Armchair QB Whisperers beware! Pros see Allen differently.

Chandler#81

I'm confident Allen is our future qb. He's learning to be a pocket passer and not relying on his legs (debatable if this is good or not). The o line has been suspect at times and he has 2 dependable recievers. I have no doubt he will only improve and weapons will be added next seasonĀ 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

How many attempts did he have?

9. He was averaging like 3 yards per attempt and had taken a sack.

Ā 

if thatā€™s not playing at your basement for a large chunk of a game, what is?Ā 

Ā 

If you saw Mitch Trubisky have that almost half, like he has at least once this year, you wouldnā€™t say he has played fine.

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

:doh:

Yes or no. Josh Allen was 3/9 for 19 yards and a sack taken prior to the 33 second mark in the half?

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Does not matter.Ā  It does not fit the narrative.Ā Ā 

Of course it matters. Need to complete passes to extend drives and throw more passes. You act like 9 attempts is a defense. Itā€™s more of an indictment.

Ā 

Josh had a bad Trubisky-esque half up until the TD drive. Itā€™s okay to admit. You wonā€™t burst into flames for blasphemy.

Edited by BringBackOrton

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

9. He was averaging like 3 yards per attempt and had taken a sack.

Ā 

if thatā€™s not playing at your basement for a large chunk of a game, what is?Ā 

Ā 

If you saw Mitch Trubisky have that almost half, like he has at least once this year, you wouldnā€™t say he has played fine.

Yes or no. Josh Allen was 3/9 for 19 yards and a sack taken prior to the 33 second mark in the half?

Of course it matters. Need to complete passes to extend drives and throw more passes. You act like 9 attempts is a defense. Itā€™s more of an indictment.

Ā 

Josh had a bad Trubisky-esque half up until the TD drive. Itā€™s okay to admit. You wonā€™t burst into flames for blasphemy.

Okay pal, here it is.Ā  6 for 13, 62 yards.Ā  Against the number one defense in the NFL and on the road.Ā  Tied game at the half.Ā  He did a good job.Ā  And the stats you cited were WRONG.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Okay pal, here it is.Ā  6 for 13, 62 yards.Ā  Against the number one defense in the NFL and on the road.Ā  Tied game at the half.Ā  He did a good job.Ā Ā 

Sure, he had a really good drive at the end of the half. Prior to that drive he was horrific. Itā€™s okay for it to be both.

Ā 

Also, your stats are wrong. Prior to the 33 second mark in the half, Allen had 3 complete passes.

Edited by BringBackOrton

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Sure, he had a really good drive at the end of the half. Prior to that drive he was horrific. Itā€™s okay for it to be both.

Drop back and punt.Ā  You are changing your premise.Ā  The OC calls the plays.Ā  You complain that he had 9 attempts.Ā  Game plan was to run the ball because the chances were better for success since NE has a heck of a pass defense.Ā  Cincinnati and others had success running against them.Ā  Daboll changed script and went to the pass.Ā  Allen played well in the final drive going 3 for 5 43 yards also a scramble out of the shotgun for 16.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Drop back and punt.Ā  You are changing your premise.Ā  The OC calls the plays.Ā  You complain that he had 9 attempts.Ā  Game plan was to run the ball because the chances were better for success since NE has a heck of a pass defense.Ā  Cincinnati and others had success running against them.Ā  Daboll changed script and went to the pass.Ā  Allen played well in the final drive going 3 for 5 43 yards also a scramble out of the shotgun for 16.Ā 

Not changing the premise. The premise was that Allen can beĀ bad for large chunks of games.Ā Allen was 3/9 for 19 yards and sack for the first 14 minutes and 27 seconds of the Pats game. Thatā€™s bad for a lot of time.

Ā 

admit it.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

If yesterday was Josh's very low basement, what do you call Week 4?

Just seen this.

Ā 

Week 4 Allen was very poor and yesterday as the game went on he was better than that time against the patriots, and he threw no picks. I agreed in another post that there is some progress in regards to that. On certain plays we can see the 'ceiling' point, usually really tough throws and moments like the TD to brown when he gets hit. Great plays.

Ā 

I also agree with Allen's own words that he almost needed to have a game like week 4, to make those mistakes and learn.Ā 

Ā 

You know what tho, week 4 was very bad but something about those picks dont bother me personally as much as early in yesterday's game.

Ā 

Problem I've got, the 'basement' I'm mentioning, reared it's head again (from the first pats game) yesterday..

Ā 

Its when he looks like he cannot play the position for a few series. You know that thing that tends to happen with him when he is way off, missing short throws to an open Beasley and low to knox. Before you know it (playcalling probably doesn't help Hugely) the one throw is incomplete and we are 3 and out. Its JUST HOW OFF HE IS HERE.Ā 

Ā 

When people post here 'come on josh', '' you got to make that play josh', 'Geez josh, that's a simple nfl throw'..that is his basement, it just rears its head from time to time and those posters are RIGHT.Ā 

Edited by london_bills

7 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

For those of us old enough to recall how Farve started out,(and i am notĀ old,Ā some of you Ā got me by 25 years?Ā )Ā this is kind of what Josh is like right now. Josh misses some very easy throws.Ā Ā Josh makes someĀ throws every game that leave us saying ā€˜why canā€™t he do that every timeā€™. Fact is, he will never do it every time. We just need theĀ frequency to become more, which it is. Those two deep throws were big yesterday. Thatā€™s an entirely different aspect opposing Dā€™s are going to have to consider now. Josh getting the deep ball touch back for playoffs could be big.

People also forget that for as long as Favre took to develop he had 4 years at a similarly small school in Southern Miss, where Allen had 2 in Wyoming. This is as raw a prospect as the Bills have drafted since Gene Bradley. Allen is the starting quarterback of the Bills' second playoff team in a decade, where nominally he might be prepping for a bowl game. In terms of meaningful development snaps, he wasn't getting a lot of those at Wyoming or even during last year's cap clear with no OL.

Ā 

If people stop being emotional about ZOMG he missed the open guy those couple times (which EVERY QB does every game) it's actually quite remarkable that someone with almost no real coaching and very little experience prior to the NFL level steps in and goes 15-11 in his first 2 years as an NFL starter, on a rebuilding, non-powerhouse of a team. The improvement is real, and we probably won't even know how good Josh Allen really is until year 5 or year 6.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

I really dont see what the shame is in admitting Allen struggled this game.Ā  MOST qbs do?

Ā 

Lets not act like the bills have an all start team around Allen.Ā  We have Brown, Bease, and a collection of Jags at WR.....we didnt even bother to spell Singletary with Gore in this game.....and our starting TE in Knox is very young.

Ā 

It is my hope that we make a hard court press of improving the offensive talent ofĀ  this team in the offseason....guys that actually make plays when they get the ball.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Im just going to leave this right here.Ā  Ā This is and objective review of Allen by the same national media.Ā  (with clips in link)Ā 

Ā 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston.cbslocal.com/2019/12/22/josh-allen-was-terrible-great-afc-title-game-preview-leftover-patriots-thoughts/amp/

Ā 

a) national media

b) boston.cbslocal.com

Ā 

Pick one.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Not changing the premise. The premise was that Allen can beĀ bad for large chunks of games.Ā Allen was 3/9 for 19 yards and sack for the first 14 minutes and 27 seconds of the Pats game. Thatā€™s bad for a lot of time.

Ā 

admit it.

Again you are wrong.Ā  The firstĀ quarter stats are:Ā  Bills 10 plays,Ā  Ā 7 runs 26 yards, 3 pass attempts (1 for 3) 14 yards with time of possession 6:03.Ā  Admit it, you are have it wrong.Ā Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really dont see what the shame is in admitting Allen struggled this game.Ā  MOST qbs do?

Ā 

Lets not act like the bills have an all start team around Allen.Ā  We have Brown, Bease, and a collection of Jags at WR.....we didnt even bother to spell Singletary with Gore in this game.....and our starting TE in Knox is very young.

Ā 

It is my hope that we make a hard court press of improving the offensive talent ofĀ  this team in the offseason....guys that actually make plays when they get the ball.

I believe their is a difference for seeing spots where Allen struggles and spots where he excelled. Looks at how he is developing and tell me he hasnā€™t improved from last year.Ā 
I know from your many posts that you are. It someone calling for Joshā€™s head but you are a ā€˜slanted homerā€™Ā realist, like myself. There are some posters here who want to see Josh fail because it makes them look like they know something more about football than the people who drafted him. Which no one on here does unless Ā Beane or another GM or NFL caliber talent evaluator is actually posting here. I highly doubt that. Me I think our FO and coaches deserve the benefit of the doubt for now. The Bills will probably finish 10-6 by their choosing . They will be a tough out for Houston and could very well beat Houston. If Josh starts hitting that deep pass 2-3 times a game and then looks like he has working the 0-20 routes, this offense will finally be able to play complimentary football to the D. That will be something to behold. Can you imagine this D playing with a 14-21 point lead in the fourth quarter? And Daboll and McDermott letting Josh and the O keeping playing aggressively?Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Ā 

admit it.

Ā 

Jim Kubiak in the Buffalo News does a review and breakdown of Josh every week (paywall)

https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/22/buffalo-bills-new-england-patriots-josh-allen-quarterback-analysis-jim-kubiak/

Ā 

The bottom line is there were 3 pass plays in the 1Q. Ā So no way Josh could be 3/9 when there were.....only 3 pass plays.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

Jim Kubiak in the Buffalo News does a review and breakdown of Josh every week (paywall)

https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/22/buffalo-bills-new-england-patriots-josh-allen-quarterback-analysis-jim-kubiak/

Ā 

The bottom line is there were 3 pass plays in the 1Q. Ā So no way Josh could be 3/9 when there were.....only 3 pass plays.

Iā€™m sorry, my math was wrong lol. I meant 29 minutes and 27 seconds.

15 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Again you are wrong.Ā  The firstĀ quarter stats are:Ā  Bills 10 plays,Ā  Ā 7 runs 26 yards, 3 pass attempts (1 for 3) 14 yards with time of possession 6:03.Ā  Admit it, you are have it wrong.Ā Ā 

See above. Forgot thereā€™s 30 minutes in a half lol.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Iā€™m sorry, my math was wrong lol. I meant 29 minutes and 27 seconds.

See above. Forgot thereā€™s 30 minutes in a half lol.

Ā 

Then, Orton, I donā€™t understand the point youā€™re trying to make here. Ā You can talk about a quarter or a half, but whatā€™s the point of talking about some arbitrary sub-group unless youā€™re trying to clinch an agenda?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

Then, Orton, I donā€™t understand the point youā€™re trying to make here. Ā You can talk about a quarter or a half, but whatā€™s the point of talking about some arbitrary sub-group unless youā€™re trying to clinch an agenda?

You donā€™t understand that Allen playing extremely poorly for 29 minutes and 27 seconds proves that he didĀ play poorly for a large stretchĀ of the game?

Edited by BringBackOrton

14 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You donā€™t understand that Allen playing extremely poorly for 29 minutes and 27 seconds proves that he didĀ play poorly for a large stretchĀ of the game?

Ā 

I donā€™t want to be rude here, but this is really just way over the top.

Ā 

I understand that during the first half, the TOP was something like 21 1/2 minutes Patriots, 8 1/2 minutes Bills. Ā Leaving aside that there were run and pass plays completed successfullyĀ before the final 30 seconds of the half, Ā Allen can not possibly play badly for 21 1/2 minutes in which he is NOT ON THE FIELD and no offensive turnovers were committed.

Ā 

SMH. Ā Just SMDH.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

I donā€™t want to be rude here, but this is really just way over the top.

Ā 

I understand that during the first half, the TOP was something like 21 1/2 minutes Patriots, 8 1/2 minutes Bills. Ā Leaving aside that there were run and pass plays completed successfullyĀ before the final 30 seconds of the half, Ā Allen can not possibly play badly for 21 1/2 minutes in which he is NOT ON THE FIELD and no offensive turnovers were committed.

Ā 

Ā 

Again, TOP is an indictment, not an excuse. Offense didnā€™t sustain drives, and a large part of that was Allen completing 3-9 passes for a low amount of yards.Ā 

Ā 

Sure, defense allowed long drives as well. To beat the Pats historically, you have to keep them off the field. Both units failed.

9 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Absurd?Ā 

Ā 

Im just going to leave this right here.Ā  Ā This is and objective review of Allen by the same national media.Ā  (with clips in link)Ā 

Ā 

"And that is how a quarterback goes 13-for-26. And that is why he now has 14 starts with a 55 percent completion rate or lower. As in, 14 of his 26 starts. Not great.

Maybe not the guy you take out of Wyoming with the seventh overall pick. Just a thought."

Ā 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston.cbslocal.com/2019/12/22/josh-allen-was-terrible-great-afc-title-game-preview-leftover-patriots-thoughts/amp/

Ā 

Consistency and accuracy has been his biggest problem and his minimal improvement in those areas is what objective fans are concerned about and point out.Ā 

Ā 

Its not absurd to say Allen displays 25% magic and 75% sub par play in the majority his career.Ā 

Yet entering this week:

6th ranked QB in the NFL in touchdowns with 27.

Ā 

#1 rated QB in NFL in 4th quarter.

Ā 

Most 4th quarter comebacks since entering the league despite not starting or finishing 6 games due to injury.

Ā 

#1 rated QB on 3rd and long.

Ā 

13-6 record in games he started and finished since coming back from injury last year.

Ā 

Longest multiple TD streak in NFL this year

Ā 

Second only to Lamar in touchdowns since week 4.

Ā 

And all of this despite a frustrating OC, three topĀ WRs averaging 5ā€™10ā€ in height, 9 new players on offense, inconsistent OL play against top defenses, facing some ofĀ the best Dā€™s in the league late in the season, and still only having barley a season and a half of starts. Ā 
Ā 

Additionally, highest dropped passĀ rate in the NFL and Bills are second in total passes dropped in the NFL (and those stats are only counted on well placed balls).
Ā 

Yeah...I think there is a LOT more to love than complain about. Ā 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Again, TOP is an indictment, not an excuse. Offense didnā€™t sustain drives, and a large part of that was Allen completing 3-9 passes for a low amount of yards.Ā 

Ā 

Sure, defense allowed long drives as well. To beat the Pats historically, you have to keep them off the field. Both units failed.

Ā 

?

• Haha (+1) 1

I like Josh Allen as a person & in the locker room. Iā€™m also of the opinion the Bills should have brought in a veteran like Fitzpatrick in 2018 to groom him & give him a year to adjust to the NFL game. This should be year 1 for Allen and at age 23 heā€™s doing fairly good things. I donā€™t like the mechanics but the fact he can complete 50 yard bombs flat footed shows the arm talent he has. Heā€™s got a lot of work to improve into an elite QB but the raw talents & guts are all there.Ā 

5 hours ago, london_bills said:

You see I disagree with 'he is a big reason why' we are at 10 wins. He is not a big reason why. He is a part of it absolutely, at times he is a reason why but not in total.

Ā 

The accumulation of talent and depth, Coach motivation and the defence are a bigger reason as to why we are at 10 wins than Allen alone, generally speaking.Ā 

True.Ā 

Ā 

He's scored 29 of the team's 35 TDs this season.

Ā 

He's a HUGE reason why.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

?

I feel like I havenā€™t said anything crazy. Allen clearly stepped up and played better at the end of the first half and second half. He had a decent game overall, not great but not horrific. Much better than his first performance against the Pats.

Ā 

But up til that final drive of the first half, the offense was bad and he was bad. Even getting a gift wrapped drive almost in the redzone, they couldnā€™t get 6.Ā 

Ā 

I donā€™t think thatā€™s unfair or unreasonable, but I know QB talk is hot button after a loss. Heā€™s either a complete failure or the rest of the team failed him.Ā 

Ā 

In my opinion, if you want to be the man, you have to be the man. If you want to be blameless after a loss as a leader of anĀ offense, you have to put up points, sustain drives and make a lot of plays. Some folks ask, would you rather have Allen throw 300+ yards and 3TDā€™s in a game and lose than 150 yards and win? And the answer is it depends.Ā 

Ā 

In a do or die game in the playoffs, no. In a Super Bowl, no. Every week, no. But itā€™s okay every once in a while for your QB to play great and carry the team and still lose. All of the great QBā€™s have done it A LOT.

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I feel like I havenā€™t said anything crazy. Allen clearly stepped up and played better at the end of the first half and second half. He had a decent game overall, not great but not horrific. Much better than his first performance against the Pats.

Ā 

But up til that final drive of the first half, the offense was bad and he was bad. Even getting a gift wrapped drive almost in the redzone, they couldnā€™t get 6.Ā 

Ā 

I donā€™t think thatā€™s unfair or unreasonable, but I know QB talk is hot button after a loss. Heā€™s either a complete failure or the rest of the team failed him.Ā 

Ā 

In my opinion, if you want to be the man, you have to be the man. If you want to be blameless after a loss as a leader of anĀ offense, you have to put up points, sustain drives and make a lot of plays. Some folks ask, would you rather have Allen throw 300+ yards and 3TDā€™s in a game and lose than 150 yards and win? And the answer is it depends.Ā 

Ā 

In a do or die game in the playoffs, no. In a Super Bowl, no. Every week, no. But itā€™s okay every once in a while for your QB to play great and carry the team and still lose. All of the great QBā€™s have done it A LOT.

Ā 

No one is claiming Allen is ā€œblamelessā€ after the loss.Ā 

Ā 

What you say above is pretty reasonable, actually.

Ā 

What you have said? Ā Not so much.

You wereĀ making claims that Allen was ā€œhorribleā€ for 29 1/2 minutes of a half in which he was only on the field for a fraction of that time.

You gave wrong gouge on his stats and didnā€™t accept correction

Then you are fractionating his first half statistics to exclude the best drive so you can say he was ā€œhorribleā€ for the rest.

Ā 

The bottom line is we came out of the first half tied and with 10 points - against a team that has been giving up on averageĀ 13 PPGĀ 

Ā 

Could we have played better in the first half offensively? Ā Undoubtedly. Ā Horrible for 29 1/2 minutes? Ā Cray-cray in my view

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ā 

I tend to agree with all you said.

IF I had anything to say about JA it would be he needs to work on being more consistent earlier in games.

Sometimes it seems he's a little too tight to start.Ā  Experience can help with that.

Ā 

+1

Ā 

And Josh said as much himself after the game.Ā  He gets too amped up at the startĀ and has almost an adrenalin rush that makes him jittery.Ā Ā  When that wears off and he calms down, he performs much better.

Ā 

The big thing that will help him is experience.Ā  Ā He's getting a lot this year, with many tight games and the upcoming road playoff tilt.Ā  Ā That can only help him for next year and beyond.Ā  Once he learns to slow the game down and remove the peaks and valleys, he's going to be something special...Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh is making some of the same mistakes now that he made nearly 2 years ago.

Ā 

Are we sure he's progressing and "learning" ???

Ā 

His completion % is more what I'd call regressing to the mean.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

He has 17 TD and 3 Int since week 4 at the Partiots...I would call that isĀ  Learning and Progressing definitely

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

He has 17 TD and 3 Int since week 4 at the Partiots...I would call that isĀ  Learning and Progressing definitely

Played much better at against new England than week 4 as well, was he perfect or really good, probably not.... is he showing hope, absolutelyĀ 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

No one is claiming Allen is ā€œblamelessā€ after the loss.Ā 

Ā 

What you say above is pretty reasonable, actually.

Ā 

What you have said? Ā Not so much.

You wereĀ making claims that Allen was ā€œhorribleā€ for 29 1/2 minutes of a half in which he was only on the field for a fraction of that time.

You gave wrong gouge on his stats and didnā€™t accept correction

Then you are fractionating his first half statistics to exclude the best drive so you can say he was ā€œhorribleā€ for the rest.

Ā 

The bottom line is we came out of the first half tied and with 10 points - against a team that has been giving up on averageĀ 13 PPGĀ 

Ā 

Could we have played better in the first half offensively? Ā Undoubtedly. Ā Horrible for 29 1/2 minutes? Ā Cray-cray in my view

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I actually wasnā€™t wrong on his stats. He really was 3/9 prior to that last drive. You can check the game log.

10 hours ago, MJS said:

If it were up to me I'd ban all the Allen haters. Not because they deserve to be banned, but because I'm sick of reading garbage. Same with the McDermott haters. I don't want to have to sift through mindless garbage.

Ā 

Here we have a regime that broke the drought, rebuilt the team, wins games, goes to the playoffs two times out of three, double digit wins for the first time this century, built a top 3 defense, and people still talk bad about them. We've got a QB who just wins games, comes up clutch when it matters, is an athletic freak, and pushes the ball down the field and we have fans who still bash him.

Ā 

Just do us all a favor and go root for the Patriots.

Thank you!

Ā 

Thread.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, london_bills said:

Ok. He's not throwing picks. Let's see if he progresses to improve everything.Ā 

Ā 

(Not to be argumentative but the majority of the first half was the Allen of last year.)Ā 

You ARE argumentative. And wrong.

12 hours ago, london_bills said:

LOL

A phrase from the film 'a few good men' comes to mind. ?

Just quit. Folks here think youā€™re clueless about American football. Start typing, you remove all doubt.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

:huh:

Ā 

Only 4?

?

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I believe their is a difference for seeing spots where Allen struggles and spots where he excelled. Looks at how he is developing and tell me he hasnā€™t improved from last year.Ā 
I know from your many posts that you are. It someone calling for Joshā€™s head but you are a ā€˜slanted homerā€™Ā realist, like myself. There are some posters here who want to see Josh fail because it makes them look like they know something more about football than the people who drafted him. Which no one on here does unless Ā Beane or another GM or NFL caliber talent evaluator is actually posting here. I highly doubt that. Me I think our FO and coaches deserve the benefit of the doubt for now. The Bills will probably finish 10-6 by their choosing . They will be a tough out for Houston and could very well beat Houston. If Josh starts hitting that deep pass 2-3 times a game and then looks like he has working the 0-20 routes, this offense will finally be able to play complimentary football to the D. That will be something to behold. Can you imagine this D playing with a 14-21 point lead in the fourth quarter? And Daboll and McDermott letting Josh and the O keeping playing aggressively?Ā 

For me, hitting those 2 long passes was critical. Playoff opponents now HAVE to respect that Allenā€™s otherworldly arm strength CAN destroy them deep. This bodes very well for our Running game as they wonā€™t take the chance on stacking 8 or 9 in the box.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Pros"?

ā€œRecognized, experiencedĀ National Sports reportersā€ was a tad long to fit into the Thread subtopic. But yes, they are paid for their work.?

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet entering this week:

6th ranked QB in the NFL in touchdowns with 27.

Ā 

#1 rated QB in NFL in 4th quarter.

Ā 

Most 4th quarter comebacks since entering the league despite not starting or finishing 6 games due to injury.

Ā 

#1 rated QB on 3rd and long.

Ā 

13-6 record in games he started and finished since coming back from injury last year.

Ā 

Longest multiple TD streak in NFL this year

Ā 

Second only to Lamar in touchdowns since week 4.

Ā 

And all of this despite a frustrating OC, three topĀ WRs averaging 5ā€™10ā€ in height, 9 new players on offense, inconsistent OL play against top defenses, facing some ofĀ the best Dā€™s in the league late in the season, and still only having barley a season and a half of starts. Ā 
Ā 

Additionally, highest dropped passĀ rate in the NFL and Bills are second in total passes dropped in the NFL (and those stats are only counted on well placed balls).
Ā 

Yeah...I think there is a LOT more to love than complain about. Ā 

Thank you! Still, our agenda-based brethren wonā€™t let facts get in the way of their baseless tirades..

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Ā 

+1

Ā 

And Josh said as much himself after the game.Ā  He gets too amped up at the startĀ and has almost an adrenalin rush that makes him jittery.Ā Ā  When that wears off and he calms down, he performs much better.

Ā 

The big thing that will help him is experience.Ā  Ā He's getting a lot this year, with many tight games and the upcoming road playoff tilt.Ā  Ā That can only help him for next year and beyond.Ā  Once he learns to slow the game down and remove the peaks and valleys, he's going to be something special...Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Will the League lighten up itā€™s marijuana penalties this off season?? Could be a big help early on.

Ā 

Thanks, folks! Great discussion. Now Letā€™s go do some DAMAGE in the Playoffs!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1