New Antonio Brown Article

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well these are all solid points, a lot of elite  football players have been treated like kings their entire playing lives, doing what they want and getting away with it is not uncommon. No doubt many of them going back to high school have done some despicable things.  

But the reality is the publicity is now out in the open.  The NFL for whatever reason set themselves up as the moral arbiter of players, if the NFL doesn't address this, meaning AB is off the team, then any pretense of the moral high ground is a joke and they should abandon the practice 100%. 

I agree, the NFL needs to make a choice as

to whether they are going to hold that moral arbiter position. Their position on player discipline seems to be quite inconsistent. If they don’t discipline Brown, they should discontinue their practice of player discipline completely. Personally, I’ve always had an issue with how the league dealt with discipline. That’s why I played devils advocate with my statement regarding player indiscretions unknown to the public.

If Goodell wants to play judge and juror, the league needs to establish normal workplace rules. Even missteps the average fan doesn’t know about need to be punished. How many NFL players post social media stuff that would get many of us fired? How many arrests etc?  If the league is serious about player discipline, treat them like people with a normal job. If that were the case, maybe we wouldn’t have the Brown situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Do you have children who play sports?

My youngest is 30. So no. Do you guys remember the Charles. Barkley nike commercials from the early 90s. His first line was " I am not a role model"

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

You do realize the people wearing said laundry represent the laundry right?

No the people in the laudry are just passing by.

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

My youngest is 30. So no. Do you guys remember the Charles. Barkley nike commercials from the early 90s. His first line was " I am not a role model"

So Tom Brady means nothing to you?

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Sir Charles may have not been a role model, but I think his worst crime was his golf swing. Very different from the things AB has done, and will continue to do. 

Just now, Chris66 said:

There's a difference between not caring if someone is a role model and being okay with a guy who has a history of sexually abusing women just because he helps your team win.

You don't seem to care, but that's a trend among Pats* fans, so I'm not terribly surprised.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

If he is good for the team and helps them win sure why not. Like I said. I could give a rats behind how he is as a person. I dont know him

37 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I learned a long time ago not to hold athletes to any moral standard. I dont care. I also have learned in this league if you want the true story you follow the money

It is a sad commentary that you choose what helps your team win over any moral standard of conduct. Well, at least your a fan of the right team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Did Barkley say: I'm not a role model....so it's perfectly acceptable to be a horrible human being...?

Just because you're not a role model doesn't mean you become an immoral harasser without integrity.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

There's a difference between not caring if someone is a role model and being okay with a guy who has a history of sexually abusing women just because he helps your team win.

You don't seem to care, but that's a trend among Pats* fans, so I'm not terribly surprised.

Friends of mine were rubbing the AB signing in my face when it happened. They have been oddly silent since.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"Hey...if a sexual assaulter helps my team win...so be it.  I don't know him or those women so WHO CARES".  

If the accusations are true he will have his day in a real courtroom which will end up costing him a nice chunk of change

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Report: Antonio Brown harasses latest accuser via text message

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/20/report-antonio-brown-harasses-latest-accuser-via-text-message/

"Antonio Brown may have crossed the line, as far as the NFL and the Patriots are concerned.

Robert Klemko of SI.com reports that Brown has sent harassing text messages to the unnamed accuser who shared allegations with Klemko regarding Brown’s behavior after Brown hired her to paint a mural at his house."

Image result for bugs bunny what a maroon gif

this guy is just gonna keep doing whatever he wants until someone puts a stop to it. Something is wrong with this guy

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The oddest thing is that of all the teams in the league, the one they should be LEAST desperate to put their uniform on this turd is the Pats. They should not have to stoop this low. They have won and will win without him  Yet, they can’t resist. 

If Belichek was such a great coach he certainly wouldn't need AB.

It is almost as if Belichek is a sociopath, he seems to enjoy it, he  wants to do whatever he wants.

He said, she said... until you group text threats to the 'she' while including your attorney in them. 

As a woman? Anyone can be accused of anything, it does not make it so.

This? Yeah, AB crossed a BIG line and if the NFL does not suspend him (or the Patriots can do it themselves as the Patriots can suspend him even if the NFL doesn't), welllllllll I don't expect football players to be choir boys, but this is beyond the pale.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Friends of mine were rubbing the AB signing in my face when it happened. They have been oddly silent since.

Again. Pats* fans.  We know who they are.

And now AB is dropped by Nike.

Do you know how effed up you have to be to get dropped by Nike?

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

If the accusations are true he will have his day in a real courtroom which will end up costing him a nice chunk of change

But until then, he's harassing in text another woman and in general talks to people like they're just trash....WHO CARES since I don't know him or the woman.  It doesn't personally affect me so I just don't care.  

28 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Again. Pats* fans.  We know who they are.

And now AB is dropped by Nike.

Do you know how effed up you have to be to get dropped by Nike?

Nice list of athletes dropped by sponsors.  Mostly violent crime and PED-related.  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/24-athletes-lost-huge-endorsement-090239873.html

One messed up one ... Magic Johnson dropped by multiple sponsors after coming out with HIV diagnosis.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Nice list of athletes dropped by sponsors.  Mostly violent crime and PED-related.  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/24-athletes-lost-huge-endorsement-090239873.html

One messed up one ... Magic Johnson dropped by multiple sponsors after coming out with HIV diagnosis.

I can't believe we've basically cured HIV but haven't figured out the peanut allergy.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

You are so full of shyt.

So, when Tom Brady retires he will be forgotten by you because he “just wore the laundry”?

I guess dishonesty isn’t just contained within the Patriots organization but also extends to their fanbase.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1