue signalling is an act of virtue signalling.  While others would argue that virtue signalling is so over used and has strayed so far from its hazy origin that it has no particular meaning at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Some would argue that calling another out for virtue signalling is an act of virtue signalling.  While others would argue that virtue signalling is so over used and has strayed so far from its hazy origin that it has no particular meaning at this point.

lol.

i tried to give him an out in the previous two posts, but then you knew that.

2 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Those people are part of a crowd that does that very thing constantly. Casting aspersions on anyone and anything remotely considered racist.  This tweet summarizes my view on today's America:

Your view on today's America is that supporting racial equality and free speech are the purview of the right wing? Or that it's weird that views and societies evolve over time? 

13 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Here's a decent write up...

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3858453/posts

Nice.

Why was loop cut off, though? In the current picture.

The author seems to stop short at the end. I feel like any curious investigator would want to know the circumstances around the noose being cut off and where it was placed... 

Edited by LeGOATski

Despite it apparently being a false alarm, it’s VERY encouraging to see the level of support he received from all involved. I’ll take this as an unintended positive. Sometimes what looks like a bad thing turns out to really be a good thing. The sport was able to pivot quickly, make itself better and show a good example. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's good if this is just someone being an idiot and seeing something that wasn't there. I don't really change my opinion on the act as originally reported being something that'd be sad and stupid. It's great if it didn't happen some of the reactions/responses from the whole event not so much but it was good of NASCAR to stand with someone they thought was targeted.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Your view on today's America is that supporting racial equality and free speech are the purview of the right wing? Or that it's weird that views and societies evolve over time? 

Yet, is it really a result of evolving?

Maybe it's always been that way and some never noticed.

4 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

You seem like a reasonable guy though, so perhaps not all is lost on that side of the aisle. I have more than a few friends who adhere to some really lefty thinking. I love them personally, even though they can be preachy.

Honestly on most issues, I lean right, vote right. You wouldn't believe so by my posts in the PPP, but I just like calling out the bull#### and trying to create an actual discussion out of it. There just happen to be many more righties in that forum than lefties. I'll stop short there, since I don't want to make this thread political.

• Like (+1) 2

I've gone and read a few articles now that the FBI's investigation has concluded and this still seems weird to me...

Not one article discusses why the rope was cut or where it was found.

Where are the details? Maybe more will come out in time. If someone finds a detailed article please post here.