Steelers win Sunday gives them same playoff probably as bills?

1 minute ago, Chill said:

6/2 vs 4/4. 

OP, you shouldn’t regurgitate fake news. 

they were talking about some Playoff Leverage tool ESPN has put there. And wasn’t same Odds just same increase in odds according to that tool

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chill said:

6/2 vs 4/4. 

OP, you shouldn’t regurgitate fake news. 

You have to factor in that the prediction is based in part on the Steelers being favored at home to beat the Bills and thus getting the head-to-head advantage.  The Bills haven't beaten Pittsburgh in Pitt in decades. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You have to factor in that the prediction is based in part on the Steelers being favored at home to beat the Bills and thus getting the head-to-head advantage.  The Bills haven't beaten Pittsburgh in Pitt in decades. 

That is not the OP. He was stating if both teams win THIS week, we have the same playoff probably. Which is ridiculously false. 

critical thinking skills. 

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

We do play each other - so that would give them the head 2 head.  They also would have a shot at their division with the ravens.  Our division is not in play really so... we only have wild card odds

Only prediction from OP is if both teams win this week.

Why wouldn’t our division be in play? We are 2 games out. 

That is not the OP. He was stating if both teams win THIS week, we have the same playoff probably. Which is ridiculously false. 

critical thinking skills. 

Only prediction from OP is if both teams win this week.

Why wouldn’t our division be in play? We are 2 games out. 

Assuming the ravens lose... and the patriots win after this week.  That would put them 1 game back and us 2 and 1/2 games back from NE.  The chance of them winning their division is higher than ours at that point.  

They have a better chance to win division, and at 4-4 would still have a fairly good shot at a WC because they would have beaten the colts to put them at 5-3.  

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, dneveu said:

We do play each other - so that would give them the head 2 head.  They also would have a shot at their division with the ravens.  Our division is not in play really so... we only have wild card odds

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Assuming the ravens lose... and the patriots win after this week.  That would put them 1 game back and us 2 and 1/2 games back from NE.  The chance of them winning their division is higher than ours at that point.  

They have a better chance to win division, and at 4-4 would still have a fairly good shot at a WC because they would have beaten the colts to put them at 5-3.  

Stop talking sense.

• Like (+1) 2

The Steelers schedule looks pretty inviting (Colts at home, Rams at home, 2 v. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Arizona, Buffalo at home, Jets and Ravens) and the Bills are looking at a 4 game stretch including @Dallas on Thanksgiving, Baltimore, @Pittsburgh, @ New England.

Let's say for the sake of argument the Bills lose all of those games because any one of those game would represent the first time McClappy won any game like that.  That gives them 6 losses and no tie breaker v. either Baltimore or Pittsburgh.  They'd need win every other game on the schedule in that scenario to avoid 9-7.  9-7 puts you in bad situations with Pittsburgh or Baltimore or both. No hiccups, no bad days, no squandered opportunities. Nothing.  You feel good about a week 17 game v. the Jets on a 4 game losing streak knowing that if you lose the loser of the Ravens/Steelers game that day has the tiebreaker over you and will probably knock you out? Yeah I didn't think so. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

there has but not with the way the AFC unfolded this year. Get to 10. And you are in. 

I think that's right. No one else beside the Bills and Pats in the AFC East is going to get to 10, and I feel the same way about the AFC West beyond KC. The AFC Central will be its usual clusterf**k with 4 teams finishing within two games of 8-8. The only teams with a chance of getting to 10 wins in the AFC Central are Baltimore and Pitt, and the latter is 3-4 with a fairly unimpressive young QB. He's going to lose them a couple of games at least. 

Edited by dave mcbride

In case anyone wanted to know this is what Schopp was talking about 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I think that's right. No one else beside the Bills and Pats in the AFC East is going to get to 10, and I feel the same way about the AFC West beyond KC. The AFC Central will be its usual clusterf**k with 4 teams finishing within two games of 8-8. The only teams with a chance of getting to 10 wins in the AFC Central are Baltimore and Pitt, and the latter is 3-4 with a fairly unimpressive young QB. He's going to lose them a couple of games at least. 

yep and the South is just going to beat themselves up as well. 10 wins gets you in. 9 wins and you may need a little help. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The latter lost to 7-0 San Francisco, 6-2 Seattle, and 5-2 Baltimore by a combined 9 points.  The Bills just lost to the previously 3-4 Eagles by 18 points. But yes, stay cocky.  The Bills will win 10 games. No problem.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm actually surprised it's not a greater increase for the Steelers in that situation. They're playing a team that would be in direct competition for them for that spot, while we play an NFC team.

Lol at everyone ignoring the "playoff odd INCREASE" aspect of this, while breathing through their mouths and screeching that it claims we have the same total chance. Hate stats all you want, but at least hate what they claim, and not something you made up because you're too lazy to read entire whole sentences!

Edited by arcane

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I was gonna argue that we beat them in playoffs and then realized that was 25 years ago. Man I am getting old 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The latter lost to 7-0 San Francisco, 6-2 Seattle, and 5-2 Baltimore by a combined 9 points.  The Bills just lost to the previously 3-4 Eagles by 18 points. But yes, stay cocky.  The Bills will win 10 games. No problem.

The Bills have the easiest schedule I've ever seen. They have five quite bad teams on tap: Miami, the Jets, the Redskins, Denver, and the Browns. They also have to play one great team on the road, 1 pretty good team at home (Baltimore), and one so-so team with a very inexperienced QB who looks to be about as generic as it gets (Rudolph).  I think Miami, the Jets, the Redskins, and Denver are locks. The Browns is a winnable game but tougher, although the Bills have far better coaching. 

Pittsburgh has to play Indy, the Rams, and the Ravens. They also have AZ on the road, and AZ is not bad. 

The Bills are more likely to get to ten wins than Pittsburgh.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Get your head out of the clouds my man. This is just in hypothetical outer space. 

Get your head out of the clouds my man. This is just in hypothetical outer space. 

Pittsburgh absolutely has a better chance of winning their division than the Bills. Do you REALLY think that the Pats' chances of winning the AFC East aren't effectively 99+%? The Ravens haven't won more than 10 games since 2011. The Patriots haven't won less than 11 games since 2009. 

Just now, row_33 said:

I couldn’t care less about the Ravens since 2011

Past performance has no control on present or future events

So you think the Bills have an equal or better chance of winning the division as the Steelers? If I were a betting person, I would literally bet the farm that the Patriots are going to win the division. I would not bet the farm on Baltimore. 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

So you think the Bills have an equal or better chance of winning the division as the Steelers? If I were a betting person, I would literally bet the farm that the Patriots are going to win the division. I would not bet the farm on Baltimore. 

Put 5k down. ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

it hasn't happened often, but there are some 10 win teams that missed the playoffs.  

There have been 11 win teams that have missed the playoffs.  In 2008, the 11-5 Pats lost the division to Miami and the final WC to the Ravens on tie-breakers.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

All divisions are in play until it's clinched. Who knows, maybe Brady gets hurt. Maybe Gilmore gets hurt. Maybe that defense gets exposed by a game plan and the Pats offense isn't the terror it once was. Maybe they lose to Baltimore, KC and Buffalo. Probably not, but stranger things have happened and that's why we play 16 games. The Bills may go 12-4 or they may go 8-8. What if they win out or lose out. Chances are neither but no one knows until it's over. Of course, the only thing that is 100% is that we all hope and pray for a Patriot demise. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SoTier said:

There have been 11 win teams that have missed the playoffs.  In 2008, the 11-5 Pats lost the division to Miami and the final WC to the Ravens on tie-breakers.

...which was an anomaly if you consider Cassell led the charge with Brady out for the year........didn't the Seahawks make it one year at 7-9?.............

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

last time was what, 1992 Playoffs??

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills have the easiest schedule I've ever seen. They have five quite bad teams on tap: Miami, the Jets, the Redskins, Denver, and the Browns. They also have to play one great team on the road, 1 pretty good team at home (Baltimore), and one so-so team with a very inexperienced QB who looks to be about as generic as it gets (Rudolph).  I think Miami, the Jets, the Redskins, and Denver are locks. The Browns is a winnable game but tougher, although the Bills have far better coaching. 

Pittsburgh has to play Indy, the Rams, and the Ravens. They also have AZ on the road, and AZ is not bad. 

The Bills are more likely to get to ten wins than Pittsburgh.

@Miami is no way a lock. We go there with Fitzy still trying to get their first win, it will probably be against us

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...which was an anomaly if you consider Cassell led the charge with Brady out for the year........didn't the Seahawks make it one year at 7-9?.............

Yes they did in 2010 in Pete Carroll's first season as HC.  They were the division champs. 

Tim Tebow led the 8-8 Broncos to the 2011 AFCW title and actually won their WC game on an 80 TD pass to Demaryus Thomas in OT.  They got their clocks cleaned the next week by NE, 45-10.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ******* said:

Just heard on wgr that if both bills and Steelers win Sunday they have same playoff probability . Thiught that was interesting 

They are both 2 games back of division lead and lost to their division leader.

so winning the division they could have similar odds if you say buffalo can easily win next weekend at Clevrland with New England on bye.

buffalo is 2games ahead of the wild card spots now.