Noose Found in Bubba Wallace's Garage: UPDATE - No Hate Crime, Per FBI

Gugny

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope the garage pull story is correct, and the end of this. However don't for a minute there isn't racism at play in the NASCAR culture:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nascar/news/bubba-wallace-noose-mike-skinner/tl4wwe3qo3ih1k3jmrf64w62w

"Frankly I wish they would've tied [the noose] to [Wallace] and drug him around the pits because he has single handedly destroyed what I grew up watching and cared about for 30 years now."

But nothing to see here. 

I must admit I'm a bit curious what Wallace did to destroy the sport? Just being Black? By getting the Confederate Flag banned? What does that have to do with racing?

Edited by The Dean
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I certainly hope the garage pull story is correct, and the end of this. However don't for a minute there isn't racism at play in the NASCAR culture:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nascar/news/bubba-wallace-noose-mike-skinner/tl4wwe3qo3ih1k3jmrf64w62w

But nothing to see here. 

I must admit I'm a bit curious what Wallace did to destroy the sport? Just being Black? By getting the Confederate Flag banned? What does that have to do with racing?

He's been an outspoken advocate and activist for right turns in NASCAR.  Its controversial to say the least.   

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Bingo! Look at me parade.

Look at WHO? For a look at me parade, you must think there is someone, or multiple someones, who purposefully organized this for publicity. Got any names or evidence?

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Why would anybody be disappointed that a hate crime actually hadn't been committed?

Agreed. What an idiotic statement. The entire thing was, in the end, a good thing. The reported threat (I guess) was found to be an innocent mistake. Nevertheless, NASCAR banded together to backup the only African American currently driving.  What reason is there to be disappointed

?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Adam Carolla  has made a bunch of documentaries about racing,  His subjects included Paul Newman, Shelby and Ford vs Lemans  (finished his before the recent movie was made).  His most recent one is about Willie T Ribbs, the black NASCAR driver.  Was  done with the full cooperation of Ribbs  and Ribbs has also appeared to  promote it. It's called Uppity.   Ribbs wanted to call it Uppity N*****,  what they sometimes called him,  but Carolla  talked him out of it.  Waiting for some stupid woke SJWs to sratart going after  Carolla.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1