ASU WR K’Neal Harry is projected as a 2nd rd prospect.

9 hours ago, Yav said:

He’s a good kid. He’s willing to block as well as contribute on special teams. His YAC is the best of all WR in this draft. 

I believe he’s going to be similar to Anquan Bolin. Big strong dependable WR. 

He plays faster than that 4.5 40 time. 

Watch some one of the videos of him on YouTube. 

I just think he is a safer pick than DK and he’s from my school ? 

Just seen some highlight videos of him, looks legitimate. This WR group is missing a big bodied receiver who can go up and grab it. Josh Allen seems like the type of quarterback who would throw it up and give his guys a chance to make a play. 

All I know, there are going to be some great players in the second round to choose from. It will be interesting which direction they go. 

Ps. For those people comparing him to Kelvin Benjamin, Kelvin's 40 time was 4.61 and by the time he came to Buffalo I'm sure he was already a shell of that. 

3 hours ago, Magox said:

Admittedly, I have only seen the highlight reels of N'Keal and while he looks to be in the mold of a Boldin sort of reciever who is extremely strong, physical and able to pluck balls out of the air with his strong hands, he rarely seems to separate.  I'm not sure if our experiences with Kelvin have skewed how I view receivers who dont separate well, but it's certainly a cause for concern.  I'm probably unfairly comparing the two but separation matters and if you had to be concerned about any part of his game, I think you could justifiably say this would be the one.

I recommend watching a full game of his or two on youtube (search "nkeal harry vs") he particularly plays big against utah.  Its not just the highlights.  Hes working every play, and he brings some of his biggest plays when his team needs it in the 4th quarter.  He really popped off the screen to me relative to other WRs.

Heres Oregon.  This was probably the game he struggled the most but if he makes two catches that he drops he has a really good game and ASU might win.  Either way I think Oregon was super keyed in on him after he scorched them in 2017.  

This is Utah which he was huge

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Just seen some highlight videos of him, looks legitimate. This WR group is missing a big bodied receiver who can go up and grab it. Josh Allen seems like the type of quarterback who would throw it up and give his guys a chance to make a play. 

All I know, there are going to be some great players in the second round to choose from. It will be interesting which direction they go. 

Ps. For those people comparing him to Kelvin Benjamin, Kelvin's 40 time was 4.61 and by the time he came to Buffalo I'm sure he was already a shell of that. 

Harry would be a solid choice if he is available in the second. Don't forget about Duke Williams, however. He might turn out to be that big bodied receiver that can go get it.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Harry would be a solid choice if he is available in the second. Don't forget about Duke Williams, however. He might turn out to be that big bodied receiver that can go get it.

Daam, I always forget about him. So true, I'm optimistic about him also ?

• Like (+1) 1

Lot of good receivers in this draft class. Might be comparable to 2014   Longer it takes for the first one off the board the better  Maybe Metcalf doesn't go till mid to late 1st round  I think the Bills can get somebody very very talented in round 2 or even 3 at wr

On 3/19/2019 at 4:43 PM, Yav said:

Exactly. Harry was able to produce. Most people just want to say his production dropped because the stats show that, but what they don't see is that ASU couldn't figure out how to use Harry and started running the ball more due to poor QB play. 

Harry is the same size as DK. Put up the same reps at the combine. Is a high character kid and is a 3rd year player. 

DK is a second year player and really only ran two routes. 

For me Harry right now is better than DK and has all the upside with less risk. 

Two factors make Metcalf the universal top prospect.  Rare height weight speed combination. When he was on the feild he routinely created seperation and showed an extra gear to track a deep ball like a 5'10 180 wr.  Imo Harry is about the same as Zay Jones.  

23 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Two factors make Metcalf the universal top prospect.  Rare height weight speed combination. When he was on the feild he routinely created seperation and showed an extra gear to track a deep ball like a 5'10 180 wr.  Imo Harry is about the same as Zay Jones.  

Which begs the question: why was he the #3 WR on his own team in college?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

There isn’t anything about Harry that is like Zay Jones outside of the fact they play WR. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Arizona St. WR N’Keal Harry, who impressed during his Pro Day today in front of all 32 teams, is scheduled to meet with the Cardinals, Broncos, Detroit, Buffalo and Saints, per source.

I'm in the camp of three WRs for the Bills:

Metcalf

AJ Brown

or Harry

If we can get one of them I'll be happy.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There isn’t anything about Harry that is like Zay Jones outside of the fact they play WR. 

Actually, and it's not their fault per se but I disagree.  I think Harry, AJ Brown, and Zay Jones are somewhat similar in that they are all volume catchers.  They all get a lot of looks and so their volume of catches is high.  DK wasn't a volume guy for Ole Miss, he and Lodge were the big play guys so their volume and therefore their stats are not going to be close to volume guys.  Now where I think AJ and Harry are different is just raw talent.  I think AJ Brown has the talent to be a #1 WR regardless of where you play him.  Same with Harry.  Zay thus far has shown that he's primarily a complimentary guy.  Maybe he has more to show but up to this point he's shown complimentary attributes and not dominating attributes.

On 3/20/2019 at 4:34 AM, Magox said:

Admittedly, I have only seen the highlight reels of N'Keal and while he looks to be in the mold of a Boldin sort of reciever who is extremely strong, physical and able to pluck balls out of the air with his strong hands, he rarely seems to separate.  I'm not sure if our experiences with Kelvin have skewed how I view receivers who dont separate well, but it's certainly a cause for concern.  I'm probably unfairly comparing the two but separation matters and if you had to be concerned about any part of his game, I think you could justifiably say this would be the one.

He’s faster than Antonio Brown and several other top WRs.  I don’t get why people say he can’t separate well.  

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Which begs the question: why was he the #3 WR on his own team in college?

He wasnt though.  Before the injury had more TDs and yards then Brown.  He was also the only Wr on the roster other teams would double on occasion.  

45 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Actually, and it's not their fault per se but I disagree.  I think Harry, AJ Brown, and Zay Jones are somewhat similar in that they are all volume catchers.  They all get a lot of looks and so their volume of catches is high.  DK wasn't a volume guy for Ole Miss, he and Lodge were the big play guys so their volume and therefore their stats are not going to be close to volume guys.  Now where I think AJ and Harry are different is just raw talent.  I think AJ Brown has the talent to be a #1 WR regardless of where you play him.  Same with Harry.  Zay thus far has shown that he's primarily a complimentary guy.  Maybe he has more to show but up to this point he's shown complimentary attributes and not dominating attributes.

Harry is not a volume guy he's a big play guy. Harry is the guy that gets a 2-24 stat line in the first half after he makes a spectacular 30 yard catch over his head on the sidelines no one catches, catches a WR screen way behind him that is blown up and makes two guys miss before the third gets him for a six yard loss, and Manny Wilkins misses him by three yards two times wide open on bombs when he beat his guy by five yards. He's not a volume guy at all. He's spectacular, and huge, and fast, and does everything. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Both 6-2.  Harry is thicker at 223 vs Jones 203.  Jones 4.45 40 vs harry 4.53.  Both scouting report weakness reads almost the same.  Foot speed an issue threating a defense deep, will struggle vs press due to lack of suddenness and quickness. Both work well underneath.  They are similar in alot of ways. I would rather have Zay jones year 3 than Harry year 1.  I would rather have Metcalf or trade down or rd 2 Butler.  

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Harry is not a volume guy he's a big play guy. Harry is the guy that gets a 2-24 stat line in the first half after he makes a spectacular 30 yard catch over his head on the sidelines no one catches, catches a WR screen way behind him that is blown up and makes two guys miss before the third gets him for a six yard loss, and Manny Wilkins misses him by three yards two times wide open on bombs when he beat his guy by five yards. He's not a volume guy at all. He's spectacular, and huge, and fast, and does everything. 

He is not huge or fast though.  I dont care what the combine says.  You watch him play nothing jumps out at you.  

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Just because a stat line is pedestrian doesn't mean a guy isn't a high volume guy.  The QB just might have been off or he could have dropped it.  73 catches this past season and 82 prior is high volume.  I'm not saying that to say that he's bad. Far from it.  But this does not preclude him also being a big play guy either.  I only mentioned that as from what I've seen of him on tape, he gets targeted a hell of a lot.  Just like AJ Brown and Brown is a high volume guy.  That doesn't mean they are bad, that's just what they share in common with Zay Jones, but that's about all.  They both have big play ability which we haven't seen from Jones.

37 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Both 6-2.  Harry is thicker at 223 vs Jones 203.  Jones 4.45 40 vs harry 4.53.  Both scouting report weakness reads almost the same.  Foot speed an issue threating a defense deep, will struggle vs press due to lack of suddenness and quickness. Both work well underneath.  They are similar in alot of ways. I would rather have Zay jones year 3 than Harry year 1.  I would rather have Metcalf or trade down or rd 2 Butler.  

He is not huge or fast though.  I dont care what the combine says.  You watch him play nothing jumps out at you.  

ASU is my team. I have seen almost every game Harry has played in his career. He plays ZERO like Zay Jones. Harry runs right by people all the time. 

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Just because a stat line is pedestrian doesn't mean a guy isn't a high volume guy.  The QB just might have been off or he could have dropped it.  73 catches this past season and 82 prior is high volume.  I'm not saying that to say that he's bad. Far from it.  But this does not preclude him also being a big play guy either.  I only mentioned that as from what I've seen of him on tape, he gets targeted a hell of a lot.  Just like AJ Brown and Brown is a high volume guy.  That doesn't mean they are bad, that's just what they share in common with Zay Jones, but that's about all.  They both have big play ability which we haven't seen from Jones.

I watch every game. ASU is my team. You cannot go by stats or by highlights. Harry is a ridiculous player. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

ASU is my team. I have seen almost every game Harry has played in his career. He plays ZERO like Zay Jones. Harry runs right by people all the time. 

I watch every game. ASU is my team. You cannot go by stats or by highlights. Harry is a ridiculous player. 

I understand your bias, but Harry is a similar caliber of wr as Zay jones.  He will face some of the same issues that plagued Jones.  He will struggle vs press coverage. His strength of high pointing the ball will be challenged when facing higher caliber of athlete that wont be afraid of his vertical speed.  Going into 2019 Buffalo doesnt need 2 Wrs who are intermediate possession wrs. 

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

He wasnt though.  Before the injury had more TDs and yards then Brown.  He was also the only Wr on the roster other teams would double on occasion.  

He had fewer receptions than 2 other players at that point. He was basically a one-trick pony for them.

I'm not saying he can't be good, but I am most certainly saying buyer beware 

Just now, Mat68 said:

I understand your bias, but Harry is a similar caliber of wr as Zay jones.  He will face some of the same issues that plagued Jones.  He will struggle vs press coverage. His strength of high pointing the ball will be challenged when facing higher caliber of athlete that wont be afraid of his vertical speed.  Going into 2019 Buffalo doesnt need 2 Wrs who are intermediate possession wrs. 

My point was that he plays nothing like him, at all. Zay also played against poor competition in college. He gets zero yards after the catch (Harry's strength), he's terrible on the sidelines (Harry's strength), he's terrible fighting for the ball, 50/50 balls and catching it at the top (Harry's strength), he doesn't know where the first down is (Harry does), he cannot track the ball deep (Harry does), he's not a big play guy (Harry is), he's a possession receiver with lousy hands (Harry isn't either of those). I have watched 30+ games of both. They are nothing alike. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Be careful. You’re defending him like Tyrod and you know how that goes 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Be careful. You’re defending him like Tyrod and you know how that goes 

I never said either was a great player. ;) Harry has potential. He'll go in the first round. I don't think Tyrod had any potential to be great.  He wasn't even very good. I defended him from people saying he sucked on the Bills, and I also said their line sucked and he masked how bad it really was, especially at pass blocking, which was clearly evident. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

My point was that he plays nothing like him, at all. Zay also played against poor competition in college. He gets zero yards after the catch (Harry's strength), he's terrible on the sidelines (Harry's strength), he's terrible fighting for the ball, 50/50 balls and catching it at the top (Harry's strength), he doesn't know where the first down is (Harry does), he cannot track the ball deep (Harry does), he's not a big play guy (Harry is), he's a possession receiver with lousy hands (Harry isn't either of those). I have watched 30+ games of both. They are nothing alike. 

Yeah, but other than that, similar caliber, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Alot of those were Jones presumed strengths coming out of college aswell.  Read their scouting reports.  They are more similar than you are willing to admit.  

I would upload them but it is a chore to do off my phone.  

Edited by Mat68

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Alot of those were Jones presumed strengths coming out of college aswell.  Read their scouting reports.  They are more similar than you are willing to admit.  

Zay Jones made a quantum leap from the worst WR in the entire league to passable. IF he makes that same quantum leap this year, he will reach the point where he will just suck.

He's a complete flop so far. They don't play the same. Jones didn't play the same as Harry in college either. He was a possession guy that made a boatload of catches against small college DBs. I read the reports when he came out. I was pretty high on him as a prospect when we drafted him. But he has failed at virtually every important element of the position.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Zay Jones made a quantum leap from the worst WR in the entire league to passable. IF he makes that same quantum leap this year, he will reach the point where he will just suck.

He's a complete flop so far. They don't play the same. Jones didn't play the same as Harry in college either. He was a possession guy that made a boatload of catches against small college DBs. I read the reports when he came out. I was pretty high on him as a prospect when we drafted him. But he has failed at virtually every important element of the position.  

Harry seems to be a 20 pds slower version to me.  Not saying he wont become a starting caliber wr down the road.  I dont see it this year or next. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He’s faster than Antonio Brown and several other top WRs.  I don’t get why people say he can’t separate well.  

Separation is not just about speed.

I'm only judging it based off the highlight reels that I've seen so I certainly could be wrong but that was one of my takeaways from what I observed.

37 minutes ago, Magox said:

Separation is not just about speed.

I'm only judging it based off the highlight reels that I've seen so I certainly could be wrong but that was one of my takeaways from what I observed.

Gotcha, makes sense.  

I think if you watch the highlight reels closer it will come across different.  For example, there is one where he catches the ball in the middle of the field and turns up field but gets caught from behind by a CB with an angle.  So looks like it was a speed issue, but when you watch the replay, the defender guarding him initially grabbed his jersey (got flagged too) and pulled him to almost a stop and he broke through it and still caught the ball.  So he was turning up field but from a low speed break after the hold and the outside CB had an angle and was already running full speed his direction.  

There are a lot of other plays where it looks like there isn't separation because his weak QB is under throwing him and he is slowing to get into position to make the catch.  So I think the poor QB play and little things like above have created a little bit of misconstrued notion that he didnt get enough separation when it was really about the context of the play.  

That misconception of him had people thinking he would run in the 4.7 range yet went out and was in the low 4.5s instead.  I could be wrong about him, but I honestly don't think separation will be an issue with him.  I think he has the potential to be another Boldin, Marshall, T.O. etc type player.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Well it’s funny you would rather have Metcalf. What is he other than a physical freak?  He can’t get out of his breaks and doesn’t run good routes. He’s a straight line speedster and that’s about it.  I’d rather go after another position in the first and target a WR in the second or third, because this draft is deep at the position. 

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

His ability to make contested catches jumps out at you. His ability to track the ball in the air (his QB consistently underthrew him) is also impressive.

5 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Harry is the same size as DK, same bench as DK, has better hands and has the best YAC in the draft but yea same as Zay ... SMH

bleacher also has Harry as the first WR being taken by Carolina with Baltimore settling for DK. 

Baltimore and Pittsburgh both like Harry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Well it’s funny you would rather have Metcalf. What is he other than a physical freak?  He can’t get out of his breaks and doesn’t run good routes. He’s a straight line speedster and that’s about it.  I’d rather go after another position in the first and target a WR in the second or third, because this draft is deep at the position. 

I think Metcalf has the deep ability and potential of Randy Moss.  Allen has the arm to take advantage of it.  Of the top receivers in the draft, Metcalf and  Marquis Brown looked the most impressive, consistently had seperation, consistently ran away from defenders.  Metcalf being 5 inches taller and 60 pds heavier gave him the advantage in my eyes.  

Edited by Mat68

It comes down to personal preference, but I would prefer Butler myself.  I am not sure any of the WRs in this class are going to be great, but I think there are many of them that will play in the league for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

It comes down to personal preference, but I would prefer Butler myself.  I am not sure any of the WRs in this class are going to be great, but I think there are many of them that will play in the league for a long time. 

Rd 2 I would be stoked with Butler.  He looks like the type of Wr Beane covets.  Benjamin draft and trade.  Also, Devin Funchess.  I think Butler has the second highest potential of any wr in the draft.

58 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Metcalf has the deep ability and potential of Randy Moss.  Allen has the arm to take advantage of it.  Of the top receivers in the draft, Metcalf and  Marquis Brown looked the most impressive, consistently had seperation, consistently ran away from defenders.  Metcalf being 5 inches taller and 60 pds heavier gave him the advantage in my eyes.  

I think you need to have your eyes checked for cataracts. 

Metcalf can run fast in one direct and will struggle with press coverage, not to mention he doesn’t have the greatest of hands. 

Harry has strong hands and can fight through press coverage, he can play outside or slot, he’s big and will impose his will on DBs. Harry is also a damn good blocker. With the ball there is no better WR in this draft. His ability to create YAC separate him from the rest & we still haven’t talked about his return ability. 

Edited by Yav