Olsen to Seattle!

BillsMafi$

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hope you’re right.  He’s got the athleticism. Just needs the focus and hands 

I agree!  The Bills don't throw to their TE's all that much.  In 2019 the Tight Ends - all 4 - got 82 targets with 46 receptions.  Olsen in 2019 in 14 games had the same number of targets and 52 receptions.  In 6 years during his career he was getting way over 100+ targets a season.   That's not our game and why pay 7 mil for a nice story, 1 year reunion?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m happy. I never wanted Olsen.  It would have been a mistake give; the age and injury history.  I’d rather pay more for Hooper.  8-10 years guys.  Knox will grow with him and we have a 12 personnel package along with Williams so we now have size balanced with the smurfs of Brown and Beasley.

I’d have been happy with the right deal. We would have it solved for a year, and not have to be desperate for Hooper or another guy while we see who does or doesn’t develop. I’m also fine with it not working out, since we can do something more long term. 

Life offers a lot of options and paths. If one doesn’t work out, sometimes it’s for the best. I’m excited for what else might happen. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

McD isn’t Pete Carroll. Not yet at least.

Russell Wilson made him? He’s never started from nothing?

What are you even talking about? ?He drafted Wilson and made a bold decision to start him as a rookie. Does he get any credit for developing him? 

Guy won a Super Bowl. McD hasn’t even won a playoff game yet. ?

If Tyler Kroft is on the team his base salary will be only $2.5 million less than Olsens..... guy was a waste of a contract yet people suggest $7 Million is way too much for Olsen. 

Hey, I never looked at it that way! Let's follow up one bad mistake with an even more colossal one.?

This team is close, very close. Stop going after other teams throw a ways and start locking up young talented contributors instead of one year over priced rentals. 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It remains to be see if Russel will be better then Allen next year......one has peaked and one is making jump's in production year to year.

I would have liked to have Olson but its not a season killer or anything.....just need to continue being aggressive pursuing offensive talent.

Yikes man.

• Haha (+1) 1

Happy he didn't sign here. I think Knox and Kroft will work out fine. I think they'll combine to get 80 receptions and 12 tds. We need to concentrate on finding a wr, rb, lb and de more than te.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It remains to be see if Russel will be better then Allen next year......one has peaked and one is making jump's in production year to year.

I would have liked to have Olson but its not a season killer or anything.....just need to continue being aggressive pursuing offensive talent.

Man, I need a pair of those Josh Allen colored sunglasses you have.

?

6 hours ago, QCity said:

Bullet dodged.

Not much value in giving a young QB a 35yr-old band-aid that's going to struggle to stay on the field. Fix the position correctly. 

This.

4 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

I'm pretty relieved.  While I like what McBeane have accomplished overall, I don't trust them when it comes to former Panthers.  

Me either. But with team turnover at the highest it’s ever been, those Carolina days on McBeane are fast fading in the rear view mirror.

6 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

On one hand you have a Super Bowl caliper coach, with multiple appearances and a win. 

On the other, a coach who cracks under pressure and can’t get over the hump to beat a divisional rival. Plays conservative to the point of recklessness. 

Which one would you chose?

B8611262-C2ED-4B13-AF5A-A8AD4E2BB5F2.jpeg

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I’d have been happy with the right deal. We would have it solved for a year, and not have to be desperate for Hooper or another guy while we see who does or doesn’t develop. I’m also fine with it not working out, since we can do something more long term. 

Life offers a lot of options and paths. If one doesn’t work out, sometimes it’s for the best. I’m excited for what else might happen. 

Augie, I understand.  I’m of the opinion a longer term solution overall makes us stronger for long term success.  I know a number of people are happy with a short term fix.  I’d just rather pay for a Hooper or Henry if he were not injured as often as he has been for the last couple of years.  As always, I appreciate you’re take.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Greg Olsen is now dead to me. Dead. 

Not only that but I hope he has a HORRIBLE season , and comes in DEAD last in receptions out of all the starting TE’s 

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Hey, I never looked at it that way! Let's follow up one bad mistake with an even more colossal one.?

This team is close, very close. Stop going after other teams throw a ways and start locking up young talented contributors instead of one year over priced rentals. 

Given what Olsen produced last year and his lifetime body of work, I don't think signing him would have been a colossal mistake.  I think teams that are close need to look for talent all over the place - other team's throw aways, FA, draft , trade.

If Beane had a price and Seattle out-bid him, I'm fine with that.

If Seattle looked like a more desirable spot to him because Wilson, I'm fine with that too.  I do think the level of competition in the Seattle TE room may be lower.

Statistically it looks a bit better, but Allen has thrown down that he loves him some Dawson Knox.  Anyone coming in has to win over that (I don't think a stud player would find that concerning, they be like "Who's the Daddy now", but I'm not an aging stud player).

I'm not sure that Seattle is in a better spot than we are as far as competing for a championship.

We have to get through NE, but this year the 49ers threw down "you all have to get through us"

Seattle had the #22 ranked D in the NFL last season and that's down from #11 and #13 the two years before.