Tom Brady signs extension

CNY315

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sources tell me this is Brady’s last season at the request of Kraft and Belichick.  They are going all-in this season for one more title (and yes Gronk is coming back after TC), and they will tank next season for Trevor Lawrence.  

Please tell me the bolded is just a joke.  I'm also a little skeptical that Belichick will tank for anyone; I don't think he knows how to do that.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lighten up Shirley.   Jesus.  

5 bedroom 7 bath 

Nah its just so lame that we are so focused  on every little single Pats move. It's time to move on from them  and make them irrelevant  

21 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

His contract also allows him to be a FA in 2020 and he can''t be tagged

"Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that the new Brady contract contains a clause that voids the agreement on the final day of the 2019 league year, and that prevents the Patriots from using the franchise tag or the transition tag on Brady in 2020. Thus, barring a new deal before the start of the 2020 league year in March, Brady will become a free agent."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/05/new-contract-puts-tom-brady-on-track-for-free-agency-in-2020/

Hes going to San Francisco and they're trading Garrapolo back :D

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sources tell me this is Brady’s last season at the request of Kraft and Belichick.  They are going all-in this season for one more title (and yes Gronk is coming back after TC), and they will tank next season for Trevor Lawrence.  

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

Could be relevant combined with his pending FA status in 2020.

For all of his mental acumen, he does not have the ability to drive the ball consistently outside the numbers anymore. The Pats adjusted to that on the fly last year by going heavy on the ground, but with two weeks to prep the Rams had the Pats pretty much contained in the SB. It will be hard for him to keep going if defenses don't have to defend the whole field.

but 61 miles an hour !!

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Kraft demanded Kiara Mia as part of the trade.

Who?

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Closer to  NYC....

TB12 to replace Eli Manning?  

Making NY great again !!

1 hour ago, teef said:

i think i'm going to call the realtor and act like an interested buyer so i an see the home.  while there, i'll rub my balls on any surface i can reach.  i don't know what this will accomplish, but it seems like the right thing to do.

You and Wes Welker will be like... HGTV's version of Eskimo brothers...

In your case, though, I doubt Mr. Bundchen will be prancing around with you pointing and squeeling "Oh... Oh... do it over there, now... that's it, right on my pillow.  MmmmmHmmmm, I can't wait for those good dreams tonight."

Oh, and given there's a reasonable probability you'll find Marky Mark hiding in the one of the closets, if you do will you punch him in the face for me?

• Haha (+1) 1

What I think is interesting about this extension is that it was basically a way to get him more money this season and then convert him to a year by year type contract.  The last 2 years void at the end of this season and he can't be tagged.  I was not familiar of any contracts having language stating they can not be tagged, although they are probably out there.  I have a feeling this language will start being built into more and more deals for players who have leverage like Brady.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I fully believe they will try and get Trevor Lawrence as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Did he write actual size on it?

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What I think is interesting about this extension is that it was basically a way to get him more money this season and then convert him to a year by year type contract.  The last 2 years void at the end of this season and he can't be tagged.  I was not familiar of any contracts having language stating they can not be tagged, although they are probably out there.  I have a feeling this language will start being built into more and more deals for players who have leverage like Brady.

Yeah, like...

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Oh my god... "Tom Brady signs extension" is a different topic than "Tom Brady puts home on market." Excessive moderation making it difficult to access desired content quickly, again. Did PFT merge all of its recent articles about Brady?

Thank you!!  I hate when we can’t keep all our Tommy threads organized!

20 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I'm guessing one of those garage bays is a pass through to the back parking lot. 

I assumed as much,  though its a spot of a bother no?    especially for guests.  

Breathalizer before you pass through the garage after a party?  of Valet parking only? 

On 8/7/2019 at 7:38 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

hopefully 

?format=1500w

What did I say???

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001039266/article/jarrett-stidham-turning-heads-at-patriots-camp

Jarrett Stidham turning heads at Patriots camp

:o  :lol:  

According to Andrew Callahan of MassLive.com, Stidham's 68-percent completion rate through 10 practices trumps Brady's by 10 notches, a positive sign for the former Auburn star and New England's hopes of finding an eventual heir apparent.

"He's getting more comfortable. He has a live arm, can make any throw. I like Jarrett. It's the National Football League, and he's young," said receiver Phillip Dorsett, who's been with the Pats since 2017. "Coming in here is tough. A lot of stuff gets thrown at you really fast and changes on the move, so you have to be able to adjust. He's doing all right

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, Geo in Pa said:

Mark my words, his Achilles is going to snap any time now, just like Marino. 

Marino took a BRUTAL beating his last few seasons, as did Montana and Jim Kelly

game isn't the same as it never was