How can we not be all in on Metcalf now?

If Metcalf and 2 qbs go before our pick at 9...there is going to be some serious defensive talent on the board at 9....select defense or trade back....I’m in the trade back boat if we have a suitor....

• Like (+1) 1

Metcalf is a RIDICULOUS athlete. Is he good at football? I have no idea. I’m neither in or out on him but the only thing that I’ll say is Beane went high ceiling last year in Allen and Edmunds. I don’t think that he will be scared off by Metcalf’s limited resume. A top pass catcher is right there with OL for biggest need. We need guys to block and catch.  Give Josh a chance to succeed

21 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

How can we not? Because Stephen Hill. 6'4 215lbs and he ran a 4.36. Issue was lack of production.  He instantly jumped high on draft boards after his combine and proceeded to do nothing. 

Do I think Metcalf will be Hill? No I think he will be better but I also don't think he will be like Julio. Think he should be drafted 15-20 range. And he does have bust potential.

However I can see us falling in love with him. Beane fell in love withJosh Allen and Tremain Edmunds to physical abilities and size. So same could happen with DK. But I'll rather take Hakeem... Not as good as athletic freak but I think will be a safer selection

This is exactly the guy that keeps popping into my head....but Stephen hill went in the 2nd.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Metcalf is a RIDICULOUS athlete. Is he good at football? I have no idea. I’m neither in or out on him but the only thing that I’ll say is Beane went high ceiling last year in Allen and Edmunds. I don’t think that he will be scared off by Metcalf’s limited resume. A top pass catcher is right there with OL for biggest need. We need guys to block and catch.  Give Josh a chance to succeed

It's not the limited resume it's the obvious red flags.  Change of direction issues are a huge red flag for any receiver, as are injuries.  The way Metcalf is built, he is unlikely to overcome either of those things.  Metcalf is the kind of pick that gets GMs fired.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

After watching that performance.   Hes like a combination of Julio Jones and EMO.

Does he make it to 9 after this combine?

No.

So, OP, 40 responses -of which none are yours..- seem to suggest You are the only one All In on Metcalf. I encourage you, per the rules of posting,  to return to your thread and debate all these nay-sayers. I need to be educated and shown the error of my thinking

• Like (+1) 2

I think he'll slip a little.  Too many other coveted players. His numbers are solid outside the change of directions fail... That alone will drop him out of top 10 IMO. If anything I think the Bills can grab DK at the mid to back end of the 1st and get a more impactful player at #9

Receivers only matter if your QB is standing upright and not running for his life.  Must fix the OLine first.  The WR group is really deep.  A lot of impressive performances yesterday.  Let's see what happens in free agency.  I still think the trade down scenario is good, if there is a partner.  Then can use the multiple 4th and 5 round picks to move up an many grab a second 3rd pick.  Could really play to have 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick and 2 third rounders.  Possible to get 3-4 day one starters.   

I have been big on Metcalf and kept saying he would dominate the combine and become a top 10 pick.  Going into the combine, I was all about Metcalf as one of a few I covet at 9.  

HOWEVER:  There are a lot of things happening right now and some things have changed.  WR's came and proved what I had been saying, its a very very good and deep overall class.  Murray likely going to AZ, Rosen likely going to Washington (takes away our most popular trade back option), Raiders or someone leap frogging Raiders trading up with Jets will take Haskins.  All of a sudden, I think there is now very low odds we will trade back.  2 QB's and probably Metcalf going top 8 is going to leave an insanely talented DL prospect for us at 9 and I don't know how we will be able to pass it up.

Taking that Elite playmaker at 9 on the DL will still leave us with a great prospect in the 2nd for a WR.  And I don't know Beane or McD will prefer a trade down anyway over taking that potential difference maker.

Plus:  We could very easily trade up back into the late first or back into the 2nd with some of the extra ammo we have if a guy they absolutely covet is there.  

I would still be stoked about Metcalf, there are some legit guys at WR and one of them will be there at 40.  Harry, Campbell, Butler, Brown, etc.  

I’m not sold on Metcalf. I hope they go elite line talent on either side or trade down for Hock or Fant. Butler in the 2nd would be a nice target also. Metcalf looks like he has been pumped up with roids. Looks like he has no flexibility and is prone to muscle tears. Just my $0.02.

• Like (+1) 2

My statement...Metcalf will fall into the mid 20's or beyond. And zero chance McBeane takes him at 9. His talents are for naught in the system we are going to run. What we need is a possession receiver to move the chains. All the speed and strength in the world without production, and questions about past, and possible future injuries( muscle strains, etc) is not worth a top ten pick

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

His 7.33 cone drill time is alarming for a supposed top WR. I can’t see Beane and Co. simply discounting that seeming lack of agility in a wideout who would be expected to run the entire route tree in addition to the 9. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, davspo said:

Receivers only matter if your QB is standing upright and not running for his life.  Must fix the OLine first.  The WR group is really deep.  A lot of impressive performances yesterday.  Let's see what happens in free agency.  I still think the trade down scenario is good, if there is a partner.  Then can use the multiple 4th and 5 round picks to move up an many grab a second 3rd pick.  Could really play to have 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick and 2 third rounders.  Possible to get 3-4 day one starters.   

True, but I think they will look to the bigger fixes to OL in FA.  The draft is also deep at OL, so I think they want to make some bigger improvements in FA to free up the ability to draft one of the DL studs or maybe a WR at 9 and then fill in more OL later in the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

A WR that cant change direction/wiggle hips will be owned by good NFL CB’s. 

#1 thing DK didn't have at the college level were numbers - and why did Brown have double the production in terms of yards? I know DK was dinged up (that also is a question mark about his availability) but if he cannot make cuts and get open consistently in NCAA, then he's just a shiny object that doesn't make a difference on the field in the NFL. If his route tree consists of go's and posts, then he is not worth it at 9...IMHO