TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

45 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Williams makes more sense to the 9ers after trading for Ford. 

He's all they've got though.  If they draft Bosa they would have both ends locked up with stud potential.

They have solomon thomas and deforest buckner as high picks on the inside.  I would argue Williams is more redundant than Bosa would be.

I think the pick is Bosa and they are ecstatic the cards are going qb back to back.

10 minutes ago, section122 said:

He's all they've got though.  If they draft Bosa they would have both ends locked up with stud potential.

They have solomon thomas and deforest buckner as high picks on the inside.  I would argue Williams is more redundant than Bosa would be.

I think the pick is Bosa and they are ecstatic the cards are going qb back to back.

Actually Thomas has played outside.... but not very well. Similarly Armstead who is another 1st rounder. I can see arguments for Bosa and Williams. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Actually Thomas has played outside.... but not very well. Similarly Armstead who is another 1st rounder. I can see arguments for Bosa and Williams. 

Yeah i agree both arguments are valid I just think he would be better served inside and the niners with Bosa for their base 43.

I think they take Bosa.  He and Ford on the outside is just nasty.  They already have Buckner inside as well.  Solomon thomas sucks as a 4-3 De.  Much better off inside.  

Can we vote on banning TheBeane from future drafts?  This is just a bit ridiculous 

Edited by NewEra

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think they take Bosa.  He and Ford on the outside is just nasty.  They already have Buckner inside as well.  Solomon thomas sucks as a 4-3 De.  Much better off inside.  

Can we vote on banning TheBeane from future drafts?  This is just a bit ridiculous 

Personally I think Thomas is a plain bust at this point. I always thought the hype machine for him was a little out of control.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally I think Thomas is a plain bust at this point. I always thought the hype machine for him was a little out of control.

The production and draft positions for that line do not match.  Some wasted picks for sure.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Likewise.  Never understood it.   They rarely played him inside last year.  I think of given the chance, he may be a solid player inside

Just now, ExWNYer said:

FWIW, there was a guy on Sirius NFL Radio the other day who covers the 49ers and he was convinced that they would take Williams.

I looked at 10 mocks. 7 of them had them taking Bosa.  He’s considered the best taken in the draft.  

He’s the safest pick and locks them up on the edges for years 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I looked at 10 mocks. 7 of them had them taking Bosa.  He’s considered the best taken in the draft.  

He’s the safest pick and locks them up on the edges for years 

I don't disagree, Virg. I'd take him, as well. Just passing along that tidbit.

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 2nd pick of the TSW Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Nick Bosa, Edge, Ohio St. 

The Jets are on the clock

@TPS 

Good pick but I get left with one question (not necessarily to you, but to those who predict Bosa to the 9ers.) 

Ford got traded (I thought at least) because he didn't fit the new 4-3.

Bosa is prototypical 4-3 end.

What defense does SF run, and how do these two things match up? 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Good pick but I get left with one question (not necessarily to you, but to those who predict Bosa to the 9ers.) 

Ford got traded (I thought at least) because he didn't fit the new 4-3.

Bosa is prototypical 4-3 end.

What defense does SF run, and how do these two things match up? 

4-3

Bosa plays DE.  Imo, ford plays DE as well.

I believe he got traded because  he was too expensive  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

4-3

Bosa plays DE.  Imo, ford plays DE as well.

I believe he got traded because  he was too expensive  

Gotcha.. I couldn't remember if his trade was a product of the switch, or just another business move. Seems weird that the Chiefs off loaded 22 sacks so willingly... 

At last...

In order to fight fire with Fire, the New Jersey football Jets, with the third overall pick in the 2019 NFL draft, take their own Josh Allen DE Kentucky.  The Raiders of Oakland or Vegas or...somewhere and @Joe in Winslow are on the clock.

the jests sorely need someone who can put heat on the QB, especially his namesake, and they (we) believe Allen is the best edge pass rusher in the draft. Yeah QWill is tempting, but Allen is the bigger need and an ideal 3-4 fit. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

At last...

In order to fight fire with Fire, the New Jersey football Jets, with the third overall pick in the 2019 NFL draft, take their own Josh Allen DE Kentucky.  The Raiders of Oakland or Vegas or...somewhere and @Joe in Winslow are on the clock.

the jests sorely need someone who can put heat on the QB, especially his namesake, and they (we) believe Allen is the best edge pass rusher in the draft. Yeah QWill is tempting, but Allen is the bigger need and an ideal 3-4 fit. 

This is the right pick for them - both value and need.

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Gotcha.. I couldn't remember if his trade was a product of the switch, or just another business move. Seems weird that the Chiefs off loaded 22 sacks so willingly... 

Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see how bad their D is next year.  Hopefully they take a nosedive 

Options considered:

QB:  Winston may not be the long-term solution but will give him a year under Arians.

DL:  Williams is also good value but the Bucs still have McCoy.

LB:  Need to replace Alexander with a true playmaker.

So, with those thoughts I see Williams slightly ahead of White but not enough to avoid the need pick.

With the 5th overall pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Devin White, LB LSU.  The Giants @BuffaloHokie13  are on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 2