AFC Wild Card: Colts at Texans 4:35 ESPN

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Me too. I think Watson has 'Juice'

Allen and Jackson, similar mold, flashed potential this year.

We will see, it would be a more interesting NFL if 2 or 3 of these guys pan out.

Well don't write Watson off yet!!

Also really pulling for Lamar to have playoff success. I love seeing players succeed when people dismiss them because they don't follow lazy conventional wisdom football analysis... Like RPO's haven't had huge success for young QBs in the playoffs. Lamar Jackson plays winning football with near perfect football execution until proven otherwise.

He's that good at rushing the football. And is a completion machine when he needs to be. Whatever's going on over there is winning football regardless.

Oh and yep I'm writing off Watson as I've typed this. ***** Watson.. not good enough (this year :) )

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Watson is the Texans offense atm.....very similar to allen :)

I strongly disagree with this. DeAndre Hopkins and Lamar Miller would immediately be the best 2 players on our offense. Hopkins is arguably the best receiver in the league...

Nice spot for indy there on the 3rd and two and even if you challenge it I don't think it gets overturned

Just now, HappyDays said:

I strongly disagree with this. DeAndre Hopkins and Lamar Miller would immediately be the best 2 players on our offense. Hopkins is arguably the best receiver in the league...

nobody is comparing offense but Watson pretty much all  the offense passing and rushing would be the comparison

Just now, HappyDays said:

they dont use Miller enough and Coutee is pretty damned good for their #3 wr 

I know we were discussing the possibility of Bell going to the Colts, but they really don't need him. Mack had the 4th most rushing yards for the last half of the season and is killing that Texans defense today. 

8 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Texans need another wide receiver.

Will Fuller looks to be a straight bust. D Thomas was hurt but yeah.. they don't appear to have depth with just starting caliber receivers otherwise. Basically like us without Zay. They got Hopkins and we got Foster and nothing else lol

Lamar Miller is fantastically mediocre. Overrated IMO.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Will Fuller looks to be a straight bust. D Thomas was hurt but yeah.. they don't appear to have depth with just starting caliber receivers otherwise. Basically like us without Zay. They got Hopkins and we got Foster and nothing else lol

Texans need to trade us a wr  I'd be tickled pink with Fuller or Coutee

27 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Texans are winning this game

Can you tell me who's winning tonight's game?  Still have time for Seahawks at -2 on Bovada.  Cowboys defense tells me it's a stay away game.

5 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Do they want Zay Jones?  We'll take Hopkins.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I know in end it didn't matter, but how smart is it really to go for it on 4th down and pass on the easy FG? It would have been a one-score game on that last Houston drive.

I never question Bill O'Brien in a playoff game.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

nobody is comparing offense but Watson pretty much all  the offense passing and rushing would be the comparison

But Allen literally has been our entire offense. The only skill player on the Bills that would have a chance of starting for Houston is Robert Foster and he certainly wouldn't be an every down player for them.

• Like (+1) 1

Simply put none of the Texans playmakers brought their A game tonight. 

JJ Watt, Clowney and Merciless were dominated for the most part and couldn't impact the Quarterback. Watson and Hopkins were both off and got no real help from anyone else on offense. 

Frank Reich has just said it in the locker room "Playoff football is won up front". Hear, hear. And the Colts dominated both lines of scrimmage. 

Bill Obrien and Watson are criminally overrated. Bill got outcoached big time today , Colts made it look easy , on the road . Very impressive and dangerous team. Legit SB contenders. 

Some Homer Thoughts - If I'm a GM , I'm taking Allen over Watson. 

10 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Colts gonna whup NE.

That'd get Ugly for NE!

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he meant tonight then he was absolutely right. It was far from Deshaun Watson's best game he missed a lot of throws he usually makes despite having an oline that is absolutely freaking useless.... but he was their whole offense. Not sure if Hopkins was hurt or just off but he had a really poor game - got no separation. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is Frank COY??

Without doubt for me. 

18 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

I don't know much about Fuller. I know he's fast but.. he's had very little production for being like the 2nd WR taken 1st round in the draft. Invisible on fantasy football is the extent of my knowledge

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Simply put none of the Texans playmakers brought their A game tonight. 

JJ Watt, Clowney and Merciless were dominated for the most part and couldn't impact the Quarterback. Watson and Hopkins were both off and got no real help from anyone else on offense. 

Frank Reich has just said it in the locker room "Playoff football is won up front". Hear, hear. And the Colts dominated both lines of scrimmage. 

Assuming Quinten Nelson stays healthy he is going to be a HOF player. The Colts OL is terrific in pass blocking. Nelson, a guard, was the sixth pick in the draft. For those who believe that a guard shouldn't be drafted so high in this case they are wrong. 

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Assuming Quinten Nelson stays healthy he is going to be a HOF player. The Colts OL is terrific in pass blocking. Nelson, a guard, was the sixth pick in the draft. For those who believe that a guard shouldn't be drafted so high in this case they are wrong. 

Elite prospects are always worth the 6th pick. Nelson was an elite prospect. As a general rule there isn't value in top 10 guards.... but Quenton Nelson to me was the safest draft pick in a decade. He will be an all pro pretty much every year for a decade. 

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

Yeah being in Big ten country I agree........ I just think NFL expectations are so high and with not having much success in the playoffs it could get hot

List of teams ButtChin has beaten in the playoffs:

1. Connor cook 

2. End of list 

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He was holding like a mofo tho. ESP on Clowney.

• Like (+1) 1

Just worth saying too.... I suspect the Colts watched the Houston v Buffalo game from earlier this year in putting that plan together. Not dissimilar schemes with a rangey, fast, sideline to sideline middle linebacker - they were successful in taking away the crossers and inside pick plays that are the staple of the Houston offense and if you want then make sure Hopkins doesn't beat you and contain Watson's legs they lack playmakers elsewhere. Coutee is not beating you going down the field and the other fella who played today is not at the required level. 

There were some similarities in how Edmunds was used in that game and how Leonard was used tonight.