Dave Chappelle Sticks and Stones

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Are you saying that there may be fake news from a side with an agenda?

Noooo. That's impossible. Probably just a rounding error. Like hurricanes in Alabama.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't understand the rotten tomatoes thing. I can find both pages on the site.

What's this?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dave_chappelle_sticks_and_stones

and then this

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/dave_chappelle

The 79/90 number is for Dave Chappelle himself.

The 29/99 number is for the Sticks and Stones special

is that right?

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Here's the actual Rotten Tomatoes site for Sticks and Stones:

Screenshot-20190905-112928.png

Not exactly 29-99 is it. Is someone on the internet starting s***?

Not exactly the right comedy special you're showing here, is it? 

Here's the current rating.

39rmgt.jpg

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

DANG GOOGLE! I SAID STICKS AND STONES! :P Sorry. I was using my phone (+ poor eyesight)

rotten-sticks.jpg

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Are you saying that there may be fake news from a side with an agenda?

I really didn't think Clay Travis would tweet it if it was totally fake.  Promo turned out to the faker of news but at least he admitted his mistake.  The other site I frequent, they would try to spin it how they were still right.  

3 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Here's the current rating.

39rmgt.jpg

27 minutes ago, bbb said:

I really didn't think Clay Travis would tweet it if it was totally fake.  Promo turned out to the faker of news but at least he admitted his mistake.  The other site I frequent, they would try to spin it how they were still right.  

Pay attention to the vote count though.  16,221 audience members voted and 9 on the tomato meter.  A few negative votes will really skew that poll.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, section122 said:

Pay attention to the vote count though.  16,221 audience members voted and 9 on the tomato meter.  A few negative votes will really skew that poll.

You're right.  I just checked and the it's up to 10 critics and the percent is down to 30%!  LOL  

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Gotta say I disagree here. I didn’t find it consistently entertaining. He has some great punches but I lost interest as he drones on. I think he is a great writer but his delivery is not my favorite. 

Same here, watched it last night...some funny bits but overall not in the league of Eddie Murphy's "Delirious."  

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Gotta say I disagree here. I didn’t find it consistently entertaining. He has some great punches but I lost interest as he drones on. I think he is a great writer but his delivery is not my favorite. 

It was good and the backlash seems overstated...  but the wild appreciation seems to likewise be a lot of pent up frustration and not necessarily a true reflection of the quality. 

It it wasn’t a bad set or anything. Just don’t think it deserves the extremely polar criticism or fawning 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

It was good and the backlash seems overstated...  but the wild appreciation seems to likewise be a lot of pent up frustration and not necessarily a true reflection of the quality. 

It it wasn’t a bad set or anything. Just don’t think it deserves the extremely polar criticism or fawning 

Well, yeah. A lot of the material he did doesn’t have a long shelf life. But e.g. the Juicy Smollett bit is ? commentary that the late night guys can’t or wouldn’t do.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Critics always have a hard time grading comedy because it's more subjective.  Plus, you only have seven opinions and they may need to up the sample size.

Joe Rogan said this actually started with five super woke critics and it was at 0%.  Then, they finally let the public vote and they went right to 99% 

On 9/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, bbb said:

You're right.  I just checked and the it's up to 10 critics and the percent is down to 30%!  LOL  

they will lose their jobs if they support Chappelle

best line.... "but i'm not a *******"

• Like (+1) 1

heard that RT declared that only 5 critics would be allowed to judge it and they carried through with 0% support.

THEN they opened it to the unwashed and they gave it 99%

now the critics are open to a few more and they are somewhat allowed to approve

thanks for all this censorship, you are so out of touch....

12 hours ago, bbb said:

Joe Rogan said this actually started with five super woke critics and it was at 0%.  Then, they finally let the public vote and they went right to 99% 

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

heard that RT declared that only 5 critics would be allowed to judge it and they carried through with 0% support.

THEN they opened it to the unwashed and they gave it 99%

now the critics are open to a few more and they are somewhat allowed to approve

thanks for all this censorship, you are so out of touch....

Wait, where'd you hear that?