Who Is Your Least Favorite Bill of All Time ... and Why?

Gugny

Jairus Byrd has to be up there. Mister sore foot who just wanted out of Buffalo.

Marcel Dareus was a lazy piece of crap who sucked after paying him huge money.

Rob Johnson was just a waste of space. Say what you want about Flutie, but he was better than Johnson.

Willis McGahee is up there for trashing the city.

25 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Minimal talent? The guy won how many championships in Canada? I thought everyone liked Flutie. Even had his own cereal geeez. 

There's a small and vocal contingent here that make it their life's mission to bash Flutie.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

I'm with ya on this one. He was a reason I didnt like the Beasley signing. Another undersized, undertalented, bring your lunch pail to work white wr... great I thought. Luckily, Beasley is much better than Hogan.

Hogan seemed like a dbag. I don’t know him so I don’t know if he was. But he seemed like he wanted like crazy to be Julian Edelman. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Hogan seemed like a dbag. I don’t know him so I don’t know if he was. But he seemed like he wanted like crazy to be Julian Edelman. 

He seemed pretty down to earth in interviews. He always said the right things. Seems like teammates never had a problem with him. What about Hogan seemed off to you?

23 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Chris Watson 

Nailed it.  This guy was the worst football player to ever grace a field.  Dude was an absolute dumpster fire.  If he was on the field, expect him to get caught all over or be completely out of position. 

After him:

Kelsay - Should be in jail for robbery with his contract and performance

Jason Peters - ungrateful 

Willis McGahee - just an asshat

Donte Whitner - Not his fault we drafted him so high, but still sucked 

The rest of the people I could list just plain sucked, but I didn’t blame them for

it.  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

They were both jokes.  But the Bills were winning a playoff game when Rob Johnson left the field.  He did his job.

Hilarious that the first 4 or 5 responses were jokes and yet people still are so thick they don’t catch on ?

Toss up for me between Shawne Merriman’s tenure of post-roid injury riddled uselessness, and the on-field presence of Aaron Maybin (off-field I hear good things tho) who stole our 1st round pick in 09 with nary an impactful tackle made on the field in return. Good times! Thanks OP, for the wonderful trip down memory lane :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Fred Smerlas, Richie Incognito and Doug Flutie...all were pretty decent players for us, but really didn't like any of them.

If we are including non-players, gotta go with Rex Ryan and Dick Jauron. Rex was just a clown, and Jauron almost single-handidly made me hate watching the Bills...almost. Been following the Bills every week since 1972, so I have seen some putrid Bills teams. Jaurons squads may not have been the very worst, but they were the most miserable to watch. I hated the "Jauron era".

• Like (+1) 1

hmmm..?

well, Chuck Knox & Lou Saban(twice!) broke my heart. Rauch destroyed the team and my dreams. Cribbs bailing for the USFL made me feel betrayed. OJ(post career) made me question my fandom. Crappy players come & go. They’re usually the fault of poor scouting and their bashing post-Bills comments don’t upset me.

Having seen it all with the team, I’d have to conclude my least favorite Bill for embarrassing the city over a long period of time is....

wait for it...

Ralph Wilson.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Toss up for me between Shawne Merriman’s tenure of post-roid injury riddled uselessness, and the on-field presence of Aaron Maybin (off-field I hear good things tho) who stole our 1st round pick in 09 with nary an impactful tackle made on the field in return. Good times! Thanks OP, for the wonderful trip down memory lane :thumbsup:

You're welcome!!!  This is part of the offseason!

Maybin definitely sucked.  But I've never held it against him.  It was simply a horrible draft pick and Maybin had no control over it.  But yes ... he was a bad (not Michael Jackson Bad) player!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

I'm with ya on this one. He was a reason I didnt like the Beasley signing. Another undersized, undertalented, bring your lunch pail to work white wr... great I thought. Luckily, Beasley is much better than Hogan.

The 6’1” 210 LB Chris Hogan was the reason you didn’t the like 5’8 175 LB Cole Beasley signing.

The math checks out.

• Haha (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I just read the latest Sam Watkins thread.  Man, I couldn't stand that lazy piece of crap.

But my least favorite Bill of all time, hands down, is Doug Flutie.

Why?  He was a me-first, selfish player and a horrible teammate who divided the locker room.  A pompous, arrogant ass who had minimal talent.

People thought he was "a winner."  He was not a winner.  He was a QB with a top 3 defense who underperformed on offense, which led to the Bills doing nothing during his tenure.

Who is YOUR least favorite Bill and why do you feel that way?

Overall, I would have to say Aaron Maybin. 

Now it's not his fault that Buffalo way overdrafted him.  I felt we got some of the least production ever out of a #11 pick, but again, it's not his fault Buffalo over-drafted him.  He was drafted in 2009, before the rookie salary cap.

I felt he came in with an over-inflated sense of himself as a football player, sat out of his rookie training camp holding out for $$, but then never took his craft or training seriously in-season or off-season, and behaved like a tool - people remember Wood shouting "give back some of that money you ain't f****in earned!" at Maybin in training camp, but may not remember Wood reacted because Maybin had cheap-shotted FredEx after the end of a play then when Hangartner objected, he tried to take him down by the knees and punched him. 

Punk move for second day of training camp, and this was 2010: Jackson was the Bills most productive offensive player the previous year and it wasn't close.

Maybin got manicures, got fancy haircuts, couldn't get a sack - but he could cheapshot Fredex.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

T.O.

When they gave him the key to the city on a one year deal I died inside.  I know its not his fault we embarrassed ourselves. But sometimes . . . I wonder if T.O. isn't exactly the kind of person who might demand such a thing in his contract . . .

Also, where is Kyle Williams key to the city?

• Like (+1) 2

I think it has to be Kiko. Some players were bright spots at some points in their career like Dareus. Some didn't force the Bills to pay them more like Kelsay. Kiko on the other hand might/has been responsible for players injuries that might have shortened their future health/lifespans.

• Like (+1) 1

For anyone else old enough to remember him, I find it hard to imagine anyone saying anything but Billy Joe Hobert.

A backup QB put into the game on injury, he was awful and afterwards admitted he hadn't bothered preparing. Jackass.

#2 Marshawn and #3 Mike Williams and #4 McGahee.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3