Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills-Ravens game is gonna be uggggly. I love my Bills, but there's just no way they're going to stop that rushing attack. They'll be lucky to prevent the Ravens from hanging a 50-burger.

I don't see the Ravens losing again until the playoffs, when Belichick -- in his second go-around against the Jackson -- will have a brilliant gameplan to completely shut him down, to the complete shock of everyone except Bills fans, who've seen this ***** a million times.

A bit of an overreaction there...not "Logic"al at all.  The Ravens have scored 50 once -- vs. Miami.  I think we can expect Baltimore to score in the high 20s or low 30s vs. the Bills -- the key will be whether Josh and the boys can hang with 'em.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

A bit of an overreaction there...not "Logic"al at all.  The Ravens have scored 50 once -- vs. Miami.  I think we can expect Baltimore to score in the high 20s or low 30s vs. the Bills -- the key will be whether Josh and the boys can hang with 'em.

its a classic overreaction at this time of year.... theres a team almost yearly that hits their stride a bit early and tapers off late. 

ravens have looked really good but people need to chill a bit. its getting silly.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills-Ravens game is gonna be uggggly. I love my Bills, but there's just no way they're going to stop that rushing attack. They'll be lucky to prevent the Ravens from hanging a 50-burger.

I don't see the Ravens losing again until the playoffs, when Belichick -- in his second go-around against the Jackson -- will have a brilliant gameplan to completely shut him down, to the complete shock of everyone except Bills fans, who've seen this ***** a million times.

Booooo!

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

PSSST  Cowboys Fans ..  Buffalo Beat the JETS.. You guys Lost to the JETS

Buffalo beat the jets with our bad offense- not what we've had the past couple weeks... I'm on the fence about this game, but i think we have a better shot than many will credit us. 

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

Any given sunday. I think the Bills speed at LB and versatility in the Secondary is a decent match up for the Ravens. The place where we aren't a good matchup is that we don't score quickly. I think if you want to beat the Ravens you have to score early and often. Try your best to make them one dimensional. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/24/2019 at 7:51 PM, LeGOATski said:

Cowboys fans think this is a sure win for them.

Cowboys fans should not think ANYTHING is a sure win for them right now (especially a team with a 2 game better record than them). 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Any given sunday. I think the Bills speed at LB and versatility in the Secondary is a decent match up for the Ravens. The place where we aren't a good matchup is that we don't score quickly. I think if you want to beat the Ravens you have to score early and often. Try your best to make them one dimensional. 

I hear ya.

For me, it's just the recognition that the one major way to beat the Bills defense is to run it straight at them, between the tackles. That just so happens to be what the Ravens do extremely well. The Bills can potentially shut the inside run down, but it will take a wholesale committing of the defense to that specific purpose, which will allow Lamar to run wild.

Over all, a Greg Roman offense vs a Leslie Frazier/Sean McDermott defense just doesn't seem like a good matchup to me. Only if the Bills either pull out something really exotic and shock the Ravens or are able to match them score-for-score do I see the game being close or interesting. I would say inclement weather could be a factor, but if anything, that would just help the Ravens and their power rushing attack even more.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hear ya.

For me, it's just the recognition that the one major way to beat the Bills defense is to run it straight at them, between the tackles. That just so happens to be what the Ravens do extremely well. The Bills can potentially shut the inside run down, but it will take a wholesale committing of the defense to that specific purpose, which will allow Lamar to run wild.

Over all, a Greg Roman offense vs a Leslie Frazier/Sean McDermott defense just doesn't seem like a good matchup to me. Only if the Bills either pull out something really exotic and shock the Ravens or are able to match them score-for-score do I see the game being close or interesting. I would say inclement weather could be a factor, but if anything, that would just help the Ravens and their power rushing attack even more.

You could be right. I personally wouldn't hate that loss if it has to happen anyways as I want the Ravens to steal homefield from NE (I'd rather win of course). But I think we're due for a "Sean McDermott is a badass" game wherein he shows the league why he's a top 5 Defensive mind. The Ravens might be a good opportunity for that. 

These two posts from a shining intellectual on the Gals message board:

I've watched every Bills game, they are probably the worst 8-3 team in NFL history.

They do not do one thing well on the offensive side of the ball and their defense is devoid of playmakers, except Tre White. They're a lot like the Pats defense, just not as talented in the secondary. If Dallas isn't stupid with their playcalling, they will have matchups to exploit in the air, and Buffalo doesn't have good edge rushers so I would expect Dak to, in general, have plenty of time to throw.

This is another game where, if Dallas doesn't come out and do a bunch of dumb stuff, they will win easily. It's just a 50/50 shot which team shows up.

Do you make stuff up on purpose or do you actually believe this?

They are a poor running team.

When asked if he's watched the Bills: 

Yes, every game.

Their entire offense is bad, including the run game. Just because they run a lot doesn't mean they're good at it. Gore is beyond washed and Singletary isn't a one-cut runner, he's the exact opposite of what the Cowboys struggle with.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

You could be right. I personally wouldn't hate that loss if it has to happen anyways as I want the Ravens to steal homefield from NE (I'd rather win of course). But I think we're due for a "Sean McDermott is a badass" game wherein he shows the league why he's a top 5 Defensive mind. The Ravens might be a good opportunity for that. 

After last night's drubbing of the Rams, the Ravens game is the one I have the LEAST confidence in going forward. Weirdly, I actually feel that the Bills have better chances to win at Dallas and at New England than I do against the Ravens at home.

And yes, it would be nice to see the Ravens get home field advantage in the playoffs. Anything that helps prevent Belichick's Pats going to a fourth straight Super Bowl. I'd like to think he'll have to get through the Chiefs and Ravens, but with the Pats luck, he'll just have to get through like the Texans and Colts. ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Cowboys fans should not think ANYTHING is a sure win for them right now (especially a team with a 2 game better record than them). 

that and you would have to think the pressure jerry is putting on garrett. it worked in the past as it seemed there was a time in his tenure he was questionable and on the hot seat and turned things around some but garrett may have run his course?. maybe jerry has reached his limit? it has to cause some kind of distraction, especially on a short week?

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

I can't see any world where the Bills beat the Ravens. They look like far and away the best team in football.

The Cowboys is winnable, which is why we need to win it. 

I agree that as of now the Ravens look like the best team in football, but every team is beatable. What were people saying about our chances v. the Vikings week 3 last year? The one-win Falcons beat the rolling one-loss Saints in New Orleans a couple weeks ago. And in this case, the Bills are actually ALSO a very good team. I don't see how the Bills beat the Ravens either, but it happens. They've been beaten twice this year.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I never thought I'd see them as breaking news..

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/1ce254d9-2759-3379-bf7a-180b1ce641ba/siran-neal-clears-concussion.html

Siran Neal clears concussion protocol
96.5 WCMFNovember 26, 2019

The Buffalo Bills should have one of their top special teams players and backup defenders back when they face the Dallas Cowboys this Thursday. Head coach Sean McDermott announced that safety Siran Neal, who missed last week's game against the Denver Broncos, has cleared the concussion protocol. Neal was listed as a full participant on Monday's injury report, which was only an estimation since the team only held a walk-through. Tackle Ty Nsekhe was still out with an ankle injury, as was wide receiver Robert Foster, who suffered a hamstring injury on Sunday. Center Mitch Morse, who left the game with a finger injury, was listed as a limited participant. For the Cowboys, starting defensive tackle

Bills, Cowboys have something to prove thanks to past opponents

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/25/buffalo-bills-dallas-cowboys-something-prove-record-opponents/

Thanksgiving football is something special. For the Buffalo Bills (8-3) and Dallas Cowboys (6-5), it will be an afternoon to show that one of these two teams are true contenders for the postseason. The Cowboys currently sit atop the NFC East standings, while the Bills hold a Wild Card spot in the AFC. Buffalo, for their part, is sporting their best record through 11 games since 1996. Dallas is working to claim its second consecutive NFC East crown. Yet, some of their progress clouded as a bit of a mirage. Dallas has struggled against superior competition, falling to New Orleans, Green Bay, Minnesota, and Dallas. Only their 10-point loss to the Packers was a defeat with a greater than one-score

THE COWBOYS ARE IN FIRST PLACE??!!

JFC, I hate being in the same division as the goddamn patriots. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

You taking bets on that?

Just now, GG said:

I need to rewatch the game again, but am I the only one who thinks that Feliciano is much stronger than Morse at the point of attack?

Feliciano seems more stout at POA but he also doesnt offer the athleticism to pull from the center position like Morse Does

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I feel like this is a must win game.

The Ravens look like the best team in football, and I don't want to head into Pittsburgh desperate for a win after dropping two in a row. 

NFC. Steelers are the must win game - if there is one. If somehow the Bills end up 8-6, then week 16 and 17 are must win games. Essentially, it’s not a must win....until it is. 

15 minutes ago, GG said:

I need to rewatch the game again, but am I the only one who thinks that Feliciano is much stronger than Morse at the point of attack?

i agree. Morse always was considered stronger in pass blocking than run blocking, and he is probably the better overall center, but Feliciano seems better suited to a power running attack.