Life Hacks

Gugny

19 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If you’re constantly sitting on your balls when you take a dump <yeeouch!>, bring a small stick or board to the bathroom with you to hold your junk up while you sit down.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

NSFW: Language

You seem intent on optimizing one aspect of life. Admirable focus in the era of social media and short attention spans. Good on ya!

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don't know any of my own but I recently learned that if you want to get committed to an asylum you can go on a message board and share what you dreamt about Bob Costas.

Maybe you can even meet Britney.

I hear it's simple, just walk into the hospital and tell them your a life long fan of Buffalo Sports teams, and not from Buffalo......

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

If you need to resort to practices like that,best to look into some social service assistance.,like a food stamp card .Your entire post shouts out dishonesty,being shady and the feel of being above the law.

How would you feel if I walked into your house and took your living room lamps and wife..also your dog? You wouldn't be able to kick my ass..so what does that leave you with....

Honesty wins..Trust wins..those are good characteristics to have..

Frauds piss me off.

LOL.  I didn't say I actually did it, did I?  Nor do I suggest others do.

It's a thought experiment.  

Do you own a grocery story or something?

:lol:

18 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

How would you feel if I walked into your house and took your living room lamps and wife..also your dog? You wouldn't be able to kick my ass..so what does that leave you with....

Pic?

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/2/2019 at 11:59 PM, Gugny said:

Everyone loves a good life hack.  Share them here.

Earlier tonight, I realized I had no buttermilk to make my chicken tenders.  1 TBSP of white vinegar in a measuring cup, then added enough milk to make 1 full cup.  Let it set for 10 minutes .... BOOM ... buttermilk.

What life hacks can you share?

I use those plastic supermarket bags to carry my lunch during the week.

20 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

If you need to resort to practices like that,best to look into some social service assistance.,like a food stamp card .Your entire post shouts out dishonesty,being shady and the feel of being above the law.

Honesty wins..Trust wins..those are good characteristics to have..

Frauds piss me off.

What makes you believe that you're immune to an ass kicking?

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

They will be a thing of the past in NY, starting 2020.

On 5/3/2019 at 6:41 AM, sherpa said:

Inkjet printer replacement cartridges.

Insanely overpriced to the point where some printer manufacturers lose money on the printer because they know they'll make a bunch on the replacement cartridges. 

If one gets "low" and low isn't really that low, the printer becomes dysfunctional until all are replaced.

Not difficult at all to get around the issue, depending on the type of printer. 

Easy to find solution at a fraction of the cost.

What are some of these solutions?  At one point, I used some sort of refillable thing, and those were such a waste or time.  It was a mess and the quality sucked................Then, I started buying expired cartridges on ebay, and somehow have not been doing that for awhile.  IIRC, the kind I needed didn't seem to on ebay anymore................I recently looked at one of the receipts my secretary gave me for buying ink, and I was like Whoa, I think I have to start looking for alternatives again!  

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

What makes you believe that you're immune to an ass kicking?

I've had my face handed to me before..but keep in mind,these days I drink Boost not to mention..I stay in Holiday Inn Expresses when i/we travel.

Grins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

In honor of Cinco de Mayo:

Whenever we'd heat up taco shells the one at the front of the line would fold down from the heat so you couldn't get stuff enough taco fixings in it and/or it would break when you tried to add too much.

Now we put a balled up wad of aluminum foil in the lead taco so it holds it's shape.

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Whenever we'd heat up taco shells the one at the front of the line would fold down from the heat so you couldn't get stuff enough taco fixings in it and/or it would break when you tried to add too much.

Now we put a balled up wad of aluminum foil in the lead taco so it holds it's shape.

As a public service announcement, I'd like to mention this method is only approved for conventional oven heating and not microwaves.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

As a public service announcement, I'd like to mention this method is only approved for conventional oven heating and not microwaves

I never tried heating taco shells in the microwave. How well does that work?

I did make the mistake of putting them in the toaster oven once. The warning on the box that I overlooked was correct - they caught fire.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

I never tried heating taco shells in the microwave. How well does that work?

I did make the mistake of putting them in the toaster oven once. The warning on the box that I overlooked was correct - they caught fire.

Its quick and easy.  Put a couple of damp paper towels over them and hit em for 30 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, bbb said:

What are some of these solutions?  At one point, I used some sort of refillable thing, and those were such a waste or time.  It was a mess and the quality sucked................Then, I started buying expired cartridges on ebay, and somehow have not been doing that for awhile.  IIRC, the kind I needed didn't seem to on ebay anymore................I recently looked at one of the receipts my secretary gave me for buying ink, and I was like Whoa, I think I have to start looking for alternatives again!  

Since sherpa didn't answer my printer question...................Can somebody give me more life hacks to rip off stores?  

23 hours ago, bbb said:

I'm not going to write specific answers, because printers have different solutions.

Information is easily available by searching.  I've got an Epson.

http://www.inkpal.com/ink-news/how-to-reset-an-ink-cartridge-not-waste-printer-ink/

• Thank you (+1) 1

"Expectant Mother" parking spaces are not ticketed. They can be used by anyone.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:12 PM, SinceThe70s said:

If you put cheese in the shell before the meat, it will act like glue to keep the two halves together, even if they break during the assembly process, assuming the ground beef is still hot enough to melt the cheddar.

Edited by unbillievable

On 5/3/2019 at 12:11 PM, Steve O said:

For stuff like frozen vegetables it might be their seconds. Friend of mine worked at Dannon, for stuff like yogurt they just swap out the containers, wouldn't make sense to clean out the vats. I would think its that way for most liquids.

It is not always true.  I consulted for a company that made their own brand non dairy creamer and also made for Sam's Club.  The Sam's Club was higher quality as it had more butter fat but was cheaper.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:59 PM, Gugny said:

Everyone loves a good life hack.  Share them here.

Earlier tonight, I realized I had no buttermilk to make my chicken tenders.  1 TBSP of white vinegar in a measuring cup, then added enough milk to make 1 full cup.  Let it set for 10 minutes .... BOOM ... buttermilk.

What life hacks can you share?

I use 1/2 greek yogurt and 1/2 milk in the same circs.

I don't like the taste of the vinegar or the texture of the curdled milk, but obviously it worked for you.

Here's my life hack:

Got silver something-or-other (money clip, cuff links, tie pin) that's all tarnished when you haul it out for a dress event? 
Rub on a little ordinary toothpaste, let it sit while you brush your teeth, then rub a bit with a damp paper towel, rinse, and buff with a towel or hankie.  Presto!  All shiny! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2019 at 11:05 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

I offering this one from a friend: At supermarkets where they have self check-out you can purchase, oh say, Honeycrisp apples at a deep discount by typing in the code for a much cheaper variety, like McIntosh.

Around here, they have tiny bar codes on the produce.

But I go to the lines with human checkers.  Their kids gotta eat.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I use 1/2 greek yogurt and 1/2 milk in the same circs.

I don't like the taste of the vinegar or the texture of the curdled milk, but obviously it worked for you.

Here's my life hack:

Got silver something-or-other (money clip, cuff links, tie pin) that's all tarnished when you haul it out for a dress event? 
Rub on a little ordinary toothpaste, let it sit while you brush your teeth, then rub a bit with a damp paper towel, rinse, and buff with a towel or hankie.  Presto!  All shiny! 

When I was in the service I took a  Betty Crocker easy bake job as a school bus monitor..the kids always wanted to touch my buckle...back then ,the Corps really,really frowned upon that.

Those 5-8 year olds....?

When a screw is loose because the wood is stripped, remove the screw, wrap a little masking tape around it, and screw it back in. The tape will fill in the gap.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Easiest guacamole recipe ever.

>Mash avocados

>Mix with a couple of tablespoons of salsa. (I prefer Pace Picante.)

>Eat.

That sounds disgusting!  If you simply add some lime juice, cilantro and garlic, you'll have real guacamole.

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

When a screw is loose because the wood is stripped, remove the screw, wrap a little masking tape around it, and screw it back in. The tape will fill in the gap.

You should share this over in PPP.  Lots of screws loose over there.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You should share this over in PPP.  Lots of screws loose over there.

In that case, I'd recommend putting the masking tape over a person's mouth (or keyboard.)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

In that case, I'd recommend putting the masking tape over a person's mouth (or keyboard.) and nose.

I fixed it for you!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That sounds disgusting!  If you simply add some lime juice, cilantro and garlic, you'll have real guacamole.

Agreed. I like to add a little Frank's Red Hot to mine, but I add Frank's to almost everything. It's my special ingredient in a Bloody Mary.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/5/2019 at 10:08 PM, Misterbluesky said:

When I was in the service I took a  Betty Crocker easy bake job as a school bus monitor..the kids always wanted to touch my buckle...back then ,the Corps really,really frowned upon that.

Those 5-8 year olds....?

The kids "wanted" to touch your belt buckle and that happened?  WTF?!?!?  Do you have any idea how dirty kids' hands are?!?!  You must have had to shine that thing 10 times a day!!

Also, please consider changing your avatar.  I thought you were gugny.  What happened to your old LBGTQ friendly avatar??

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The kids "wanted" to touch your belt buckle and that happened?  WTF?!?!?  Do you have any idea how dirty kids' hands are?!?!  You must have had to shine that thing 10 times a day!!

Also, please consider changing your avatar.  I thought you were gugny.  What happened to your old LBGTQ friendly avatar??

Hey pussycat..you'll have to ask your friend,Gugny about that avatar,he changed it after I gave him my passworld...that's what I was told.He gets a pass even though he excersiced piss poor judgement.

Dick...if the avatar bothers you to the point where you find yourself losing sleep over it...I will consider doing absolutely nothing about it.

Make love to your wife more....before somebody else tags that ass.

Edited by Misterbluesky

21 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hey pussycat..you'll have to ask your friend,Gugny about that avatar,he changed it after I gave him my passworld...that's what I was told.He gets a pass even though he excersiced piss poor judgement.

Dick...if the avatar bothers you to the point where you find yourself losing sleep over it...I will consider doing absolutely nothing about it.

Make love to your wife more....before somebody else tags that ass.

You seniors have no manners.  

When it comes to extended warranties, whether it's electronics, automotives, furniture, whatever, the numbers favor whoever is issuing the warranty. There may be a few times that you wish you had purchased the extended warranty, but over the course of a lifetime, you're better off never purchasing them. For the most part, whatever is going to go wrong will happen within the initial warranty period anyways.

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 3