Noose Found in Bubba Wallace's Garage: UPDATE - No Hate Crime, Per FBI

Gugny

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I return to offer my Mea Culpa for my earlier post in this thread.

As multiple posters pointed out it was pretty damn hypocritical of me to call for a waiting for judgement,

when I had posted a skeptical reply right at the beginning of the thread.

I have no good excuse.  I reacted to the post from the Dean, that made assumptions about me that weren't remotely true

and I replied too quickly with an ill-thought out mess.

Racial hoaxes have been all too frequent in the news lately and I would still like to see the investigation go forward before innocent people, on any side, are declared guilty.

Thank you  

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Duke lacrosse anyone?

No one has been accused of anything.    

Just now, B-Man said:

As multiple posters pointed out it was pretty damn hypocritical of me to call for a waiting for judgement,

I have no good excuse.  I reacted to the post from the Dean, that made assumptions about me that weren't remotely true

Racial hoaxes have been all too frequent in the news lately and I would still like to see the investigation go forward before innocent people, on any side, are declared guilty.

Thank you  

No one has even been accused.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

No one has been accused of anything.    

No one has even been accused.

Well.............without trying to draw myself back in, 

There are three posts on the first page that accuse white southerners of being "responsible"

Which is fine, this IS a message board, but I don't believe that your reply holds true.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Pretty sure this wasn't his idea.

Never said it was. They should do that  For drivers who come back after horrific crashes. 
Let the investigation proceed. About 90 percent If these are people  drawing attention to them selves or their cause. 

Edited by Wacka

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Well.............without trying to draw myself back in, 

There are three posts on the first page that accuse white southerners of being "responsible"

Which is fine, this IS a message board, but I don't believe that your reply holds true.

Nonsense. Yours was the FIRST response in the thread. No accusation against Southerners was made by the OP or ANY other poster in the first page. One poster suggested Confederate Flag waving Nascar fans, and another the historic white culture of the sport, make this less than surprising. (My mishmash translation. I'm in a hurry)

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Never repaid it was. They should do that  For drivers who come back after horrific crashes. 
Let the investigation proceed.E e About 90 percent If these arePeople  drawing attention to them selves or their cause. 

90%? Really? Where the hell does that come from?

Let's assume some are doing it for real support. Some due to peer pressure. Some for "attention" (though I'm not sure what kind of attention one of the many participants is going to get).  But how do you decide who is who, and then calculate the percentages?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Thank you  

We all have posts we regret.  Mine was saying we picked the wrong Josh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Maybe I'm just reading the wrong news.  Do you have any examples of recent racial hoaxes?

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

back to the dungeon with you

go back to the shadows you vile demon-beast! - Gandalf You Shall ...

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Thank you  

So wait the post you regret isn't the one immediately crying hoax, it's the one calling for patience?

Really GIF | Gfycat

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Maybe I'm just reading the wrong news.  Do you have any examples of recent racial hoaxes?

Well, obviously besides Smollet and Covington High.

https://www.creators.com/read/walter-williams/04/20/manipulation-through-racial-hoaxes

https://nypost.com/2019/02/21/the-list-of-bogus-hate-crimes-in-trump-era-is-long/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/02/jussie-smollett-and-long-history-racial-hoaxes/583498/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Safe to say that MAYBE 2% of these are fake? It’s odd to chime in immediately after the initial post believing that it is the 1 out of 50. That’s just a bad look. Don’t be a victim shamer. Spend a few minutes in the mirror asking if that’s the guy you want to be?

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Safe to say that MAYBE 2% of these are fake? It’s odd to chime in immediately after the initial post believing that it is the 1 out of 50. That’s just a bad look. Don’t be a victim shamer. Spend a few minutes in the mirror asking if that’s the guy you want to be?

What always gets me shaking my head is when people who I've never heard complain about discrimination against African Americans, Women, LGBT. etc get ALL worked up about some event of "reverse discrimination". I say (or think), "Seriously, you're worried because this ONE white person didn't get into a school, while a person from one of these historically under-represented groups with a slightly lower SAT score got in? Where you complaining about the bigger, more ubiquitous discrimination before this?"  They ignore the BIG issue and most of the cases, and focusing on the oddball minutiae instead. The outliers. The same way a few here approach the science and medicine surrounding Covid 19.

And for the record, I'm not referring to B-Man specifically as I don't even know the person and I won't use a couple sloppy remarks to label someone.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/22/2020 at 12:17 AM, B-Man said:

ill-take-things-5c5248.jpg

On 6/22/2020 at 12:20 AM, Gugny said:

So I guess this is fake news, huh?

dunno what happened but not long ago there was this guy named Juicy Smollette...