3 Penalties - 30 yds for the Pats (How??)

CaliBills

Just now, CaliBills said:

Did you not see the 15 yd face mask on the QB sneak?  Or did you not think that was relevant?

I’m sure he saw it like everyone else on earth did on the replay. His point is that when teams lose, the easiest thing to do is blame the refs.

so ya. Here we go..

• Like (+1) 1

their offensive line is better than the Electric Company and 2017 Dallas Cowboys put together.

10 minutes ago, JinxedBill said:

Same old same old.  So fundamentally sound.  So well coached.  Greatest team ever.  Whatever. We’re in to Houston.

you mean to the Jets!

I cannot understand how the Patriots get away with their blatant holds. Some plays they flat out tackle guys. Plus, the Brady definition of “in the area” is anywhere in the stadium. They never call that guy fair on intentional grounding. I was shocked they called their pick plays today though, usually don’t get those calls. 

If you watch carefully about 2-3 lineman hold on nearly every pass play. They are clearly allowed a different level of "rules" than most of the league. Guys can block outside the pads or lock you up around the neck with no calls. This is getting old and simply discredits the shield. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Here we go.

let them have their weekly cry about the refs in their big pillows 

it’s a lousy way to live, and if your son or younger brother blames the refs then hurl a crumpled beer can at him and tell him to STFU about the refs

It’s not a patriot thing. It’s a franchise quarterback kinda thing. Packers, chiefs, Seahawks and others all get away with the same stuff on offense. It’s not a conspiracy it’s to protect the elite quarterbacks from injury. Brady has been protected for a very long time. Mahomes was extremely protected last season. It’s just the nfl protecting their investments. 
Crying about the refs especially on social media makes us all look silly. 
Good teams overcome bad officiating and regardless of what the pats get away with tonight the bills had every chance in the world to win. 

34 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s not a patriot thing. It’s a franchise quarterback kinda thing. Packers, chiefs, Seahawks and others all get away with the same stuff on offense. It’s not a conspiracy it’s to protect the elite quarterbacks from injury. Brady has been protected for a very long time. Mahomes was extremely protected last season. It’s just the nfl protecting their investments. 
Crying about the refs especially on social media makes us all look silly. 
Good teams overcome bad officiating and regardless of what the pats get away with tonight the bills had every chance in the world to win. 

Bullsh&t.

Well, maybe crying about it on social media makes those folks look silly. I agree with you on that. 

the NFL has an officiating problem.  It’s inconsistent in-game, and on plays where defensive holding is called one time to sustain a drive, and ignored the next time, why is it an issue to call it out.  I listen to Sirius NFL, and the officiating has been a major topic of conversation all season.  If the perspective is “special rules for special players” as you suggest, well, it’s even worse than incompetence, it’s in-game manipulation and thus...kinda sorta fixed, or tilted precariously. 

I don’t think it’s fixed by the way, but man I’d appreciate a Pats game where we walked away saying “Holy crap we got a break on that spot on 4th and one when the RB was obviously very short, and man we got that defensive holding call and then the officials just let em play, and man, we caught a real break when jerry Hughes grabbed Brady’s face mask on that sneak and they missed it”.

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

How about Brady never getting called for grounding? I just saw Goff get called for basically what Brady does 3-4 times per game. Just fling the ball to no one as he is about to get sacked. 

I came  to this thread to post the exact same thing.  Why the FUK is Brady exempt from Intentional Grounding penalties????

Seriously I want to know.  It cannot be denied. 

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Bullsh&t.

Well, maybe crying about it on social media makes those folks look silly. I agree with you on that. 

the NFL has an officiating problem.  It’s inconsistent in-game, and on plays where defensive holding is called one time to sustain a drive, and ignored the next time, why is it an issue to call it out.  I listen to Sirius NFL, and the officiating has been a major topic of conversation all season.  If the perspective is “special rules for special players” as you suggest, well, it’s even worse than incompetence, it’s in-game manipulation and thus...kinda sorta fixed, or tilted precariously. 

I don’t think it’s fixed by the way, but man I’d appreciate a Pats game where we walked away saying “Holy crap we got a break on that spot on 4th and one when the RB was obviously very short, and man we got that defensive holding call and then the officials just let em play, and man, we caught a real break when jerry Hughes grabbed Brady’s face mask on that sneak and they missed it”.

Oh I fully agree. The refs are bad all over. Similar to the NBA though they do protect their stars. A lot of teams can survive without a star receiver or defensive end but very few survive without a quarterback. 
It hurts the NFL to lose a Brady or Rodgers or Mahomes or someone due to injury. I have always felt they protect them. I don’t doubt for a second it’s dirty. Matter of fact when Brady actually ran tonight I was all for the flag, they should of ended him right then and there. You’re not a quarterback you’re a runner, let’s hit you like Allen gets hit and make them throw the flag and see the backlash. 

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

I came  to this thread to post the exact same thing.  Why the FUK is Brady exempt from Intentional Grounding penalties????

Seriously I want to know.  It cannot be denied. 

One today was not even close. In the pocket, about to get sacked, and threw it like 5 yards short of the line of scrimmage and receiver. Is that not the definition of intentional grounding?

the other one I recall was him just chucking it out of bounds with no receiver within 20 yards. 

57 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If you watch carefully about 2-3 lineman hold on nearly every pass play. They are clearly allowed a different level of "rules" than most of the league. Guys can block outside the pads or lock you up around the neck with no calls. This is getting old and simply discredits the shield. 

One play Hughes beat his man on the way to Brady the O lineman was tugging the back of his jersey the entire way impeading him. One run play right at the LOS Edelman blocked Poyer so hard from behind and pushed him to the ground. One run play Harry was holding Tre in the endzone, the Knox catch Chung was all over him- sure he caught it at the 1 but wow ! And yep the face mask on Allen too! But only 30 yards in penalties lol

There’s not even a debate that the patriots get a huge advantage from the officials. The spots were atrocious, the no call in intentional grounding was atrocious, the no call on the Josh Allen face mask was atrocious, the fact that they constantly hold on the line and it never gets called is atrocious, even the illegal contact and PI on Tre was ticky tack. These all have an impact on the game on their own, put together that it has a big impact on the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dubs said:

There’s not even a debate that the patriots get a huge advantage from the officials. The spots were atrocious, the no call in intentional grounding was atrocious, the no call on the Josh Allen face mask was atrocious, the fact that they constantly hold on the line and it never gets called is atrocious, even the illegal contact and PI on Tre was ticky tack. These all have an impact on the game on their own, put together that it has a big impact on the game. 

The PI on Tre, probably should have been a no call, or called on the offense! The WR initiated the contact!

Gilmore had a worthy interference call ignored, again

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dubs said:

What about the favorable spot that was reviewed and led to the 4th and 1 stop?