LeVeon Bell: What better fit for him than Buffalo?

Let's say we finish 8-8, Allen plays great to finish the season. Buffalo looks like a team that is going to compete for a long time. We would suddenly become an attractive destination for many FAs. We also have a ton of cap space to work with and our offense lacks a playmaker. Why not Bell? Give him what he wants, Buffalo now has the best RB in the NFL. Build that OL in the draft and free agency. Buffalo adds a guy that regularly puts up 2,000 all purpose yards a season. Hopefully Zay and Foster continue to develop alongside Allen and I  could definitely see us making a playoff push. Bell gets a 4 year deal, his contract would be up around the same time Josh Allen's is, so no conflict there. Definitely think offense would not be a problem anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Packers rarely ever go after free agents. Jets suck. Colts I don't know enough to comment on.

None of this makes them worse “fits” than Buffalo.

With the emergence of Conner, I find myself less and less impressed with Bell. Pass.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Packers rarely ever go after free agents. Jets suck. Colts I don't know enough to comment on.

Kinda why the rumors for Packers are sticking with me IMO. Makes lot of sense for Bell and Packers, McCarthy likely out, and they've been more game for FAs to kickstart a better offense for Rodgers with Jimmy Graham. They know time's running out on the Rodgers era and the GM is getting more antsy about it... Would match Bell and Rodgers together in their respective football primes too.

I'd love him in Buffalo TBH would inject steroids into this offense, he can do so much.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

None of this makes them worse “fits” than Buffalo.

With the emergence of Conner, I find myself less and less impressed with Bell. Pass.

Could be a part of it, but still. Bell is like having a 1,000 rusher and a 1,000 yard receiver in one player. That equates to Buffalo getting more yards, which we desperately need.

Yes, let's go all out for another running back. How many times have the bills done this already? McGahee, Lynch, spiller, McCoy. Seriously if they draft a running back in the 1st round or over pay for a running back in free agency my head will explode 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Yes, let's go all out for another running back. How many times have the bills done this already? McGahee, Lynch, spiller, McCoy. Seriously if they draft a running back in the 1st round or over pay for a running back in free agency my head will explode 

We rode McCoy to the playoffs and LeVeon Bell is a better RB than Shady. Shady's career is winding down now, need to move on. Dump everyone but Marcus Murphy, sign Bell, draft another midround RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Shady has more baggage than Bell.

And Shady isn't a process player either, only reason they are holding on to him imo is because one would think he helps the rookie this season and we don't have a great second choice at the moment.  We will see if he is let go in the offseason.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

And Shady isn't a process player either, only reason they are holding on to him imo is because one would think he helps the rookie this season and we don't have a great second choice at the moment.  We will see if he is let go in the offseason.  

Bell is a bit of an egotist, for sure. But that's a good thing! We need more of that. We got room for a player like that. Those kind of guys are good to have in moderation. Any person that is gifted the way Bell is will have a huge ego and rightfully so. Bring him in and give him 400 touches.

For the money he wants, and taking a year off it would be a hard pass for me. Don’t see any reason why buffalo needs him. Shadys dancing for 2 yard losses is getting annoying and ivory looks much better as far as just get the 3 yards. I would rather run ivory Murphy and maybe a Tarik Cohen kinda receiving rookie next year than waste 15+ million on bell. He’s a me first player, and while I agree Pittsburgh did him kinda dirty I’m just not a big fan of what he brings. 

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Better fits? The Jets, Colts, and Packers immediately come to mind.

Aaron Jones is the real deal, they just have a terrible HC / OC.

IMO, unless Brady retires, the best fit for him is the Pats.  They desperately need a stud RB and need to transition the load off Brady.  Brady can potentially last a couple more seasons if they go back to playing how he did as a rookie, ball control offense with good defense.  But I'm not convinced he can last several more seasons with the bulk of the offense on his shoulders.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Bell is a bit of an egotist, for sure. But that's a good thing! We need more of that. We got room for a player like that. Those kind of guys are good to have in moderation. Any person that is gifted the way Bell is will have a huge ego and rightfully so. Bring him in and give him 400 touches.

No way should they bring him in for that kind of money.  Absolutely not.  McDermott is building team chemistry.  This would make no sense for what he is trying to do here and at an incredibly high cost.  Running backs are fairly reasonable to find and I think they will want a good one on a rookie contract with Allen.  Get some fresh legs in here.  A big pass on Bell from me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

No way should they bring him in for that kind of money.  Absolutely not.  McDermott is building team chemistry.  This would make no sense for what he is trying to do here and at an incredibly high cost.  Running backs are fairly reasonable to find and I think they will want a good one on a rookie contract with Allen.  Get some fresh legs in here.  A big pass on Bell from me.

Bell is the best RB in the NFL and he had a year off. I'd take him over Kamara or Gurley. 4-year deal, ride him hard until he breaks down.

37 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Let's say we finish 8-8, Allen plays great to finish the season. Buffalo looks like a team that is going to compete for a long time. We would suddenly become an attractive destination for many FAs. We also have a ton of cap space to work with and our offense lacks a playmaker. Why not Bell? Give him what he wants, Buffalo now has the best RB in the NFL. Build that OL in the draft and free agency. Buffalo adds a guy that regularly puts up 2,000 all purpose yards a season. Hopefully Zay and Foster continue to develop alongside Allen and I  could definitely see us making a playoff push. Bell gets a 4 year deal, his contract would be up around the same time Josh Allen's is, so no conflict there. Definitely think offense would not be a problem anymore.

Talk about a big move... What about Shady??.... 

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Why shell out 12-16 mil a year for a rb that will be 27 soon. Bell is looking for a long term deal- do we really want to be on the hook for a back into his 30’s? Shore up the O line, draft a Fournette type guy, and pound the rock! 

I don’t know why ANYONE would shell out that kind of cash for a RB in general. You can find good backs on days 2-3 in the draft. May not be quite Bell’s level, but if you can get 80% of that production for 10% of the price, why wouldn’t you?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I don’t know why ANYONE would shell out that kind of cash for a RB in general. You can find good backs on days 2-3 in the draft. May not be quite Bell’s level, but if you can get 80% of that production for 10% of the price, why wouldn’t you?

No you can't. Occasionally a team will get lucky but you won't find a back that gets 1,000 yards on the ground and 1,000 yards in the air. You'll have a hard time finding anyone close. Bell still got lots of tread on them tires. Our offense would improve vastly, especially for Allen. Dump the ball off to Bell 100 times a year and that easily gives Allen 1,000 yards + passing.

40 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Do you understand what they mean by process?