Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BillsMafi$

Olsen to Seattle!

Recommended Posts

Per Adam Shefter 

Former Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen is signing a one-year, $7 million deal that includes $5.5M gtd with the Seahawks, per source. Olsen visited and negotiated with Buffalo, Seattle and Washington but felt most comfortable with the Seahawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Olsen really liked Buffalo and Washington, and strongly considered both. But the lure of playing with Russell Wilson in Seattle was just too strong. Olsen takes a 1-year, $7 million deal with the Seahawks.
 

-Shefter 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should fill all that production they lost from Jimmy Graham.  Good signing.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Greg Olsen really liked Buffalo and Washington, and strongly considered both. But the lure of playing with Russell Wilson in Seattle was just too strong. Olsen takes a 1-year, $7 million deal with the Seahawks.
 

-Shefter 

 

I can’t blame a receiver for wanting to play with the best, most established QB, but I wonder if some aspect of the contract was also a “thing”?

We did hear Olsen was gonna announce on Friday, then “negotiating with all 3 teams”

 

Sometimes that can mean “I’m waiting to see if you’ll match my best offer”.

 

Course “you’re my first choice QB and I really want to play with you, Russ” sounds better.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes sense. It’s a good number for him and would have been a good number for the Bills. You could have cut Kroft and signed Olsen for very little difference. Oh well, would have been nice but you can’t fault the guy for that decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Greg Olsen really liked Buffalo and Washington, and strongly considered both. But the lure of playing with Russell Wilson in Seattle was just too strong. Olsen takes a 1-year, $7 million deal with the Seahawks.
 

-Shefter 

This tells me we don’t have a good enough QB to attract FA’s... 😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a huge loss in my opinion.  We needed Olsen to take the next step in 2020.  We haven't had that X Factor since Percy Harvin retired or went to jail or whatever happened to him and Olsen would've fit that role perfectly for the 4 games a year hes healthy.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JaCrispy said:

This tells me we don’t have a good enough QB to attract FA’s...

Breaking News: Josh Allen isn’t as good as Russell Wilson.

 

 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

This is a huge loss in my opinion.  We needed Olsen to take the next step in 2020.  We haven't had that X Factor since Percy Harvin retired or went to jail or whatever happened to him and Olsen would've fit that role perfectly for the 4 games a year hes healthy.  

Percy Harvin got a migraine and then retired. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

This tells me we don’t have a good enough QB to attract FA’s...

This signing and their W-L record the past 10 years tell me Seattle is better than Buffalo and Olsen's chances of winning a championship improve by playing on a better team.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JaCrispy said:

This tells me we don’t have a good enough QB to attract FA’s...

Considering he was looking at Washington I don't think QB was truly a factor. I'd imagine money and/or spotlight were the actual factors.,

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should go after Hooper. Atlanta's cap situation will make it difficult for the Falcons to retain him.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Per Adam Shefter 

Former Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen is signing a one-year, $7 million deal that includes $5.5M gtd with the Seahawks, per source. Olsen visited and negotiated with Buffalo, Seattle and Washington but felt most comfortable with the Seahawks.

With that GTD number yep I am fine with it. Go get Henry or Hooper. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Considering he was looking at Washington I don't think QB was truly a factor. I'd imagine money and/or spotlight were the actual factors.,

He looked at Washington because of his coach.

 

He also decided to not go there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hoped we’d sign him but he’s not the only fish in the sea.  Just hope we can add another tight end that is better than Dawson Knox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Beane dropped the ball. So done with this team. 

 

Cheer up!  Maybe he will bring Joe Staley in as TE this summer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

This tells me we don’t have a good enough QB to attract FA’s...

 

What were John Brown and Cole Beasley?

 

There’s a bit of space between “Josh Allen is not as good as Russ Wilson” and “We don’t have a good enough QB to attract FA’s”

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...