Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?

Bakin

Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh our Man?

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Let me slow it down for you Johnny.

Josh Allen is the most athletic raw QB prospect the Bills had in a long time, and everyone should have been prepared for a long learning curve.  He was bad last year, and took pretty big strides this year, but not enough to establish himself as a true NFL QB.  But that doesn't mean that at this point in time, he's a bust, and that's why NEXT YEAR IS CRITICAL to see if he can clear the hurdle.

Did you understand the words that were capitalized?   If you are tired of the cliche of waiting until the next season, then what is your solution to the apparent Josh Allen problem? 

So....GG boy....the question was "is Allen a franchise QB"?  My response:  not yet.  You might have an overactive imagination but I stated my case...you provided a lame rebuttal...move on.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's absolutely true that I never wanted him, and I've been forced to  justify that against folks that fall all over themselves to put him on the wall of fame because he ate a chicken wing that one time. He seems  like a good kid, but if you think he has what it takes to start in this league you haven't been paying attention. All of the QBs playing football this weekend and next were immediately elite (Besides Tannehill and Cousins was up and down), beating up on the elite QB's of past generations the second they stepped on the field.

Allen in 2 seasons has yet to destroy anyone. The closest is probably the Minnesota game. Are we just going to walk into next year and he's throwing for 5k yards or winning a league MVP? I don't think so, and if he's not doing that then he's not good enough in today's NFL. He's a nice story, but I want a freak of nature that destroys everything in their path.

That's what worries me. We've talked about his before: in the last couple decades, the future great QBs have shown it from the very start. Watson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Lamar, even Jimmy G. -- all almost immediately (once they saw playing time) seemed to just "get it" right away. Josh? Not so much. Maybe you could compare him to Tanny or Cousins, but that's not really what we're hoping to have in him.

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

Absolutely.  We get a right tackle that's not a turnstile and Josh won't be getting assaulted as much.

Watson got sacked 7 times to Josh's 0 until the 4th. What's his excuse. Russel Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger have won SB's behind dog**** OL's. It's a lame excuse.

15 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So....GG boy....the question was "is Allen a franchise QB"?  My response:  not yet.  You might have an overactive imagination but I stated my case...you provided a lame rebuttal...move on.

Not yet is not an answer to a binary yes/no question. 

Thanks for playing.  

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Are you basing this on his play today in his first playoff spot ever or on the trajectory and improvement he has shown since entering the league. You've given us a binary question for something that does not deserve a binary answer. If he plateaus, no. If he continues to improve, yes.

Yes it’s a binary question. Because it’s how you feel today. It would be silly if he won a Super Bowl and we asked that question.
knowing what you know today - Is he going to be our franchise QB?  

7 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

And yet it is not YOUR question...and yet your sensitive nature compels you to reply.  Will you reply to this?  My guess is....yes.

Aren't you the little snowflake. 

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

He gets one more year to show major improvement.

If the bone head plays and lack of awareness doesn't improve drastically, time to find someone new. He needs to start completing the easy passes to wide open guys regularly. 

This team is a QB away from contending for a Super Bowl. 

With that second half defensive performance?  there is no super bowl contention happening 

48 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's absolutely true that I never wanted him, and I've been forced to  justify that against folks that fall all over themselves to put him on the wall of fame because he ate a chicken wing that one time. He seems  like a good kid, but if you think he has what it takes to start in this league you haven't been paying attention. All of the QBs playing football this weekend and next were immediately elite (Besides Tannehill and Cousins was up and down), beating up on the elite QB's of past generations the second they stepped on the field.

Allen in 2 seasons has yet to destroy anyone. The closest is probably the Minnesota game. Are we just going to walk into next year and he's throwing for 5k yards or winning a league MVP? I don't think so, and if he's not doing that then he's not good enough in today's NFL. He's a nice story, but I want a freak of nature that destroys everything in their path.

I agree, he's JAG. I think the reason guys love him so much is he's a blue collar guy and he's the best the Bills have had in a long time. Both of which aren't saying much. 

44 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Watson got sacked 7 times to Josh's 0 until the 4th. What's his excuse. Russel Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger have won SB's behind dog**** OL's. It's a lame excuse.

Yes but we don't have Wilson or rapelessburger, we have Josh who can compete if he has time to throw

16 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

And.........you replied.  True to form snowflake.  So easy with you.  You are triggered quite easily and you are quite the snowflake yourself.  I predict another reply.  I simply cannot wait!

I’ll be here all day Johnny.

Keep pretending that somehow you made a point. Go cry in your milk until next year, and maybe come up with a plan of fixing the QB position in time for next September.  

Just now, GG said:

I’ll be here all day Johnny.

Keep pretending that somehow you made a point. Go cry in your milk until next year, and maybe come up with a plan of fixing the QB position in time for next September.  

Ok bud will do lol.  What's your plan to fix the QB?  Got one?  didnt think so.  All talk.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Ok bud will do lol.  What's your plan to fix the QB?  Got one?  didnt think so.  All talk.

The plan is quite simple. 

But lets address the main point.   The OP is wrong, because it’s not a binary Yes/No question.  

When you can recognize the basic foundation of what the Bills have at QB this moment, then we can discuss solutions.  

In in the meantime,  see you next year.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

The plan is quite simple. 

But lets address the main point.   The OP is wrong, because it’s not a binary Yes/No question.  

When you can recognize the basic foundation of what the Bills have at QB this moment, then we can discuss solutions.  

In in the meantime,  see you next year.  

The question was yes/no....and I said not yet...and you say the question is not binary. Soooooo....what do you want?  If it is strictly yes/no....its no....if it is yes/maybe/not yet/no then I say not yet.  We are saying the same damn thing.

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The question was yes/no....and I said not yet...and you say the question is not binary. Soooooo....what do you want?  If it is strictly yes/no....its no....if it is yes/maybe/not yet/no then I say not yet.  We are saying the same damn thing.

Then why did you pipe in with a pissed cereal comment about waiting for next year to see if Allen improves, if your answer is “not yet”

I am more convinced then ever after this game that Allen is the guy. 

Would anyone in their right mind argue that Watson & Jackson aren't the franchise QB's for their respective teams?  Well take a look at how they played in their first playoff games which were played at home.  Allen accounted for 372 of the Bills 425 yards today - enough said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh Allen was today what he has always been. He is that girl in that relationship in which 50% is great and 50% sucks and you think you can change that relationship to 100% great. It hasn’t happened in his career at any level, and it won’t happen now.

This is hilarious ... take a read when you have a minute ... one of the best satirical pieces of sports journalism I have ever read ... priceless lol 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/thank-you-josh-allen-bills

Edited by SeattleBills
  • Vomit 1

4 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Y’all are way overreacting. Let him learn how to win. Let the whole team and the coaching staff learn to win. 

It's kinda funny. I feel we have a qb, OC and HC all young and trying to learn at the same time and pace. We all knew Josh was projected to take longer than most. I think that same timeline goes for McDermott  and even Dumboll to some degree. This is year 2 for the qb and his inconsistent OC. And only year 3 for Sean. Maybe they all converge for next year? It will take upgrading many area's of the offense.  It will take McD & Daboll to end their reign of conservative terror. I don't know if Daboll deserves to survive but hopefully they all converge someday?

He's exciting as hell to watch, other than that the jury's still out. 

20 minutes ago, SeattleBills said:

Josh Allen was today what he has always been. He is that girl in that relationship in which 50% is great and 50% sucks and you think you can change that relationship to 100% great. It hasn’t happened in his career at any level, and it won’t happen now.

This is hilarious ... take a read when you have a minute ... one of the best satirical pieces of sports journalism I have ever read ... priceless lol 

This comment from twitter made me laugh:

I really identify with how Josh Allen just randomly completely forgets how to do his whole job

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I find it hilarious that no one has created a thread about that single play.

Or perhaps his "Hail Mary" pass he threw up for grabs while in OT in a playoff game.

That is "can't happen" stuff and it's still happening from him.

And then the late throws, the fumble problems, the blitz problem, the reading defenses problem, the accuracy problem, the long ball problem....

How long does he get?!  

You can stick for another team or we can always bring back Tyrod Taylor ?‍♂️

26 minutes ago, SeattleBills said:

You don’t have to stick for them 

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That lateral with 1:04 left in regulation lol ?

People were saying it was good play because it stopped the clock!!!

You mention there being 1:04 left on clock, there were a few plays that felt like they were desperate last play of the game plays, when there was actually lots of time left. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TuelTime said:

What would the cost be to bring Allen back next year if he was franchised? I'm guessing its around 30 million. Would you take a 30 mil hit on the salary cap for next year? If the answer is no, he ain't your franchise QB.

I think its important the Bills pick up a much better #2 QB, and/or draft a mid-rounder. Like the Titans and Mariota, Allen may need to be benched next year in order to save their season.

I forgot people like you still existed the ones that where calling for Jeff Tuel to actually start a professional football game 

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

Yes but we don't have Wilson or rapelessburger, we have Josh who can compete if he has time to throw

He had all the time in the world through 3 and a half quarters and mustered 16 points. If he can't get it done with that line, we need to replace him.

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I forgot people like you still existed the ones that where calling for Jeff Tuel to actually start a professional football game 

Yeah, and its people like you who thought EJ Manuel had a high ceiling and just needed more time to "develop"...

54 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's kinda funny. I feel we have a qb, OC and HC all young and trying to learn at the same time and pace. We all knew Josh was projected to take longer than most. I think that same timeline goes for McDermott  and even Dumboll to some degree. This is year 2 for the qb and his inconsistent OC. And only year 3 for Sean. Maybe they all converge for next year? It will take upgrading many area's of the offense.  It will take McD & Daboll to end their reign of conservative terror. I don't know if Daboll deserves to survive but hopefully they all converge someday?

This is the correct answer. 

9 new starters on O.

Find me one team with a 2nd year QB that has success (playoff wins) in this situation.  Just one I'll wait.  

Edited by Big Blitz

5 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

They let him play aggressively the entire 4th quarter and in OT.  What are you talking about? 

He failed miserably when they put the game in his hands.   This is exactly the reason he's been coached conservatively, to hide his flaws. 

can say the same about golden boy tre - just let them 49 yd dimes drop.

29 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Yeah, and its people like you who thought EJ Manuel had a high ceiling and just needed more time to "develop"...

In ot Josh completed two 3 and 9s and if Cody Ford doesn’t get called for a ridiculous penalty he had them in range to attempt a field goal The EJ Manuel’s of the world don’t do that 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Yes. He is in his second year taking us to OT in a wild card game. Read that again.  Yes he has discipline issues and some accuracy issues, but it can be cleaned up. I don’t like our OC. It’s not a good fit. 

Without that defense and the soft schedule he doesn’t sniff the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the exception of the Vikings game last year I have yet to see Allen win the Bills a game. Sure he has had a few game winning drives but lets be real... the defense keeps him in the game. This team would go further with 27/28 other QBs. 

We got to see it all in the WC game.

The kid made a lot of good/great plays and then he just made you shake your head.

He is a 23 year old QB playing in his biggest game ever in a very hostile environment  and I think he got a bit rattled.

So what? I think he puts this one in the memory banks and we get a better QB as a result.

The Bills were 6-3 on the road this year 8-3 if you count PS games.

Did anyone think that was possible when the season started?

The Bills were pegged by all the talking heads as a 5 or 6 win team on the whole season by all the talking heads.

Did Watson win his first playoff game?

NO he didn't and it was at home!

We couldn't expect Watson to suck the joint out forever

Josh is our Franchise QB lets get behind him:)