Who Is Your Least Favorite Bill of All Time ... and Why?

Gugny

I just read the latest Sam Watkins thread.  Man, I couldn't stand that lazy piece of crap.

But my least favorite Bill of all time, hands down, is Doug Flutie.

Why?  He was a me-first, selfish player and a horrible teammate who divided the locker room.  A pompous, arrogant ass who had minimal talent.

People thought he was "a winner."  He was not a winner.  He was a QB with a top 3 defense who underperformed on offense, which led to the Bills doing nothing during his tenure.

Who is YOUR least favorite Bill and why do you feel that way?

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Rob Johnson.....there Gugny, I just cancelled out your Flutie. He came in and stole Doug's spot.  All Flutie ever did was win. Robosack went on to be a joke of a qb. Kelsay wins honorable mention. 

They were both jokes.  But the Bills were winning a playoff game when Rob Johnson left the field.  He did his job.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Rob Johnson.....there Gugny, I just cancelled out your Flutie. He came in and stole Doug's spot.  All Flutie ever did was win. Robosack went on to be a joke of a qb. Kelsay wins honorable mention. 

Flutie won what? Plain and simple was a game manager in 1999. All he really did was divide a locker room and a fanbase. You realize we wasted two years with Flutie starting. If we kept RJ as starter in 1998 we might have cut him sooner and not been in cap hell due to paying them both starting money.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

They were both jokes.  But the Bills were winning a playoff game when Rob Johnson left the field.  He did his job.

Valid points on both.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And that 1 game was the only highlight in an otherwise embarrassing short career in Buffalo. Obviously neither was great but Doug won 10 games that year. Bandana won 1. I'll take the guy who wins more.

• Like (+1) 2

This may not be popular choice but I always cringe when I hear Scott Norwood's name.

For some reason or another:

Rob Johnson

JP Losman

Ronnie Harmon

Marcel Dareus

Marshawn Lynch

Jarius Byrd

Donte Whitner

Jason Peters

Marv Levy (Does he count?) All that talent and no rings to show for it. Nice guy though...........

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And that 1 game was the only highlight in an otherwise embarrassing short career in Buffalo. Obviously neither was great but Doug won 10 games that year. Bandana won 1. I'll take the guy who wins more.

"Doug" won ten games like Tyrod got us to the playoffs and like Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

Doug didn't win *****.

• Like (+1) 5

Trent Edwards

He had a chance to be a good game manager and was scared to death. I know that he got hit but couldn’t stand the fear that he played with.

Honorable mention to Drew Bledsoe (most overrated player in Bills History), Chris Hogan, Nathan Peterman (worst player in Bills history), Melvin Fowler (weird but he was an a hole), and Derrick Dockery (worst contract in Bills History).

These may not be exact because I can’t think of everyone but it is a bunch of guys I didn’t care for as Bills.

10 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

This may not be popular choice but I always cringe when I hear Scott Norwood's name.

For some reason or another:

Rob Johnson

JP Losman

Ronnie Harmon

Marcel Dareus

Marshawn Lynch

Jarius Byrd

Donte Whitner

Jason Peters

FWIW, I found Marshawn to be the most engaging player in the organization. He was fan-friendly and not because he was forced to. He is legitimately a really bright guy, that enjoyed Buffalo, and wanted to embrace the community. In my time around there he was almost certainly my favorite player (Melvin Fowler my least in that era).

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Trent Edwards

He has a chance to be an a good game manager and was scared to death. I know that he got hit but couldn’t stand the fear that he played with.

Honorable mention to Drew Bledsoe (most overrated player in Bills History), Chris Hogan, Nathan Peterman (worst player in Bills history), Melvin Fowler (weird but he was an a hole), and Derrick Dockery (worst contract in Bills History).

These may not be exact because I can’t think of everyone but it is a bunch of guys I didn’t care for as Bills.

FWIW, I found Marshawn to be the most engaging player in the organization. He was fan-friendly and not because he was forced to. He is legitimately a really bright guy, that enjoyed Buffalo, and wanted to embrace the community. In my time around there he was almost certainly my favorite player (Melvin Fowler my least in that era).

I second every part of this.

Ill never forget his response to a reporter asking “do you think Bills fans were rug to boo the offense off the field” or something like that. His response was along the lines of I am not a Buffalo Bills fan, I am an NFL player. I always took issue with that.

Marshawn is close to the top in my FO blunders. I always loved the guy. Wish he stayed a Bill. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He spiked the ball with 8 seconds left in the game....if he was smart enough to wait a few more seconds to spike it, the FG would have been the last play of the game and Music City Miracle never happens. Just sayin’.

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I just read the latest Sam Watkins thread.  Man, I couldn't stand that lazy piece of crap.

But my least favorite Bill of all time, hands down, is Doug Flutie.

Why?  He was a me-first, selfish player and a horrible teammate who divided the locker room.  A pompous, arrogant ass who had minimal talent.

People thought he was "a winner."  He was not a winner.  He was a QB with a top 3 defense who underperformed on offense, which led to the Bills doing nothing during his tenure.

Who is YOUR least favorite Bill and why do you feel that way?

Always thought that Flutie was wildly overrated.   He gets my vote, hands down.

Didn't care for Brandon Spikes (cheap shot artist with the Pats, injured Scott Chandler, amongst others) or Posluszny (another overrated player) either.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I really liked him as a player but the brushes he had with the law like the gun possession and the hit and run kind of soured me on him.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I really liked him as a player but the brushes he had with the law like the gun possession and the hit and run kind of soured me on him.

Yeah, he had some issues for sure. He was the most cooperative and genuine dude on the team IMO. It was highs and lows but from being around there he was probably my favorite. They had some good guys and then some idiots. That’s probably true of every team though.

• Like (+1) 1