Who Is Your Least Favorite Bill of All Time ... and Why?

Gugny

4 hours ago, Special K said:

He spiked the ball with 8 seconds left in the game....if he was smart enough to wait a few more seconds to spike it, the FG would have been the last play of the game and Music City Miracle never happens. Just sayin’.

Hunh? No.

The last play wasn't a spike. They faked spiking it and ended up running a play, and Rob Johnson without a shoe and with his ankle tape trailing behind him threw a completion to Price who went out of bounds with 20 seconds left, and that was when they kicked the FG.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Agree 100% but I did not like the way he forced the trade after he blossomed as an LT here after being converted from a TE.

Peters didn't force the trade. He attempted to force them to pay him what he was worth. Said in his Philly intro press conference that he was shocked by the trade, that after they didn't give him a new contract that he expected to play out his Bills contract and then go elsewhere.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

I'm with ya on this one. He was a reason I didnt like the Beasley signing. Another undersized, undertalented, bring your lunch pail to work white wr... great I thought. Luckily, Beasley is much better than Hogan.

Their games couldn’t be more different. Or their sizes. Or anything, really.

Cole is 5’8. Hogan is 5 inches taller. Cole is a slot player. Hogan almost exclusively plays the boundary.

Phil Villapiano. The whole time he was here he complained about being here. His only memorable quote was "Buffalo may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from there." I was glad to see him gone. He sucked anyways.

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

Current bills, I’ll go with lee smith. While seems like a nice guy can’t stand his penalties and the fact he adds virtually no threat in the passing game 

He is one of the best, if not THE best blocking TE in the NFL. They didn't sign him to split the safeties deep anyways. Also, he doesn't drop passes.

3 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Michael Jasper, simply because of all the threads I had to read on the OBD forum about how great he was going to be.

Slowest Bill ever and after 2 seasons, he still didn't even know the playbook.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Tough one. Donte Whitner and Mcgahee come to mind. 

Cody, funny as that was my gut reaction with McGahee.  The OP asked why.  He was given a chance and taken in the 1st round after having that horrible knee injury in the Bowl game, doesn’t play for a year, and then did contribute, but tried so hard to get out.  Then repeatedly trashes Buffalo, the city, not just the team.

He has absolutely no appreciation for the risk Donahue took choosing him in the 1st, when no one would have even drafted him.  I personally thought he lost his mind taking him in the first, and proves why were in hell that decade.  One bad decision after another.

Shady is the guy I’d be least likely to have a beer with. 

Sammy is the guy I wouldn’t draft in a pick up game. 

The most disliked?

Probably Hogan. He has that ugly LAX BRO face and I’m sure the attitude that goes with it. 9 yard hook on 3 and 10 made the catch flat on his belly. ?

• Like (+1) 2

Aaron Maybin -- I guess it wasn't his fault that our organization was stupid enough to spend a first round draft pick on him -- but I still  can't believe that we actually wasted such a premium pick on that guy! It made my blood pressure rise every time I saw him in a Bills uniform.  He is at the very least in contention for the honor of being our worst draft pick ever & is my least favorite player of all time on the Bills.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

"Doug" won ten games like Tyrod got us to the playoffs and like Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

Doug didn't win *****.

I will never, ever get the Flutie hate. He was a fun QB to watch and exceeded his expectations and the team won when he was the QB -- a lot. That same team had a far different energy when RJ was under center, and he could never figure out how not to get sacked (doesn't he have the highest sack per dropback rate?). Also, if memory serves, there was a lot of talk about Buffalo moving that quieted down when Flutie went on his run. As for the playoff game, he was AWFUL in that game and if you're going to make the game manager atgument, it's just as logical to say Flutie might have had them ahead by a large enough margin that the forward lateral would never have happened. You don't have to be a fan, but why hate?!

My choice would have to ultimately be Incognito, having been bullied a lot of my childhood, but even then, I was able to rationalize rooting for him when he was on the team. Did not love RJ or JP at the time, but in retrospect, have nothing really against them, and the latter seemed like a nice enough guy (or at least wanted to do some good things for Buffalo). 

John Fina almost knocked me down when I was at Kelly's club and afterwards gave me a dirty look, so I wasn't fond of him for a long time, but later he (and a couple other players) had a deal with the record store where I worked and he would come in and we would talk music for hours and he was engagingly friendly.   

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

For anyone else old enough to remember him, I find it hard to imagine anyone saying anything but Billy Joe Hobert.

A backup QB put into the game on injury, he was awful and afterwards admitted he hadn't bothered preparing. Jackass.

#2 Marshawn and #3 Mike Williams and #4 McGahee.

Yeah, BJH is a good point. Forgot about that point, but was pretty redfaced about him at the time. What QB does not learn the playbook?!?!

Edited by thurst44
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I guess I'm in the minority who actually liked Flutie.  Maybe that's Argonauts fan in me.

Nah, I think it's 50/50. It's just that both sides are pretty vocal and dug in and whichever side gets their first will dominate the argument. 

As a little kid, I watched the hail mary game live, so between that excitement and the fact I never thought he got a fair shake for his size from draft day on, he was my favorite non-Bill, so when he signed with the Bills, I was ecstatic. 

31 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

I will never, ever get the Flutie hate. He was a fun QB to watch and exceeded his expectations and the team won when he was the QB -- a lot. That same team had a far different energy when RJ was under center, and he could never figure out how not to get sacked (doesn't he have the highest sack per dropback rate?). Also, if memory serves, there was a lot of talk about Buffalo moving that quieted down when Flutie went on his run. As for the playoff game, he was AWFUL in that game and if you're going to make the game manager atgument, it's just as logical to say Flutie might have had them ahead by a large enough margin that the forward lateral would never have happened. You don't have to be a fan, but why hate?!

My choice would have to ultimately be Incognito, having been bullied a lot of my childhood, but even then, I was able to rationalize rooting for him when he was on the team. Did not love RJ or JP at the time, but in retrospect, have nothing really against them, and the latter seemed like a nice enough guy (or at least wanted to do some good things for Buffalo). 

John Fina almost knocked me down when I was at Kelly's club and afterwards gave me a dirty look, so I wasn't fond of him for a long time, but later he (and a couple other players) had a deal with the record store where I worked and he would come in and we would talk music for hours and he was engagingly friendly.   

Yeah, BJH is a good point. Forgot about that point, but was pretty redfaced about him at the time. What QB does not learn the playbook?!?!

If you look at his last 6 games of 1999 Flutie's offenses averaged close to 16 points a game, so to think Flutie would have done better than RJ is just hindsight and guessing. The reason for the Flutie hate is he was praised as the sole reason we were winning yet in reality again he was a caretaker and didn't offer an upside that RJ could have. Imagine if you will that the Bills drafted Josh Allen and then signed Josh McCown, would you want us starting McCown over Allen? Also the reports that the offense was worse under RJ is debatable, sure he took sacks but look at his last two games, the 1998 and 1999 finales. He put up 45 and 31 points respectively. 

Edited by The Jokeman