Internally there’s some love for Tee Higgins

If we didn’t already have a good slot WR and burner outside WR, Higgins might not be the guy we should be targeting at 22, but when you look at what we need for Allen.... Higgins, outside of Lamb, might be the best match this offseason. 

I’ll tell you one thing... Higgins catches that TD that Duke dropped against Houston....

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

We have a long history of drafting good WRs but things are different in the WR Diva Era of today.  

“The Process” will be important in bringing in the right player, talent is just part of it.  

Right but did he get into an argument with his coach about a coat?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Higgins, outside of Lamb, might be the best match this offseason. 

I would also put Jeudy and Ruggs first, by a mile. But I have come around to the idea that if we can't get any of the top 3 WRs, Higgins is the next best thing for our offense. I can't get excited about any other WR at pick 22. Higgins could finally be the size AND hands combo that this offense desperately lacked last year. I think Allen naturally wants to throw the ball to his tallest receiver if Duke Williams against Houston is any indication. Higgins would be his favorite target.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t understand why many here have such a negative opinion of Higgins.  OK, he is probably not in the Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs tier, but he sure looks like a very good prospect still.

The Bills are positioned in the bottom 1/3 of each round - not the top 1/3 as we grew used to for many years.  The prospects available at that spot are different than what we are used to.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

can you point out that one trick for me ? 

is it making all the plays ?  

I don't know maybe I'm wrong but he definitely seemed to be beating guys and creating space in a few different ways, adjusted to the throw really well, and when he did have speed on someone he seemed to know it and use it to his advantage. Though it is a highlight tape.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know maybe I'm wrong but he definitely seemed to be beating guys and creating space in a few different ways, adjusted to the throw really well, and when he did have speed on someone he seemed to know it and use it to his advantage. Though it is a highlight tape.

I see the lovechild of Mike Evans and Jarvis Landry.      Get er done 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If we didn’t already have a good slot WR and burner outside WR, Higgins might not be the guy we should be targeting at 22, but when you look at what we need for Allen.... Higgins, outside of Lamb, might be the best match this offseason. 

I’ll tell you one thing... Higgins catches that TD that Duke dropped against Houston....

Tee is the guy for me.  He’s big with good hands and radius.  Let’s see his speed.  If he’s 4.5 we’ll have to go get him at 16.  I can’t see the GM waiting to see if he drops.  If he’s closer to 4.6, he may be there at 22.  I think he’s better for us than some the marquee guys.  Go Bills!!  

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not with the WR position...

Brown and Beasley are a good start.  He failed year 1 with KB being his only add in a tear down season.  Did well very last season getting Beasley and brown on very team friendly contracts that both outperformed imo.  

he hasn’t taken many swings.  That’s probably his biggest issue with WR.

2 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

So...I'm guessing Albright may be the insider who passed the same info on to Joe Marino at the Combine...

We'll see I guess...?

What info did Joe Marino pass on?