Preseason Colts at Bills 7 pm

21 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Exactly. That was not the call. He saw the hole, hit it quick, changed direction and broke it to the outside. And he looks to have some wheels. Vision and burst. I want to see more of this kid.

Anyone know Wades 40 time?

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Subtract Luck from this team and they are 0–16

but Luck was subtracted from the team for a whole season and they didn't do that so....

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Foster can bumble around for 4 quarters, but bottom line is he’s capable of at least one of those plays per game.  

In the modern NFL, where everyone but Brady relies on chunk plays, he’s worth it. 

But isn't John Brown more "worth it" in that role at this point? 

2 hours ago, skibum said:

The new team looks so different. They look... competent.

add "except Bodine" to this and I agree.

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

but Luck was subtracted from the team for a whole season and they didn't do that so....

But isn't John Brown more "worth it" in that role at this point? 

Absolutely, but we still need a back up vertical threat.  Given Josh Allen’s arm, having two guys like that is almost a necessity. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Seemed like the way he holds the ball was awkward but he can fly. Bet he’s been fumbling in camp or doesn’t catch well. 

The way he was holding the ball is called TEXTBOOK form. Five points of contact. High and tight.

I'll bet he he's NOT been fumbling in camp. Rugby players don't fumble without a fight. That big ass ball is slippery, too. You gotta hug it hard and high.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Absolutely, but we still need a back up vertical threat.  Given Josh Allen’s arm, having two guys like that is almost a necessity. 

Yes I agree in theory. Foster still has to prove it consistently in practice and in these prove it games. I know it's not his bag but he had a bad drop on the short crossing route. And that's Barkley throwing to him, who isn't firing it in there like Josh would. 

And that's another thing - Allen still needs better accuracy on those deep throws for guys like Foster to even have a chance to make a consistent impact. Josh looked great on the intermediate option and spacing routes he threw tonight to Cole. He did NOT look accurate on his deep throws, and they dialed up those right away for him. He can get it out there, for sure. Question remains if he can put it on guys like Brown and Foster consistently in stride. 

Honestly the deep toss from Tyree to Foster that got overturned was the prettiest deep throw I saw tonight. Compare that throw on the move to Allen overthrowing Zay by 5 yards when Zay had 3 steps on his guy.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The way he was holding the ball is called TEXTBOOK form. Five points of contact. High and tight.

I'll bet he he's NOT been fumbling in camp. Rugby players don't fumble without a fight. That big ass ball is slippery, too. You gotta hug it hard and high.

So, then catching?  Just trying to figure out why he’s not an all pro kick returner or at least I think he can be. So who’s better? 

Or or is it learning curve? He outran a lot of elite athletes with ease. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So, then catching?  Just trying to figure out why he’s not an all pro kick returner or at least I think he can be. So who’s better? 

He's not all-anything because he just played his first organized football game tonight. I don't know how well he catches, or picks up blitzers, or performs any of the other nuanced tasks NFL RBs need to master. But he runs well and secures the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yes I agree in theory. Foster still has to prove it consistently in practice and in these prove it games. I know it's not his bag but he had a bad drop on the short crossing route. And that's Barkley throwing to him, who isn't firing it in there like Josh would. 

And that's another thing - Allen still needs better accuracy on those deep throws for guys like Foster to even have a chance to make a consistent impact. Josh looked great on the intermediate option and spacing routes he threw tonight to Cole. He did NOT look accurate on his deep throws, and they dialed up those right away for him. He can get it out there, for sure. Question remains if he can put it on guys like Brown and Foster consistently in stride. 

Honestly the deep toss from Tyree to Foster that got overturned was the prettiest deep throw I saw tonight. Compare that throw on the move to Allen overthrowing Zay by 5 yards when Zay had 3 steps on his guy.

bro nobody has a 100% completion rate on passes 35+ yards I mean... at best you are looking at low % throws the longer and deeper you go. Which is why NFL offenses typically don't dial up a ton of bombs as a game plan. 

I agree though, when the play is there to be made (like there was one tonight) you want to hit those really bad and it sucks every time you miss them. But lets be honest about it eh?

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

bro nobody has a 100% completion rate on passes 35+ yards I mean... at best you are looking at low % throws the longer and deeper you go. Which is why NFL offenses typically don't dial up a ton of bombs as a game plan. 

I agree though, when the play is there to be made (like there was one tonight) you want to hit those really bad and it sucks every time you miss them. But lets be honest about it eh?

That's true and fair - he did not have a big enough sample size on deep balls tonight obviously to judge if he's gotten better from last year. My main point though, I suppose, was being very impressed on the short/intermediate throws that we were able to see. Besides the one he booted to Jones on 3rd down, he looked sharp on those. And those sit-down, find the hole in the zone type routes require timing - something they criticized Allen about coming out into the league. Very impressed on the little we saw of that last night.

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I know that it was Wade's first game of any kind and first carry but was that his first play? It was first play of the drive and I don't recall him being in before. 

Yes. It was literally the first time he touched the ball in an nfl game. Amazing. 

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The pass that looked long to Tommy Sweeney probably would have been right on the money had Sweeney not been held, the penalty that was called on the field for the defender tugging on his jersey. 

Agreed. Allen sailed two passes out of 11. He had at least two more that hit the receiver in the hands. On the flip side I thought Allen led that wide open pass to Zay a bit far, forcing him to tip toe the sideline to stay in. But overall I thought his accuracy was decent.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Agreed. Allen sailed two passes out of 11. He had at least two more that hit the receiver in the hands. On the flip side I thought Allen led that wide open pass to Zay a bit far, forcing him to tip toe the sideline to stay in. But overall I thought his accuracy was decent.

In the post game press conference, Allen said that was the one throw he wanted back. He broke down exactly why it was off. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I know that it was Wade's first game of any kind and first carry but was that his first play? It was first play of the drive and I don't recall him being in before. 

He had one pass target from TJ6 that was of the mark, uncatchable.

21 hours ago, freddyjj said:

But that was in college.  Can't separate as seen in camp.  Has a HS body so needs 1 or 2 years in NFL weight training room to be a capable WR  in NFL 

Yes but like I said there will be an adjustment period at this level. There is for all rookies. Look how long it took Ray Ray to start to show something in camp. It'll take time but once it clicks I expect great things from him. I just hope we will be able to stash him on our PS