It's FOOTBALL TIME! Thurs nite GB at Chicago, 8:20 ET on NBC

Coach Tuesday

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The Packers OL is awful.  I can't believe it's just the players - do they even have blocking schemes, or are they coached to just run around aimlessly and try to confuse the defense?

It's been Buffalo's pass blocking scheme going back to JP Losman.....

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, and so many want to do away with preseason games, the the end result is what you said, the early in season games look awful. 

personally I'm ok with 2 preseason games, but I think the last CBA limited organized team practices and limited the number of contact practices. Teams have looked more and more sloppy in the first month.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

It's been Buffalo's pass blocking scheme going back to JP Losman.....

Oh, no.  This is far worse.  

On another topic: I wish I could slap this telecast.  But at least they put together a "100 years of" montage without showing Wide Right or the Homerun Throwup.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So Trubisky is sitting at a 62% and I wouldn't say he's been a good passer this game.

That’s why completion percentage in and of itself is a joke statistic. You could probably have a 75% completion rate if all your passes travel no more than 3 yards.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This is what people want Josh to be.

Shows you that stat nerds don't know football.

I think it just shows how too vague/basic a stat completion % is you have to go way deeper to get an actual idea of what's going on.

Edited by Warcodered

Just now, Warcodered said:

I think it just shows how too vague/basic a stat completion % is you have to go way deeper to get an actual idea of what's going on.

No, I've seen people advocating putting him into a dink and dunk offense.

That would be a tragedy, imo.

• Thank you (+1) 3

They're having to burn too many time outs trying to get their ***** together.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I mean I do think he needs to be better at that type of offense but I don't think Allen will ever not throw that pass on third down at the end of the half for the Bears. He needs to be better taking what he's given while not losing the willingness to sling it downfield it's an interesting balance.

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Draft a qb with Allen's arm and then go dink and dunk. It's like drafting OJ and using him as a decoy. I suppose the young'uns won't get this reference.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You forgot Chris Hogan and Don Beebe

Including Brandon Reilly in the list was the joke.

Edited by Dr. Who

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He is a legend for white WR.

Steve Largent, Bilitnikof, Wes Welker and Brandon Reilly are the others.

You B word! How dare you forget Chris Hogan!

giphy.gif

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Draft a qb with Allen's arm and then go dink and dunk. It's like drafting OJ and using him as a decoy.

It's what people want around here...65% completion rate+

I'd rather have chunk plays.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the problem with week 1 ...limited training camp contact practices combined with limited playing time for starters in the the preseason.   And the result is very average week 1 football with teams looking out of sync.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They're having to burn too many time outs trying to get their ***** together.

I mean I do think he needs to be better at that type of offense but I don't think Allen will ever not throw that pass on third down at the end of the half for the Bears. He needs to be better taking what he's given while not losing the willingness to sling it downfield it's an interesting balance.

No he doesn't. They need to tailor an offense to HIS skillset, not shoehorn him into some 3-5 yard passing offense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Draft a qb with Allen's arm and then go dink and dunk. It's like drafting OJ and using him as a decoy. I suppose the young'uns won't get this reference.

1st, I think we may have had some front office/coaching staffs that may have thought of using OJ as a decoy..... (Might be a good offence though, imagine going out on defence and seeing OJ just standing there, maybe with some gloves and nice shoes?)

2nd, you still disrespected the great  white WRs by not including Beebe and Hogan.....

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's what people want around here...65% completion rate+

I'd rather have chunk plays.

Well, they have Cole Beasley and Daboll is recreating the Pats* offense. I understand you probably shouldn't run the old Raider's style vertical passing game. I'm not against moving the chains and creating matchup problems. But the long ball has to be a key part of your game when you have a fella that can throw it eighty yards and speedy wrs that can go get it. Run game and underneath routes benefit as well. I think they know that, so I'm not too concerned they are going to ask Allen to simply take the easy short stuff. They'll be easy short routes because the D has to fear the chunk plays.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No he doesn't. They need to tailor an offense to HIS skillset, not shoehorn him into some 3-5 yard passing offense.

I'd rather he be able to play well at every level of the field. More like what he did in the 2nd preseason game taking the easy short stuff when it's there but also taking the longer stuff when he's got it.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This I think is the biggest mistake coaches make, not tailoring their systems to the players they have. You don't go 'dink & dunk' with a QB who can air it out deep and has a knock of not being horribly accurate. You start finding fast WRs who can get down field and get them the ball. Just like you don't take a weaker armed QB and put them into a 'greatest show on turf' air it out offence.