Allen slammed on ESPN

11 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

My favorite line from one of the other idiots: "If Duck Hodges hadn't thrown all those interceptions, he would have had a better day than Allen"  LMFAO...

I didn't listen.

Sounds like a totally bad football take:

1) The Bills defensive game plan was plainly to wipe out the Pitts rushing game as much as possible

Previous 3 games: 159, 124, 140 yds (no Connor, clearly their best back)

Bills game: 51 freakin' rush yards on 14 attempts (cue "waaa waaa waaaa" noise), 4 fumbles (1 lost)

Mission: accomplished

2) Second game plan goal, to make Hodges uncomfortable and trust their downfield coverage. 

They knew they'd give up some shots, and they were betting they'd get some picks in exchange as the "ducks" flew thickly.  4 INT

Duck DID throw all those interceptions, and it wasn't an accident.  Tre' Day been working overtime to up his pick game.  All of them watch Big Film. 

I swear sometimes these guys talk as though the goal of a football game is to make their fantasy football league soar by racking up the stats, rather than to win.

Dak Prescott is the perfect QB for them this year.  65% completions, 26 TD 11 INT, 310 ypg, 99.3 passer rating, and a 7-7 record.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Start at 6:13. This is some of the most vehement hate for Allen I've seen. Methinks this should find its way to Josh...

Absolutely ridiculous!

FFS...grow up and get some skin .....who cares.....how many more of these fire alarm threads are gonna get started?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Allen needs to tune that crap out, watch film, and do footwork drills.

He's been under fire since before the draft, it's nothing new.

"First things first I'mma say all the words inside my head I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh-ooh The way that things have been, oh-ooh
Second thing second Don't you tell me what you think that I can be I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh-ooh The master of my sea, oh-ooh "

So close, no matter how far, Couldn't be much more from the heart, Forever trust in who we are,And nothing else matters (...)
Trust I seek and I find in you, Every day for us something new, Open mind for a different view, And nothing else matters

I have no idea who those clown are and I'm guessing neither does Josh 

Sooo...Bills beat Steelers 17 to 10 with Steelers QB chucking 4 picks. This is an obvious sign that the Bills are mediocre and their QB is horrible.

The Pats* beat the Bills 16 to 10 with Bills QBs chucking 4 picks. I don’t remember these morons pissing on their wunderkind Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is why I haven’t watched ESPN in like 15 years. All 3 of these guys are utterly painful to listen to. 

Allen does have some work to do but it seems like he is progressing. Allen’s accuracy  seems tied to his footwork. When the O-Line gives him time to plant and throw he seems to hit players on target. 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I've tried watching this show before, I've never made it past the first commercial. Cringy, just brutal tv. 

Well, it is call "Highly Questionable". The show is the worst on ESPN taking into account EVERYTHING on their entire network. 

37 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

My favorite line from one of the other idiots: "If Duck Hodges hadn't thrown all those interceptions, he would have had a better day than Allen"  LMFAO...

I was laughing at this comment myself thinking "yeah, and if my Uncle had a *****; he would be my Aunt". It has to be the dumbest comment I have heard on sports talk TV in a long a$$ time.

edit: Really? the system uses the * to edit out the medical term for female genitalia? 

Edited by BigPappy
complaint
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't listen.

Sounds like a totally bad football take:

1) The Bills defensive game plan was plainly to wipe out the Pitts rushing game as much as possible

Previous 3 games: 159, 124, 140 yds (no Connor, clearly their best back)

Bills game: 51 freakin' rush yards on 14 attempts (cue "waaa waaa waaaa" noise), 4 fumbles (1 lost)

2) Second game plan goal, to make Hodges uncomfortable and trust their downfield coverage. 

They knew they'd give up some shots, and they were betting they'd get some picks in exchange as the "ducks" flew thickly.  4 INT

Duck DID throw all those interceptions, and it wasn't an accident.  Tre' Day been working overtime to up his pick game.  All of them watch Big Film. 

I swear sometimes these guys talk as though the goal of a football game is to make their fantasy football league soar by racking up the stats, rather than to win.

Dak Prescott is the perfect QB for them this year.  65% completions, 26 TD 11 INT, 310 ypg, 99.3 passer rating, and a 7-7 record.

Amen, brother. Hodges came into that game having success primarily throwing under 10 yards with a strong supporting running game. The Bills shut down the run game and forced them to open up the passing game more. Between the pressure and the coverage, the Bills' play had a lot to do with those interceptions.

58 minutes ago, George C said:

Until Allen IS consistently GREAT, which he is not yet, he will be disrespected.. 

It’s all up to Josh to get better.

Remember, talking heads are just that. They're opinion come second hand. As fast as they trash, they'll do a 180 next week. 

Even Jim Kelly wasn't consistently great and he is in the HOF.

The way to greatness is be consistently good

Jameis is talented but you can't win with him the way he does not take care of the ball.   

Anyway, you guys can get all butt hurt over this but there is some truth in what is being said.  The Bills are at the bottom in passing, completion % is low, Allen could not beat the cover 0 against Baltimore or NE, etc.   They exaggerated for sure and did not give him credit for doing what it takes to win and his 4th quarter play which deserves to be talked about.  Josh has made improvement but needs to continue that upward trend.

58 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Dan Le Batard.

Enough said. I'm surprised he's actually talking about sports. I used to get in my car and go to lunch, and my SiriusXM would be on ESPN radio, and I would listen to that joke of a show for 30 minutes and not once hear them actually talk about sports.

This.    Lebatard puts on a good show but he’s out of touch. 

Too rich and too woke and too laissez faire about everything in life. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Either you get the show or you don't.  I love the show, especially when they have females on (Kimes, Spain, Nolan....).

They too are not Bills fans (and again why should they be).  Allen has thrown for less then 150 yards/gm the last two weeks and heck they don't break down film or watch a whole lot to make an educated comment.  

So Winston 900 yards+ the past two games or Allen 290.....  I understand their pessimism (though it is wrong).

BTW it is completely on the coaching & Bills philosophy, which ignores the Offense & prays that they can score 17 points & the defense allows less.  They were absolutely right about Baltimore where they blitzed all game & Daboll couldn't figure out anything 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 2