Tell us your favorite Ref moment today...

r00tabaga

10 hours ago, Steptide said:

The call on Jordan Phillips on the first drive of the game was worse.  The Cowboys player was still standing, Phillips came running to hit him, actually missed and hit a Bills player, and was called for late hit.

So

-offensive player still standing and fighting for yards

-no whistle

-defender misses the tackle and makes no contact

-still a penalty

¿???????????

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

God there were so many to choose from.

Hands on Cooper by Tre (ticky tack) though Gilmore was allowed to mug him to death on Sunday.

No call on Josh (roughing the passer while sliding)

Hands to the face negating the TO.  Phillips I believe? Hand never went above the players neck. BS call to keep Dallas' drive alive.

Unsportsmanlike on Hughes, though that one was borderline.

The one legged TD that never should of needed reviewing.

The Gore 1st down they called short, even after clear review proved otherwise.

That’s a good summary.  I would add multiple muggings of Hughes and Ed Oliver that weren’t called (not one hold called on Dallas all day), plus another phantom hands to the face call.  Can’t remember who it was against.

i loved it, after one of the phantom hands to the face calls, Romo actually said “yeah, but remember those bogus tripping calls against the Cowboys last week”, as if those calls benefited the Bills’.

Edited by mannc

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I've never heard a commentator mock a kicker for missing a field goal on a live broadcast. Total bush league move.

It was Emmitt Smith making the comments, not the regular commentators.  You might have heard of him, and why he would celebrate positive outcomes for the Cowboys.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

The call on Jordan Phillips on the first drive of the game was worse.  The Cowboys player was still standing, Phillips came running to hit him, actually missed and hit a Bills player, and was called for late hit.

So

-offensive player still standing and fighting for yards

-no whistle

-defender misses the tackle and makes no contact

-still a penalty

¿???????????

I had forgotten this one- my FIL stated the flag was due to his intent- since he meant to cream him that it is part of rule. Sad part is as a Pat's* fan he likely actually believed intent is part of rule.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

That’s a good summary.  I would add multiple muggings of Hughes and Ed Oliver that weren’t called (not one hold called on Dallas all day), plus another phantom hands to the face call.  Can’t remember who it was against.

i loved it, after one of the phantom hands to the face calls, Romo actually said “yeah, but remember those bogus tripping calls against the Cowboys last week”, as if those calls benefited the Bills’.

I generally like Romo and I think what Romo was trying to insinuate is that the officials are not a high level group. Basically that all teams get screwed by the officials randomly.

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

God there were so many to choose from.

Hands on Cooper by Tre (ticky tack) though Gilmore was allowed to mug him to death on Sunday.

No call on Josh (roughing the passer while sliding)

Hands to the face negating the TO.  Phillips I believe? Hand never went above the players neck. BS call to keep Dallas' drive alive.

Unsportsmanlike on Hughes, though that one was borderline.

The one legged TD that never should of needed reviewing.

The Gore 1st down they called short, even after clear review proved otherwise.

I was going to say everyone of these as well,  this is why people in Buffalo and many other city's believe offials are corrupted and paid off. Where's our ***** apology from the NFL, I've never seen such a poorly officiated game that was so one sided. It's painfully obvious that the current officiating crews need to be purged and replaced.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

True but if we're thinking of the same play the DB never looked back for the ball. That'll draw the flag every time.

He didn't look back but my understanding is he still has to initiate the contact for the flag. I mean no big deal I thought that was a soft one that went our way and plenty of soft ones or even just blown ones went against us. 

9 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So, you believe that he saw the second foot land out of bounds, but called a touchdown anyway based upon an agenda? Under this premise, I’m guessing that this official had no idea that all scoring plays are automatically reviewed? 

Why would he call the TD if he *knew* it wasn’t, knowing the play would be reviewed? It’s much more likely that he thought it was a borderline play, and if it was called a TD, it would be reviewed versus if it was called incomplete it would force a coach to throw a flag. He made a bad call. Refs need to be better - much better. But, I tend to not believe in the “fix is in” scenario. 

I 100% believe that the league is in the officials.  Not every play.  I don’t think they told that particular ref to call that particular play a TD.  

it just doesn’t make sense, how anyone (that’s standing where he was) could be so sure that he got 2 feet down that he would overrule another officials incomplete call.....unless.

it wasn’t even close and he overruled another mans call.  Happens to us a lot. Like a lot a lot.  It’s rarely ever that the overrule is in our favor unless it’s an obvious call.  

It would be nice to believe that referees call the each game with zero bias or an agenda.   It’s just not reality.  

13 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

that was terrible. To be 100% fair, the closer ref (back judge i think) got the call right from the start. No clue whatsoever what the other ref was looking at that when he called it a TD. The second foot came down entirely in the white.

It's called letting the replay make the call because the ref likely didn't see it he figures call it a TD and if he's wrong oh well replay will fix it. Sometimes I think officials do this to allow them too. The one I lament is Gore not making the first down on the run where his knee wasn't down until he moved past the marker with his upper body. 

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I was going to say everyone of these as well,  this is why people in Buffalo and many other city's believe offials are corrupted and paid off. Where's our ***** apology from the NFL, I've never seen such a poorly officiated game that was so one sided. It's painfully obvious that the current officiating crews need to be purged and replaced.

I agree with what you said but don't hold your breath waiting for an apology when despite of the bias officiating we dominated the game. We would just be perceived as entitled cry babies which is far from reality.

16 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

The non-hold on Shaq where he had a free run at Dak, but was choke held so he couldn't get to him before he completed a pass. Was one of the most obvious non-calls I've ever seen.

I was screaming at my tv!!

and I think this was right after the hands to face that negated our INT. 
complete garbage.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

It's called letting the replay make the call because the ref likely didn't see it he figures call it a TD and if he's wrong oh well replay will fix it.

But then there was John Brown's TD last week that was first called incomplete. If your post is true, why didn't they call it a TD? The inconsistency is what leads people to suspect favoritism.

I am pretty sick of the Qb favoritism. I understand as a running QB, you're not going to be protected as much as a pocket passer. That is just the way it is. You show scrambling ability regularly, the refs treat you a little differently, fine.

But to not give us a roughing call on a totally late hit on the Qb a feet first slide....that was completely unacceptable, especially when the league is supposed to be caring about "player safety". Brady, or Brees, or or Mahomes,  etc etc all get that call, EVERY TIME. Dak gets it I bet.

Hell, one pinky on his jersey was enough to call back a pick!

9 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I am pretty sick of the Qb favoritism. I understand as a running QB, you're not going to be protected as much as a pocket passer. That is just the way it is. You show scrambling ability regularly, the refs treat you a little differently, fine.

But to not give us a roughing call on a totally late hit on the Qb a feet first slide....that was completely unacceptable, especially when the league is supposed to be caring about "player safety". Brady, or Brees, or or Mahomes,  etc etc all get that call, EVERY TIME. Dak gets it I bet.

Hell, one pinky on his jersey was enough to call back a pick!

Dak did get the call on his head first slide with similar contact from Hughes. If you watched that game you would think a head first slide is protected but a feet first is not.

I believe this is now a bills team that can get past those bad calls. in the past those calls likely get in to their heads and the distraction would of taken them off balance and caused a loss.

the good teams get past the penalties, they are showing they are a good team and move on to the next play. this is a league wide issue with the refs, not just game to game. it can get overblown when it does/has somehow managed to have a negative affect on the outcome of a game.

don't get me wrong, I'm not against the obvious blatant calls that mainly helped one team that is soon to be at the end of its run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Knox initiated the contact. He has a right to try catch the ball but he tries to move through the DB to do so. If the DB moves into him I agree it is PI. That is not what I saw. 

It's always PI there. The DB has both hands on Knox and isn't turned around. Knox tries to make the catch but the DB prevents that, if his head isn't turned it's a foul. The rule has always been called that way. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I 100% believe that the league is in the officials.  Not every play.  I don’t think they told that particular ref to call that particular play a TD.  

it just doesn’t make sense, how anyone (that’s standing where he was) could be so sure that he got 2 feet down that he would overrule another officials incomplete call.....unless.

it wasn’t even close and he overruled another mans call.  Happens to us a lot. Like a lot a lot.  It’s rarely ever that the overrule is in our favor unless it’s an obvious call.  

It would be nice to believe that referees call the each game with zero bias or an agenda.   It’s just not reality.  

Agreed. It's probably just a recent NBA type referee scam where the officials are making a little extra hay on the side.

Zebras are more than likely offered....that im absolutely sure.

I sincerely doubt the NFL would be stupid enough to be in on that.

Edited by r00tabaga

There was a call on Jordan Phillips in the first quarter for unnecessary roughness on Amari Cooper that put the Cowboys in position for their first TD. That call was total BS.

i went back and rewatched the “hit” multiple times and he never even touched Cooper. He missed him completely and only hit our guy. (I believe it was Milano) so the penalty was for INTENT only, not for actual contact. Total crap call.  (Which was made even more annoying by the non call on the shot Allen took after sliding on the very next series)

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Even worse than the phantom YD yesterday was the no catch call on Brown’s TD against Denver.  Anyone could tell it was a catch, and yet the Bills had to burn a challenge to get it right.  But what if they were out of challenges?

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

that was terrible. To be 100% fair, the closer ref (back judge i think) got the call right from the start. No clue whatsoever what the other ref was looking at that when he called it a TD. The second foot came down entirely in the white.

I was surprised that they chose to go with the other official who was further away but I think they did so they could review it. Still though, the other official was in perfect position and made the correct call and then the other zebra comes prancing in with his bestest "complete pass" signal, which screamed, "Oooh, look at me! I'mma eff this game all up now!" I feel as if the officials feel marginalized during games and just wanna be noticed so they go into hyper-douche mode and call 37 erroneous penalties. Even the way some of these guys make the announcement. Seems like it comes with some snark sometimes like, "Oh, you thought you had a nice 20 yard gain but you know what? I got da zebra shirt, I'm da head zebra, I'm in control, ME! Therefore, personal foul on your whole team for having the audacity to think they could have nice plays, my ball now!" I just...if anyone can get this message to Santa just tell him all I want this year is the entire NFL officiating staff to get kicked in their miniscule nuggets for a good three hours. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 2

Mine was hands to the face on Jordan Phillips erasing a Hyde pick. We would have scored a 3rd turnover in that second qtr.  Romo basically said it was the same type of phantom call the Boys had against the Pats on the tripping calls. 

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I believe this is now a bills team that can get past those bad calls. in the past those calls likely get in to their heads and the distraction would of taken them off balance and caused a loss.

the good teams get past the penalties, they are showing they are a good team and move on to the next play. this is a league wide issue with the refs, not just game to game. it can get overblown when it does/has somehow managed to have a negative affect on the outcome of a game.

don't get me wrong, I'm not against the obvious blatant calls that mainly helped one team that is soon to be at the end of its run.

excellent pov
in my previous post i mentioned i was just cool with getting the win.
There are always many factors a Team has to overcome to win of Gameday.
any one who thought Cowboys (americas Team  cough cough ) was not going to get the same treatment as the lowly Buffalo Bills. is surely naive.
Romo was killing me with his slanted narrative he held onto too long. and Nantz is just shot anyways.
Just par for the course.

Great win for Bills. Maybe one of the best in quite awhile.

f the favoritism. just kick arse Buffalo

and why are all these snuggies on my front porch from fed ex again?  lol Timmy

12 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Mine was hands to the face on Jordan Phillips erasing a Hyde pick. We would have scored a 3rd turnover in that second qtr.  Romo basically said it was the same type of phantom call the Boys had against the Pats on the tripping calls. 

good point about Romo's comment.

• Thank you (+1) 1