1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Landing spots for Brady:

- TB with Bruce Arians

- Cowboys after they dump Dak

- Bears after they dump Mitch

- Chargers after they dump Rivers

- Giants after they make Daniel Jones the backup

- Suddenly resurgent Dolphins?

- Wherever Josh McDaniels gets a head coaching gig? ( or was Jerry Jones just waiting for the Pats to be eliminated to make the offer?)

Others?

Bills!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mshaw said:

everyone rejoicing but you think Belichick needs brady to win the division? lol 

he will prob whoop our ass again next season with some no name QB. 

He (if he stays, and if Brady goes) won't have a no-name QB. He'll have someone like Andy Dalton at the worst, or maybe Dak Prescott. I'll believe they enter a season with a no-name when I see it.

1 minute ago, Mshaw said:

he will prob whoop our ass again next season with some no name QB. while our offense settles for FG's for 4 quarters and puts up 13 points 

GTFO of here, your pessimism is duly noted and absolutely useless.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Landing spots for Brady:

- TB with Bruce Arians

- Cowboys after they dump Dak

- Bears after they dump Mitch

- Chargers after they dump Rivers

- Giants after they make Daniel Jones the backup

- Suddenly resurgent Dolphins?

- Wherever Josh McDaniels gets a head coaching gig? ( or was Jerry Jones just waiting for the Pats to be eliminated to make the offer?)

Others?

Or he stays with New England.  The only place Brady jumps is to his home of Northern California.  One NorCal team has an established QB (his former backup) and the other bailed for Vegas

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He (if he stays, and if Brady goes) won't have a no-name QB. He'll have someone like Andy Dalton at the worst, or maybe Dak Prescott. I'll believe they enter a season with a no-name when I see it.

I'll believe Brady won't be QBing that team next season when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, /dev/null said:

Or he stays with New England.  The only place Brady jumps is to his home of Northern California.  One NorCal team has an established QB (his former backup) and the other bailed for Vegas

I disagree. I could see him going to a number of different locations, including all those I mentioned above. He will not go out this way. It probably won't end well, but somebody - Tampa, the Bears, Dallas, Chargers? - will make the Brett Favre post-GB/Joe Montana post-49ers move with him.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

? Funny, at the start of the season someone here asked that question, and I'd say it was 50/50 "I'd take him" vs. "I don't want him."

Now? Probably 99% against it.

haha true.  I’ll take Allen, yips and all.

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The biggest takeaway from the Pats loss is that the Buffalo Bills streak of making four straight Super Bowls remains safe.  It's a record that will never be beaten.

Another takeaway is that you can win games 14 - 13.  Our 19 points today would have beaten BOTH TN & NE.  So anyone who doesn't think the Bills defense doesn't own today's loss didn't watch this game or last years Super Bowl won by NE 13 - 3.  In the playoffs this is how games often go.  Hell remember how we beat the Broncos 10 - 7 in the AFC championship game en-route to our 2nd Super Bowl.

Except houstons defense is garbage

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The biggest takeaway from the Pats loss is that the Buffalo Bills streak of making four straight Super Bowls remains safe.  It's a record that will never be beaten.

Another takeaway is that you can win games 14 - 13.  Our 19 points today would have beaten BOTH TN & NE.  So anyone who doesn't think the Bills defense doesn't own today's loss didn't watch this game or last years Super Bowl won by NE 13 - 3.  In the playoffs this is how games often go.  Hell remember how we beat the Broncos 10 - 7 in the AFC championship game en-route to our 2nd Super Bowl.

Other than the inexplicable soft zone on 3rd and 18 I don't see how the loss was on the defense. I don't see a reason to place blame for a young team losing on the road in overtime, but if I did I would blame the coaches for playing scared.

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

Why would NE not keep him? They have no one behind him to replace him so they are better off keeping him and getting a couple more playmakers  this offseason. I would be surprised to see them make a few moves to draft his replacement early in this draft.

2 minutes ago, Bigmanbills88 said:

Except houstons defense is garbage

So was the Bills offence this year......

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Other than the inexplicable soft zone on 3rd and 18 I don't see how the loss was on the defense. I don't see a reason to place blame for a young team losing on the road in overtime, but if I did I would blame the coaches for playing scared.

But they also blew a double digit lead in the 2nd half, of course it wouldn't have been as easy if the lead was more then just 2 scores.......

I love how all these idiots are saying Brady won't go out this way. As if all he has to do is come back and they'll go further. If he comes back it's going to get harder not easier.  Especially if McDaniels leaves.

They totally ignore the possibility that if he comes back, this great competitor, that the outcome can't be worse.

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So was the Bills offence this year......

But they also blew a double digit lead in the 2nd half, of course it wouldn't have been as easy if the lead was more then just 2 scores.......

The Bills offense scored 6 points in the 2nd half. I went into this game knowing they would need to score 20+ points. The Bills coaches should have done the same.

7 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The defense is the strength of this team.  It's where we spend the cap money and it's the unit that drives the strategic direction of the offense.  That is McD plays conservative offense because he expects the defense to win the game.  McD stresses that the Offense NOT commit turnovers.  This comes at a cost.  The cost being conservative offensive play calling and execution once we get a 2 score lead.  We've seen it in almost EVERY game this year.

The bottom line is that we had a 16 - 0 lead late in the 3rd quarter.  All the offensive play calling that frustrates so many of us is by design to avoid a TO that allows a team to score cheap points and get back into the game.

I blame the D because in a little over one quarter they allowed TD drives of 75 & 80 yards.  They also allowed the Texans to convert BOTH 2 point conversion tries.  Then in OT after forcing a 3 & out the D allowed the Texans to drive from their 17 yard line to our 10 yard line to kick the game winning FG.  That was a 73 yard drive. 

McD put this game on the shoulders of the D and they let him down.  Yet in his post game press conference he calls out Allen for "trying to do to much".  Gee IMO the problem was that the D didn't do enough.  But that's just me I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why would NE not keep him? They have no one behind him to replace him so they are better off keeping him and getting a couple more playmakers  this offseason. I would be surprised to see them make a few moves to draft his replacement early in this draft.

I hope they do. He doesn't have it anymore, he has no downfield game. I want to see him come back and struggle. I hope he gets hammered. Couldn't happen to a bigger douche.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The defense is the strength of this team.  It's where we spend the cap money and it's the unit that drives the strategic direction of the offense.  That is McD plays conservative offense because he expects the defense to win the game.  McD stresses that the Offense NOT commit turnovers.  This comes at a cost.  The cost being conservative offensive play calling and execution once we get a 2 score lead.  We've seen it in almost EVERY game this year.

The bottom line is that we had a 16 - 0 lead late in the 3rd quarter.  All the offensive play calling that frustrates so many of us is by design to avoid a TO that allows a team to score cheap points and get back into the game.

I blame the D because in a little over one quarter they allowed TD drives of 75 & 80 yards.  They also allowed the Texans to convert BOTH 2 point conversion tries.  Then in OT after forcing a 3 & out the D allowed the Texans to drive from their 17 yard line to our 10 yard line to kick the game winning FG.  That was a 73 yard drive. 

McD put this game on the shoulders of the D and they let him down.  Yet in his post game press conference he calls out Allen for "trying to do to much".  Gee IMO the problem was that the D didn't do enough.  But that's just me I guess.

D played conservative when it counted, just like the O. Blame the coaches, no killer instinct.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Houston's defense didn't have Watt half the season. I'm not saying he won them the game but he is a great player.

He was a lot more troublesome than some Bills fans would have led people to believe, based on their responses to people who had the audacity to worry about him

41 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

All true with the defense but you need to drill into your young qb's head that he can't make a blind lateral when going down or take a sack to knock you out of fg range.  The latter has happened too many times this season and sometimes some tough love is what's required from a head coach.

1 hour ago, Mshaw said:

he will prob whoop our ass again next season with some no name QB. while our offense settles for FG's for 4 quarters and puts up 13 points 

That QB will probably be Fitzpatrick, to complete his tour of the AFC East.

16 minutes ago, arcane said:

He was a lot more troublesome than some Bills fans would have led people to believe, based on their responses to people who had the audacity to worry about him

Didn’t seem like the coaches found him troublesome, if the 1 on 1 blocking was an indication. They should have devoted more attention to him. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

All true with the defense but you need to drill into your young qb's head that he can't make a blind lateral when going down or take a sack to knock you out of fg range.  The latter has happened too many times this season and sometimes some tough love is what's required from a head coach.

The lateral was NOT blind.  Watch a replay.  He made a correct backward pass to Knox who was all alone at the sideline.  Had Knox not moved towards Allen and caught that lateral he would have gained another 20 yards and gone out of bounds at the end.  Was it a risky play?  Yes, but it wasn't blind.  Put a couple of real play-makers on the field with Allen and we'll see more magic then mayhem.  And as another poster noted on another thread there's a fine line between a mayhem & miracle play in the NFL. 

Sure the sacks were partially on Allen but the speed in which the Texans pass rush was reaching Allen was disturbing.  The Texans were all over Allen at the snap of the ball.  Frankly I don't see how he avoids those sacks.  His only option was to throw the ball away which would have drawn a grounding penalty.  The Bill's O-line picked a bad time in the game to play poorly.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The lateral was NOT blind.  Watch a replay.  He made a correct backward pass to Knox who was all alone at the sideline.  Had Knox not moved towards Allen and caught that lateral he would have gained another 20 yards and gone out of bounds at the end.  Was it a risky play?  Yes, but it wasn't blind.  Put a couple of real play-makers on the field with Allen and we'll see more magic then mayhem.  And as another poster noted on another thread there's a fine line between a mayhem & miracle play in the NFL. 

Sure the sacks were partially on Allen but the speed in which the Texans pass rush was reaching Allen was disturbing.  The Texans were all over Allen at the snap of the ball.  Frankly I don't see how he avoids those sacks.  His only option was to throw the ball away which would have drawn a grounding penalty.  The Bill's O-line picked a bad time in the game to play poorly.

If he was still upright when lateraling the ball it would of been a calculated risk.  Falling down and lateraling it when you're about to hit the ground is reckless.  He got away with a couple of fumbles today and the one they recovered the defenders finger barely grazed the ball.  He needs to work on not trying to do too much like McDermott said, have better situational awareness, and take better care of the football.  He can be a great quarterback as he's made some amazing throws few can make this year but those areas need to be improved.

Edited by Doc Brown

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

I love how all these idiots are saying Brady won't go out this way. As if all he has to do is come back and they'll go further. If he comes back it's going to get harder not easier.  Especially if McDaniels leaves.

They totally ignore the possibility that if he comes back, this great competitor, that the outcome can't be worse.

They will be right back were they where with an outside reciever or a T.E that can work the seams and andrews back on the field. 

The patriots win this game if their OLman dosent get Flagged for going down field.

Watson got to the 20, instead they go to 3rd and 15 instead of 1st and 10 at the 20.

Wonder where he ends up. He says it’s unlikely he retires. Seems like he could do a 1 year deal and just stay with the pats, but it’s almost a certainty McDaniels leaves so that’s a real consideration. Him going somewhere else would be like Montana to chiefs Or Favre to Vikes but in this case, they have no one in line to replace him. 

Colts are a possible fit. Chargers? Just can’t picture it. 

Brady is going to lean on them to pay up, and commit to multiple years.

Not sure if belichick is down with that.  He has been reluctant the last handful of years. 

Is there an upgrade from brady out there?  I think you could make an argument.

Will Brady cry to Kraft to get his deal over Belichick's head?