How about Jonah Williams at LG?

I think he would be a Quenton Nelson caliber of G. He would also provide plenty of insurance in case Dion Dawkins went down. That entire left side would be solid. May not be there when we pick and it's still early on in the process but I would not be upset if he was the pick. I'd leave Dawkins at LT and Mills at RT. Center and RG would be our only weak spots on the OL.

Edited by NewDayBills

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think he would be a Quenton Nelson caliber of G. He would also provide plenty of insurance in case Dion Dawkins went down. That entire left side would be solid. May not be there when we pick and it's still early on in the process but I would not be upset if he was the pick. I'd leave Dawkins at LT and Mills at RT. Center and RG would be our only weak spots on the OL.

The great thing about Williams is we could start him pretty much anywhere but center and have a sound/solid player pretty much instantly.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Williams has been scouted by the Bills multiple times already as it has been noted in the College Football forum about them being at Bama games. I would plug him anywhere on the OL as well. Probably at RG the way the Cowboys did with Zack Martin from Notre Dame, a LT in college also. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think Williams has been scouted by the Bills multiple times already as it has been noted in the College Football forum about them being at Bama games. I would plug him anywhere on the OL as well. Probably at RG the way the Cowboys did with Zack Martin from Notre Dame, a LT in college also. 

They've been to at least 3 games that the public knows about. Of course Alabama has like 40 future NFL players on their roster so it's anyone's guess if they were there because they're interested in Jonah or not (though I imagine they probably are).

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

If they could somehow land Paradis in FA and Teller develops, we're a solid draft pick at RT or RG away from having a good young line. 

If if I had to focus on either o line or WR, I'd build the line first.

I'd take a flyer on Ryan Kalil. Good to have some age in there too. Especially since he is calling the blocking audibles. He has that Carolina connection as well. 

LT- Dion Dawkins

LG- Jonah Williams

C- Ryan Kalil

RG- Wyatt Teller

RT- Jordan Mills

Pretty solid group of linemen. Keep Miller and Bodine as our backup. Good group of guys.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd bump Teller to RG. If Dawkins went down we'd just bump Jonah outside. I'd love to have him either way though. I think he is a fantastic prospect.

I haven’t watched him but Alabama olineman don’t have a great NFL track record. Is he better than other prospects from that organization?

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

I haven’t watched him but Alabama olineman don’t have a great NFL track record. Is he better than other prospects from that organization?

Pretty sure he is their top prospect this year. As far as other prospects from the past, the only tackle I remember from Bama is Andre Smith and Jonah is a way better player. Jonah could be a starting LT on most teams.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

They could have been scouting any of about 15 players.

18 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd take a flyer on Ryan Kalil. Good to have some age in there too. Especially since he is calling the blocking audibles. He has that Carolina connection as well. 

LT- Dion Dawkins

LG- Jonah Williams

C- Ryan Kalil

RG- Wyatt Teller

RT- Jordan Mills

Pretty solid group of linemen. Keep Miller and Bodine as our backup. Good group of guys.

I like this. This can easily happen. Hope we can somehow bring in another young guy to be the swing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Mills would need to be resigned since he is a free agent.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Played RT as a true freshman - might as well start him there.

That creates a hole though. Why not leave Mills there? He's a starting caliber RT. There's more to be desired for sure but I don't agree with creating another hole and I wouldn't draft a RT that high neither. Guard is a different story. I would take a Pro Bowl guard in the top 10 for sure.

LT- Dion Dawkins

LG- Jonah Williams

C- Ryan Kalil

RG- Wyatt Teller

RT- Jordan Mills

Ryan Kalil will be 34 next season.  That might be ok for a one year deal if there is no other good options in FA or the draft.

Mills is not the biggest problem, but he's mediocre.  If there is a better option, Mills is worth replacing.

• Like (+1) 1

Looking into the offensive tackle class for the 2019 NFL Draft, there’s one that really stands out. That player is Jonah Williams from Alabama. It’s clear that he’s the top offensive tackle and rightfully so; he’s a technician — the technician. During the beginning weeks of college football, I noticed that Greg Little was getting some buzz as one of the best offensive tackles in this class. There’s no denying that the Ole Miss product is talented, but he’s not as consistent as Jonah Williams.

Coming out of Folsom High School in Folsom, California, Jonah Williams was a five-star recruit. According to 24/7 Sports, he had 26 offers. Listed as the 17th-ranked recruit in the country, Williams had a plethora of options and ultimately chose Alabama. Since his early arrival to Tuscaloosa, Williams has gotten his fair share of hype.

From Freshman All-American to first team All-SEC, Williams has lived up to it. When he arrived, he earned a starting role at right tackle and held that position down for two years. This season, he made the transition to left tackle. Sometimes it’s tough for an offensive lineman to make that transition. For others, it looks effortless. Let’s take a look at some film on Jonah Williams and see how The Technician operates:

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Ryan Kalil will be 34 next season.  That might be ok for a one year deal if there is no other good options in FA or the draft.

Mills is not the biggest problem, but he's mediocre.  If there is a better option, Mills is worth replacing.

I'm hoping our first three picks look like this:

1.) Jonah Williams, G

2.) Marquise Brown, WR

3.) LJ Scott, RB

How about letting him play RT that's where he started out in college & that is a need on the O line unless some other player already there proves to be the best player but Mills should have been gone a couple of years ago according to those that know more about line play than I !! 

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Pretty sure he is their top prospect this year. As far as other prospects from the past, the only tackle I remember from Bama is Andre Smith and Jonah is a way better player. Jonah could be a starting LT on most teams.

Thats good to know. They have sent a bunch of guards that have struggled too. Cyrus K that we drafted a few years ago was horrible.

I'm hoping our first three picks look like this:

1.) Jonah Williams, G

2.) Marquise Brown, WR

3.) LJ Scott, RB

I would sign up for that right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Mills is not a weak spot?  He's a turnstile in pass protection.  He must catch colds from all the wind that passes by him.

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

LT- Dion Dawkins

LG- Jonah Williams

C- Ryan Kalil

RG- Wyatt Teller

RT- Jordan Mills

Kalil had stated this is his final season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Looking into the offensive tackle class for the 2019 NFL Draft, there’s one that really stands out. That player is Jonah Williams from Alabama. It’s clear that he’s the top offensive tackle and rightfully so; he’s a technician — the technician. During the beginning weeks of college football, I noticed that Greg Little was getting some buzz as one of the best offensive tackles in this class. There’s no denying that the Ole Miss product is talented, but he’s not as consistent as Jonah Williams.

This is why I don't see him as a "reach", no matter where our pick ends up.

There might be people that downgrade him because he's not 6'8" and 330lbs, but I don't see him getting dropped on his butt or being rocked back very often.

His technique and his footwork are..rare. Many positives, few things to work on, and the positives are things that many OL will never get, no matter the amount of experience they have.

If he tests out in the draft process like he plays, he's going to be coveted. Problems with OL coming out of college these days are well documented. The chances are pretty slim of finding one in later rounds this good. This is why they become a premium for teams wanting a bona fide offense.

I know people are clamoring how stacked the defensive players are in this draft. Well that may be, but that doesn't mean the offensive side is completely devoid of talent. Its just not as plentiful. Which means, if you wait, you're probably going to see a pretty big drop off in talent.

In Williams case, as I said before, if he tests like he plays, this wouldn't be taking a player who is a drop off in talent from other players similarly situated in the draft. In fact, we'd be lucky if he was there when we picked.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If we get proficient on drafting prospects regardless of position then some vets on one year deals is not a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't mind drafting Williams there, but he better be elite. A high first round pick needs to be used on quarterbacks, edge players, elite offensive talent, left tackles. I hate the idea of drafting a guard or right tackle that high in the draft. A lot of people point to the Titans drafting Lewan and Conklin, people were very excited about trying to draft Conklin that year and I hated the idea of passing on talent for a right tackle. Where has that gotten them exactly? What about the Cowboys? All of those first round pick lineman has resulted in pretty much nothing aside from a mediocre quarterback looking better than he should (and now they are gonna have to pay him). 

My point is, this guy better be elite. Otherwise you have to look at other positions. Look at all of the first round linemanover the past few years and you will a large number of busts. I know that happens at every position, but when you see the talent that was passed on to draft right tackles and guards, it is astounding. 

Never pass on talent to plug holes. Even trading down...that's how you become the Browns. 

This is coming bing from a former linemen and a current high school line coach. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't mind drafting Williams there, but he better be elite. A high first round pick needs to be used on quarterbacks, edge players, elite offensive talent, left tackles. I hate the idea of drafting a guard or right tackle that high in the draft. A lot of people point to the Titans drafting Lewan and Conklin, people were very excited about trying to draft Conklin that year and I hated the idea of passing on talent for a right tackle. Where has that gotten them exactly? What about the Cowboys? All of those first round pick lineman has resulted in pretty much nothing aside from a mediocre quarterback looking better than he should (and now they are gonna have to pay him). 

My point is, this guy better be elite. Otherwise you have to look at other positions. Look at all of the first round linemanover the past few years and you will a large number of busts. I know that happens at every position, but when you see the talent that was passed on to draft right tackles and guards, it is astounding. 

Never pass on talent to plug holes. Even trading down...that's how you become the Browns. 

This is coming bing from a former linemen and a current high school line coach. 

Where has it gotten them?  Did you see them running the ball down the Patriots’ throats a couple weeks ago?  The Titans absolutely do not regret drafting Conklin to pair with Lewan.  They are tough and nasty up front.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Where has it gotten them?  Did you see them running the ball down the Patriots’ throats a couple weeks ago?  The Titans absolutely do not regret drafting Conklin to pair with Lewan.  They are tough and nasty up front.

Our 3-7 (worst team in the league who can't beat Alabama) team also kicked the crap out of them and they couldn't move our defense at all. I get what you are saying, but they will never win a Super Bowl because they don't have a enough talent. I'm thinking big picture, and they haven't won squat. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Just look at top ten offensive lineman the last few years. 

2018- Nelson has been very good but was advertised as elite. McGlinchey has been okay at RT. 

2017- none. First guy taken was Garret Bolles and he has been awful. 

2016- Ronnie Stanley looks pretty good as does Conklin. Both have been hurt. Neither team has won anything. 

2015- Scherff looks like an excellent RG but isn't hurt. Team has won nothing.  Erick Flowers was #9 overall. Think the Giants want that one back. 

2014- Greg Robinson anyone? Jake Mathews has been okay and helped team get to the SB. Lewan was #11 and is very good but been injured. 

2013- Lane Johnson has been excellent and helped his team win a SB. The rest? Fisher, Joeckel, Cooper, Warmack. Gross. DJ Fluker went #11, also a terrible pick. 

2012- Matt Khalil...terrible. Think the Vikings would rather have Luke Keuchly or Fletcher Cox? 

2011 - Tyron Smith, elite left tackle. No Super Bowls. 

Again, I know this is an imperfect sample, but when you look at the best offensive lines in football, their guys come from all over the draft. You need to find the pieces that fit. Unless you are getting a guaranteed elite talent, don't blow the pick on offensive linemen. I know there are busts at other positions, but the majority of talented lineman in the leaugue do not come from the top ten of the draft. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just look at top ten offensive lineman the last few years. 

2018- Nelson has been very good but was advertised as elite. McGlinchey has been okay at RT. 

2017- none. First guy taken was Garret Bolles and he has been awful. 

2016- Ronnie Stanley looks pretty good as does Conklin. Both have been hurt. Neither team has won anything. 

2015- Scherff looks like an excellent RG but isn't hurt. Team has won nothing.  Erick Flowers was #9 overall. Think the Giants want that one back. 

2014- Greg Robinson anyone? Jake Mathews has been okay and helped team get to the SB. Lewan was #11 and is very good but been injured. 

2013- Lane Johnson has been excellent and helped his team win a SB. The rest? Fisher, Joeckel, Cooper, Warmack. Gross. DJ Fluker went #11, also a terrible pick. 

2012- Matt Khalil...terrible. Think the Vikings would rather have Luke Keuchly or Fletcher Cox? 

2011 - Tyron Smith, elite left tackle. No Super Bowls. 

Again, I know this is an imperfect sample, but when you look at the best offensive lines in football, their guys come from all over the draft. You need to find the pieces that fit. Unless you are getting a guaranteed elite talent, don't blow the pick on offensive linemen. I know there are busts at other positions, but the majority of talented lineman in the leaugue do not come from the top ten of the draft. 

This is ridiculous - most of the guys on your list are great players.  Your argument is basically, "drafting a lineman high won't win you a SB."  That's a weak argument.